3DXChat Community

3dxSimSexCity

LandLord

Hello every one.

I am thinking about creating a new 3dxchat community inside the game. It will be something like big city for players. We could say it will be SimCity for all players. You will be live in your houses and work in your own clubs or yours own streets in one place (places will be send by you personaly). We can establish a city council, police an other things or you can be normal citizen. What all of you think about that idea.

Ive been building a map with this very idea in mind, ive been working on and off for around 12 months or more, and not in a hurry because without a local area chat, it is near on impossible for a persistent open world roleplay. We have been using it for our closed group sessions as the local chat doesnt overlap, but I opened it one day and as soon as 3 or 4  seperate convos started happening it became a mess with people not knowing whom was mentioning who, even though they were at the other end of town, a quarter of a mile away.

If that is your in game name, if I see you around I will load it up and let you have a look at it.

22 hours ago, JenC said:

Ive been building a map with this very idea in mind, ive been working on and off for around 12 months or more, and not in a hurry because without a local area chat, it is near on impossible for a persistent open world roleplay. We have been using it for our closed group sessions as the local chat doesnt overlap, but I opened it one day and as soon as 3 or 4  seperate convos started happening it became a mess with people not knowing whom was mentioning who, even though they were at the other end of town, a quarter of a mile away.

If that is your in game name, if I see you around I will load it up and let you have a look at it.

I've seen this at Stiff Energy Solutions a lot. As of right now, given that we can only work with private or local chat, I prefer RP with a single partner, or at least a rather small group of people. The idea is fun but I guess it'll take quite a few updates to get there.

On 11/9/2019 at 6:46 PM, TheCarlito said:

I've seen this at Stiff Energy Solutions a lot. As of right now, given that we can only work with private or local chat, I prefer RP with a single partner, or at least a rather small group of people. The idea is fun but I guess it'll take quite a few updates to get there.

I dont even know if its on their radar as RPers are only a small group of the overall population, but heres the thing, Ive seen plenty come and leave because of the lack of tools for RP so its always going to be a hard grind to build a decent amount of players to voice a loud enough opinion.

You cant say they didnt think about RP though as they added the /emote into the chat, which is an RP command, though most just use it to spam their rooms, so they were thinking about RP when making the game but stopped there. But you also have to remember that when released, we didnt have the world builder so RP was always going to be confined to a single small room and not an entire city we can now make.

Actually three simple things would be enough to skyrocket the group RP activities:

1. Multiple group chats. 

2. Permanent group chats, the ones you will not leave by logging out of the game.

3. Local chat that can only be heard by people in, for example, 10 meters in all directions from the one who speaks.

4 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

What is the sense of that? Just a visual effect? By F5 the effect will be only visual 😏

Well I think it should be heard around the avi, not around the camera. The sense of that to talk only with people nearby. It can be very useful for big group RPs.

15 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Well I think it should be heard around the avi, not around the camera. The sense of that to talk only with people nearby. It can be very useful for big group RPs.

I've never seen it around avi only. Nice idea, at least it sounds interesting.

And of course I don't mean that old local chat, the one that can be heard by whole location should be removed. I just want two local chats (well, obviously they need to be named differently 🤔) - one for a whole location and one that can be heard only around the avi.

• 3 months later...

I like Xizl idea for Local chat and "near chat" giving option without creating Group chat itself to chat with another 2 (or more) instead everyone hear what we talking about in that corner. Again some filled clubs that would be annoying as *X join your near chat.* *Y enter near chat* and other 20 ppl enter and left all give message mark." sigh...

Just about every MMO game has a local area chat for people to roleplay with, and as you said Kathy, it allows for people to walk into and out of conversations without the need for group.

But as you also mention, it doesnt really work in tiny locations with lots of people jammed in together as they will nearly all be within the chat range anyway, so it would be no different to using the local tab we currently have.

city3.JPG

city2.JPG

city1.JPG

Think one biggest challenges would be keeping size somewhat reasonable if you making several locations within, given making signs and stuff like that quickly eat up object counts. Would be nice if we were able to upload textures do letters as objects and have some more basic common used furniture objects etc. To help keep things lowered while being able to add several things, but one can be hopefully that it may happen or come eventually for world editor.

Would be nice to time to time trying keeping like RP lobby room, gather some people together to discuss more real time about RP ideas, themes for scenarios or Rp as a topic to discuss, or letting Rp interested guys to mingle and decide there own things... now there so many Rp places open but they giving theme as place name (school, dark alley, sperm clinic...) of course those awesome to just hop in and look if could find some action there with spicy scenario or messing around and see reactions for others hehee. Sometimes would love to talk more about others ideas, plans, how they use their character roles (i used my gallery giving simples ideas to my characters, picture and description next at it with some details)... or just talking what things makes Rp as so interesting. Now its just staying here in forum

On 2/24/2020 at 12:00 AM, KimmyFox said:

Think one biggest challenges would be keeping size somewhat reasonable if you making several locations within, given making signs and stuff like that quickly eat up object counts. Would be nice if we were able to upload textures do letters as objects and have some more basic common used furniture objects etc. To help keep things lowered while being able to add several things, but one can be hopefully that it may happen or come eventually for world editor.

Ive been working a lot to keep that balance while having a full range of locales within the world. The 64bit update has made this a possibility, and Its coming along nicely but slowly as ive had other projects ive been doing. 

This is basically V3 of this idea as Ive tried and failed twice before to build a big city, in fact, it was the very first thing I tried to build when the world builder was released over 3 years ago, but having to build the cityscape and landscapes for the backdrops meant most of the budget was eaten up by those so it left little to nothing to build the locales themselves. Those were shelved and eventually deleted as new tools became available and when the 64bit update came, I started fresh with what you now see.

Im using the base items as much as I can to keep the block count down and youre right, especially in a build like this, letters and numbers as a single item would free up many hundreds of blocks for me. Furniture like tables, wardrobes, drawers, cupboards, sinks, appliances would be fantastic as would be more bar stuffs like glasses, cups, mugs, wine bottles, spirit bottles and the like would be awsome.

I have recently added in an apartment block, you can see the entrance in the second screenshot and I only have 3 rooms and the lobby office, but I made it in such a way that I can add many more rooms easily so people can make one their own. Theres 2 more rooms above the coffee shop. I have a nice cocktail bar and stage, a new police station that ive just finished building with cells and line-up and interview rooms. a Irish pub which im in the process of rebuilding at the moment. a cheap motel with a few rooms available there. a restaurant, a small diner, hospital and an underground subway station with train, and Im hoping to squeeze in a small garden park.

city4.JPG

On 2/24/2020 at 6:16 PM, KathyxoCougar said:

Would be nice to time to time trying keeping like RP lobby room, gather some people together to discuss more real time about RP ideas, themes for scenarios or Rp as a topic to discuss, or letting Rp interested guys to mingle and decide there own things... now there so many Rp places open but they giving theme as place name (school, dark alley, sperm clinic...) of course those awesome to just hop in and look if could find some action there with spicy scenario or messing around and see reactions for others hehee. Sometimes would love to talk more about others ideas, plans, how they use their character roles (i used my gallery giving simples ideas to my characters, picture and description next at it with some details)... or just talking what things makes Rp as so interesting. Now its just staying here in forum

Would but kinda hard to get people involved, often when I do RP rooms I ask for Feedback and suggestions to rarely get that many. Think most time many RPers just go with what theme floats with them at the time, without actually consistently searching for specifics.

Just reading though this topic, I think this could be a wonderful idea. I am still a bit new to 3dx but I have loads of roleplaying behind me. I have been looking for rooms that offer such and seems like I have had little success. But I would so enjoy a world like this to dive my character into and become part of. With a bit more prolonged story behind it. Please keep up the wonderful work!!