3DXChat Community

Pleasure House Delated public share

Mondayy

I decided to simply delete the topic of my shared room Pleasure House, given that the room contained many freely available & public shared room items...and some authors of those items reacted very angrily because I did not write again author names of the items that I used in the room. I didn't know that this is so important for some, unfortunately i don't know for all authors of the items which I used for the room, and since I don't want any more stress around I have decided I will not share this room with the public. I apologize again to authors of certain items who have felt deprived.

I think the artist of some objects and items was not happy about you did use the author logo as a part of your room decorations because this logo was a kind of watermark and artist sign of an already existing and finished room 😌

I don't think ppl who share there stuff are angry if ppl use it for their own purposes but well a re-design and an re-upload in own name without mention the artists of some items and objects, without to ask this artists is in my opinion not a nice way 😢

But at least did you see your mistake and I hope the artist accept your apology 😊👍

exactly... although reusing stuff then posting room file claiming it's all your own work is frowned upon, my issue wasn't with that... which I made clear in my post in your thread.

my issue was with the use of my logo as the logo for the room.

Edited by Anaganda

58 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

exactly... although reusing stuff then posting room file claiming it's all your own work is frowned upon, my issue wasn't with that... which I made clear in my post in your thread.

Honestly, I don't really understand about what kind of a logo you are talking about,but surely whatever it is, it is important to you, I have figure out that part. But you get few things wrong. I was not interested in declaring here some 'ownerships'', im not interested in promoting my own ''brand'' here...or whatever, I shared the room without any demands, without any conditions. I don't even consider myself as a room designer in the first place. If anyone would ever mention me as the author of the room or not, (even If I'm) I could care less, such things are not important to me here.But I respect that for other people are certain things here important and I don't want to cause any inconvenience and deleted the sharing file, I think we have solve this problem now.

Edited by Mondayy

16 minutes ago, Mondayy said:

Honestly, I don't really understand about what kind of a logo you are talking about,but surely whatever it is, it is important to you

It's okay, you don't need to understand everything... further debating in that matter wont get anywhere

as for...

16 minutes ago, Mondayy said:

But you get few things wrong. I was not interested in declaring here some 'ownerships'

You did post the room as your work, no? you didn't mention anything about stuff in it being downloaded from other shared rooms that was share by other people, yes?

as for the rest about "your brand" and all that jazz.... well... not my issue.

and again when I share room I understand that parts of it will be taken and reused, it happened a lot in many rooms and never have I ever said a thing about that... cause when I share room I kinda forfeit ownership of it... I explained my issue above which is not getting through apparently... but as I said there's no need for futher debate in the matter since you deleted the topic anyway.
I am out of here now... Thanks 😘

Edited by Anaganda

True, this case is closed, surely I will never again use from this author any public shared item for my room. But i think this case is a good example of probably many, many other rooms out there, that use public shared items while some of the authors of those items are angry on the room owners. Of course they should first clear by themselves if and what they want to share with the public and what not. Maybe 3DX developers could create a option in the world editor for the authors to use some kind of own logos, which can't be removed from the items, if some wish to have their name writen on items they share. I think that would satisfy some authors, while others could also freely choose to use such items or stay away from them. Also when people share their items publicly - they should mention their demands, restrictions on use or whatever they want in exchange for item use, I think that would certainly limit a lot of inconvenience in the future.

Mondayy, I am not a builder either,  more a jigsaw man, pieceing together things that more talented people have made. Lots do that here. I am more an ideas man.

One of my favourite rooms is The Soap Factory which we - BrandiWine & I -  open now and then  but in the past we opened it up regular. Time zone prevented regular openings continuing when RL became more hectic.

This was one such room, I had created. The idea was mine but it was made with many things made from members creations and who had generously given them into the public domain. 

Even now I may add things when their is a theme, such as Halloween, Bonfire Night even weddings. However, where known, we try to thank and acknowledge the original creator.

In our Soap Factory Topic though,  I tried where we could to acknowledge their contribution and we even sent PM thanks to everyone as well. 

The point being made, when you make a room public, or even share it with others,  is not to pass off, either on purpose or by omission work that is not yours and if you choose to create something out of others work, give them credit where known. Most "stuff" on the free sites is uploaded by a named member who will name the creator if not theirs usually.

This is the post i made for The Soap Factory when it was quite a successful room and thankfuly still is when we open.  I think the soapshine and bubbles  play a major part  LOL.

2 hours ago, Vaughan_Rarius said:

Mondayy, I am not a builder either,  more a jigsaw man, pieceing together things that more talented people have made. Lots do that here. I am more an ideas man.

One of my favourite rooms is The Soap Factory which we - BrandiWine & I -  open now and then  but in the past we opened it up regular. Time zone prevented regular openings continuing when RL became more hectic.

This was one such room, I had created. The idea was mine but it was made with many things made from members creations and who had generously given them into the public domain. 

Even now I may add things when their is a theme, such as Halloween, Bonfire Night even weddings. However, where known, we try to thank and acknowledge the original creator.

In our Soap Factory Topic though,  I tried where we could to acknowledge their contribution and we even sent PM thanks to everyone as well. 

The point being made, when you make a room public, or even share it with others,  is not to pass off, either on purpose or by omission work that is not yours and if you choose to create something out of others work, give them credit where known. Most "stuff" on the free sites is uploaded by a named member who will name the creator if not theirs usually.

This is the post i made for The Soap Factory when it was quite a successful room and thankfuly still is when we open.  I think the soapshine and bubbles  play a major part  LOL.

Well said V.

Although all of the pieces were created by others, and we often gave credit where credit due and deserved, we still refer to it  as 'our room'.  It is unique. No one else has it.  It was our vision. 

I saw the first post before Mondayy deleted it.  She did not claim to have designed or created all the pieces. She only tried to share 'her room' that had been open and enjoyed by herself and others for some time.  When questioned and confronted she openly stated this to be the case and said that she had often thanked creators and apologized for not doing so again in the post. 

If it is offensive to call my room, "My Room" or "Our Room"  perhaps it is time as a community we find a term that is acceptable.  Suggestions?

5 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

Well said V.

Although all of the pieces were created by others, and we often gave credit where credit due and deserved, we still refer to it  as 'our room'.  It is unique. No one else has it.  It was our vision. 

I saw the first post before Mondayy deleted it.  She did not claim to have designed or created all the pieces. She only tried to share 'her room' that had been open and enjoyed by herself and others for some time.  When questioned and confronted she openly stated this to be the case and said that she had often thanked creators and apologized for not doing so again in the post. 

If it is offensive to call my room, "My Room" or "Our Room"  perhaps it is time as a community we find a term that is acceptable.  Suggestions?

3 hours ago, JenC said:

I would argue that if you take offence at stuff like that, you shouldnt really share in the first place.

Really well said both of you... couldn't agree more.
However as I stated over and over here and in the other thread, this is not the issue to begin with.
I really hate to quote my self but here...

23 hours ago, Anaganda said:

21 hours ago, Anaganda said:

and again when I share room I understand that parts of it will be taken and reused, it happened a lot in many rooms and never have I ever said a thing about that... cause when I share room I kinda forfeit ownership of it... I explained my issue above which is not getting through apparently... 

But people for some are missing the point and blowing things up!

@SusanLouisa you have read the original thread... have you read my reply to it? I hope you did cause contrary to what's been claimed here -my- reaction was not very angry.
I simply stated that I am fine and okay with objects being reused, but reusing the logo is -uncool-... and uncool is the exact word I used.

I have seen my rooms used as they are and or re-purposed in numerous ways... 
I went into these rooms and silently enjoyed my time and was happy that people used things I made...  didn't even announce my presence to the room owners so as to avoid awkwardness, and I dare anyone to say otherwise, after all I shared those rooms so they get used else what's the point?

but again my issue was with this

lp0u3B7.png

Turning into these

iyEqxV4.pnggsv9Xgv.png

I think I have the right to feel stung when my logo that's supposedly not part of any room design get edited and reused.

I really don't know how better I can get my point... but who am I to deny anyone the pleasure of standing on a high horse and pointing fingers.

Thanks 😘

Edited by Anaganda

18 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

Really well said both of you... couldn't agree more.
However as I stated over and over here and in the other thread, this is not the issue to begin with.
I really hate to quote my self but here...

But people for some are missing the point and blowing things up!

@SusanLouisa you have read the original thread... have you read my reply to it? I hope you did cause contrary to what's been claimed here -my- reaction was not very angry.
I simply stated that I am fine and okay with objects being reused, but reusing the logo is -uncool-... and uncool is the exact word I used.

I have seen my rooms used as they are and or re-purposed in numerous ways... 
I went into these rooms and silently enjoyed my time and was happy that people used things I made...  didn't even announce my presence to the room owners so as to avoid awkwardness, and I dare anyone to say otherwise, after all I shared those rooms so they get used else what's the point?

but again my issue was with this

lp0u3B7.png

Turning into these

iyEqxV4.pnggsv9Xgv.png

I think I have the right to feel stung when my logo that's supposedly not part of any room design get edited and reused.

I really don't know how better I can get my point... but who am I to deny anyone the pleasure of standing on a high horse and pointing fingers.

Thanks 😘

Just share ur rooms without Logo and u wont have issues :) 

40 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

sanLouisa you have read the original thread... have you read my reply to it? I hope you did cause contrary to what's been claimed here -my- reaction was not very angry.

Yes, I read your response.  I did not respond as I do not understand the statement "reusing your logo".  Did she know the logo was there? Her response seems to indicate no, she did not. Did she copy your logo and move it elsewhere? She seems unaware that the logo was even there.  My first thought was that if she meant to misrepresent the room as her work she would have covered it or deleted it, not reused it.

I truly do not wish to take sides in this matter.  I never said you were angry.  I can say, that every piece of art carries a piece of the artist with it.  Even if the artist is well paid for the piece they may find themselves upset to find that the new owner has replaced the frame.  Even though it belongs to another the string that is attached to the piece will always be there and in a sense remain yours.  But should you give that piece of art to another artist and they change the color or the texture another string has been formed.  It becomes theirs as well, without retracting from your work.  I think both sides understandable with no one being the villain.  You create amazing rooms @Anaganda.  Be proud.  We stand in awe of your talent and it is extremely generous of you to share it with those, like me, that find it difficult to lower the radio to the floor.

V and I make sure to show our appreciation when we use something shared by another.  We are always very grateful and will continue to be.  I truly believe that @Mondayy feels the same.

27 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

Yes, I read your response.  I did not respond as I do not understand the statement "reusing your logo".  Did she know the logo was there? Her response seems to indicate no, she did not. Did she copy your logo and move it elsewhere? She seems unaware that the logo was even there.  My first thought was that if she meant to misrepresent the room as her work she would have covered it or deleted it, not reused it.

I truly do not wish to take sides in this matter.  I never said you were angry.  I can say, that every piece of art carries a piece of the artist with it.  Even if the artist is well paid for the piece they may find themselves upset to find that the new owner has replaced the frame.  Even though it belongs to another the string that is attached to the piece will always be there and in a sense remain yours.  But should you give that piece of art to another artist and they change the color or the texture another string has been formed.  It becomes theirs as well, without retracting from your work.  I think both sides understandable with no one being the villain.  You create amazing rooms @Anaganda.  Be proud.  We stand in awe of your talent and it is extremely generous of you to share it with those, like me, that find it difficult to lower the radio to the floor.

V and I make sure to show our appreciation when we use something shared by another.  We are always very grateful and will continue to be.  I truly believe that @Mondayy feels the same.

let me correct something... the room the work of @Mondayy, it's not one of my rooms re-purposed... it's her work and I am not contesting that... it had some elements from other rooms... that's all.
The logo was taken from another room of mine and put there... this is the part that got under my skin... in hindsight, I am sure in her mind she didn't know that it was a -signature- of some sort... hence why my statement in that topic was not angry...  I got angry when it was said I was angry :D

and yeah I am proud of my work and it always makes me more proud when people use it... and I never asked for show of appreciation, for me people using them was appreciation enough... you can even see that in the thread I share stuff in.
in anyways... let's close this iffy topic... hugs and kisses... 

I am fully aware that I could replace every item from other authors with my own items and share the room in peace, even though I have no will, no desire to work on a room that I don't use anymore. Even though I'm deleting the asian looking lanterns in the room which I use now, and replacing them with my own maded, because I realized that they are from Anaganda. But regardless that this have couse me now a lot of work and time, I want to prevent any further possible problems, and i'm not overreacting I consider this as making sure I will have my peace. And no I did not wanted to steal your logo or whatever I didn't even know before who or what Anaganda means, is...but now I know....

One last time, I didn't pay attention to the author when I download the room file, same as you can't remember the author name from the object or room you downloaded last month,... same as you did not pay any attention to the author of your free computer wallpaper that you download it and use now or maybe did in the past. Mea Culpa, mea culpa, I apologize for all the inconvenience once again. I do not know what else or more do you want from me?! I won't apologize to you every day. This is my last attention which I give to this logo...I have much better things to do and to think about...end of the line for me, I won't even bother to respond to internet trolls.. as Ross, and in game gives even better options how to deal with them, enough.

I tried to let this end many times in here, but you just keep coming with stuff that evokes a response.

I never needed your apology or you to delete stuff I made either... nor the room file you put up for download for that matter. you just took things out of context and blew the whole thing up, dear.

10 hours ago, Mondayy said:

I am fully aware that I could replace every item from other authors with my own items and share the room in peace, even though I have no will, no desire to work on a room that I don't use anymore. Even though I'm deleting the asian looking lanterns in the room which I use now, and replacing them with my own maded, because I realized that they are from Anaganda. But regardless that this have couse me now a lot of work and time, I want to prevent any further possible problems, and i'm not overreacting I consider this as making sure I will have my peace. And no I did not wanted to steal your logo or whatever I didn't even know before who or what Anaganda means, is...but now I know....

again I never required you to delete anything, but if you are gonna pull at the thread... then let me tell you that it's not only the lantern... it's almost indeed every item in your room... the bar, the bar tap, bar stools, bottles behind the bar... the chairs and tables that are scattered around... oooh and let's not forget the main issue behind this whole argument... the female figure aswell.

But regardless that this have couse me now a lot of work and time

I am not sure what's the point of saying this... but really, people didn't happen to snap their fingers and all that stuff they shared gets made either... 

2 hours ago, Mondayy said:

One last time, I didn't pay attention to the author when I download the room file, same as you can't remember the author name from the object or room you downloaded last month,... same as you did not pay any attention to the author of your free computer wallpaper that you download

Thank you for that... kinda puts in perspective the kind of appreciation you have for people who make and share their own stuff, especially since you are crying about the amount of time you lost on making just one item ... 

I didn't even know before who or what Anaganda means

as for knowing my name... well still kinda awkward to say that. especially when  you did download at least two rooms, since all that stuff you used didn't come from just one room... and even though you claim to have forgotten the name now, you surely must have had it in mind when you had just downloaded the stuff and were using it, knowing full well what Anaganda means and what the logo represents... unless your ignorance is just on a whole new level of glorious.

Edited by Anaganda

No I did not pay attention to such stuff, already the notion or idea that people make already own logotypes for a video game is for me something..huh, I will say it polite..we all have different ways of playing this game and no I don't use, I never ever used, I never wanted, I was never interested, I will never be interested to use or let alone to steal someone else logotype for a video game, it's literally an absurd claim to me and If I have take your LOGOTYPE I'm sorry....and now stop finally with your endless encyclopedias I won't respond anymore.

Edited by Mondayy

😂
No one said you wanted to create your own logo at all, you just like to go around the point and make one of your own.
And ofc you wouldn't understand the idea behind someone wanting to put their signature on their own creation... Ignorance is a good quality to have.

In any case, bye bye now, and have a good day... I am out of here too.