3DXChat Community

Consumer`s critics to discord changes.

8 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

Β Time will tell of course, but all of the complaining just may have backfired and we may end up waiting a very long time for the chance to give our opinion again on new content.

That's true but what else the community was supposed to do? Just eat it and be silent?Β 

11 hours ago, Solstice said:

why even bother joining a discord server if we can not post and use voice channels ?Β 

might as well just delete it and stick with the forums,such a waste of time.

I find discord much better than forum.

Notifications when there is smthg new. No spam, easy poll for voting. Clear and clean. In term of time wasted, surely they wasted 10 min to create this server 🀣

Discord is a platform for gamers. Discord can`t get all of 3dxchat users because not everyone use it. A way better to use member area or in-game poll to get all votes and exclude any falsifications by fake accounts which can be created for a minute by gmail. I tried it. One minute, one vote. One hour, 60 votes.

Edited by β˜™π”Όπ•©β§
add

15 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

I've left as well.Β  I think they best take their own advice.Β  Mar, I am sure they have already seen this topic or there would be no reason to remove the Discord channel.Β  We may have been heard but I amΒ  doubtful that we will be given any further consideration.Β  Time will tell of course, but all of the complaining just may have backfired and we may end up waiting a very long time for the chance to give our opinion again on new content.

I directed it to Gizmo and Lisa on Discord once I did they went through and made the change.Β  The Discord server is there, it's just without comments right now, who's to say in the future they don't put that option back.Β  After seeing what was written for rules by someone they put in place as an Admin, I can fully understand why they removed it all.Β  I messaged them making them well aware how unprofessional it was, how it made 3DX Chat look, how it was stated that 3DX Chat was keeping them secure when they don't have that kind of control only DiscordΒ  can control that as everyone is a user who can open a server and that that is the only thing they can control so that was incorrect information and that users were complaining about the rules.

7 hours ago, Mondayy said:

WhyΒ people even join such ''social network'' or whatever this is, if they can't talk about anything. There gives no such thing as customer/consumers..there gives only humans and giving them such tags is one of the problems withΒ social inclusion and behaving towards others as they would beΒ statistical numbers #65829438, or robotsΒ instead of human beings.Β And if they block topics as politics and religion, with suppression of stuff nothing is solved..the exact opposite is true. Whoever have created those ''rules'' has no basic notions of social affairs...

There a good bit of options that Discord offers function wise and it's best to put people in place who know the full functions and how to utilize those functions to help the server they started on there work.

6 hours ago, Torax said:

I find discord much better than forum.

Notifications when there is smthg new. No spam, easy poll for voting. Clear and clean. In term of time wasted, surely they wasted 10 min to create this server 🀣

It was good as it was.Β  They were getting new ideas by the polls put out and the giveaways were a nice bit to help users earn a few extra days.Β  There are other games that use Discord just to get specific information on what users want and do it with polls.Β 

5 hours ago, β˜™π”Όπ•©β§ said:

Discord is a platform for gamers. Discord can`t get all of 3dxchat users because not everyone use it. A way better to use member area or in-game poll to get all votes and exclude any falsifications by fake accounts which can be created for a minute by gmail. I tried it. One minute, one vote. One hour, 60 votes.

That's true, but people are playing a game and they did put that in the updates section on the game log-in screen for users to be aware it's there for them to join.Β  There is a way to do it so that bots created don't screw over the polls.Β  They can make it so that the game name must be put in the nickname and then they verify the name in game exists.Β  They know all the accounts they have so it's not hard for them to verify it.

31 minutes ago, JimStevens said:

Discord is down?Β Β Β  Well, that was fast...………

1858253924_LhTZqUV1.thumb.png.0d55cc9d8cf4d4e8ebcd6f186a8ab5c0.png

The community has spoken...……    Now its time for...……..Β  Icccccce cream.

1708907997_tumblr_o6kdfvMJ4G1tiehmoo1_5001.gif.cd4ec444593dfd0d293b45eca74175d5.gif

Discord server for 3DX Chat is still up, you just can't write on the channels they created.

20 minutes ago, Mar Mohan said:

They can make it so that the game name must be put in the nickname

Well I would not like it. I am using one discord account, I use it not only for 3dxchat and I have zero desire to make it named as my 3dxchat's avi. Only if it will be just a server's name, not a global one. Tho currently they don't even let us change our names on server, sadly.Β 

26 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Well I would not like it. I am using one discord account, I use it not only for 3dxchat and I have zero desire to make it named as my 3dxchat's avi. Only if it will be just a server's name, not a global one. Tho currently they don't even let us change our names on server, sadly.Β 

You have your name on Discord but if you right click on the 3 dots next to the sever name you can change your nickname there not your actual Discord name.Β  It's not a global change just the server name.Β  So if anyone does the @ and your nickname you will see it.Β  I do that on other Discord Servers for the other games I play.Β  I noticed that we can't although they should allow it as not everyone uses their name in game when they registered for Discord.Β  I'll message them on there and see if they can put that change back.

I'm only here toΒ express my opinion, on where the polls are located.Β  Not to disregard discord.

I don't care either way about discord.Β  I think its a great idea, for those who want to use it.Β  For those who don't...….Β well...… just don't use it.

I want to take part in the polling, but IΒ don't want to have to go on the discord/3dx-Official server to vote.Β  Many agree, that the ideal place to vote would be in the members area of the official 3DX website, http://3dxchat.com/Β , but that might be a complicated program to write.

However, I had a new idea...…   Have the polls here on the forum, but...…but...….but....but……... in order to keep the vote clean, limit the voting to people with a high reputation.Β  If the restriction is set at ( lets say ) 100+, than anyone with less,Β wouldn't be able to vote.Β  If the max was ( lets say ) 1000+ then it wouldΒ only allowΒ a very specific group of peopleΒ to vote.Β  I have no problem with that.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to add this feature to this Forum, but it might solve the problem of multiple ( NEW ) accounts voting.Β Β  There isΒ a similar feature when you first start an account,Β  I don't remember,Β Β your first post is monitored before its submitted.Β Β Β Perhaps, the programming could be derived from that code.

Just my opinion......

Β 

Edited by JimStevens

11 minutes ago, JimStevens said:

Β 

Β 

Many agree, that the ideal place to vote would be in the members area of the official 3DX website, http://3dxchat.com/Β , but that might be a complicated program to write.

However, I had a new idea...…   Have the polls here on the forum, but...…but...….but....but……... in order to keep the vote clean, limit the voting to people with a high reputation.Β  If the re

The best place, according to me, isΒ  after loging, and before character selection, could be something for polls. It would be linked to each account and not character. If someone pays x accounts, then x votes.

22 minutes ago, JimStevens said:

However, I had a new idea...…   Have the polls here on the forum, but...…but...….but....but……... in order to keep the vote clean, limit the voting to people with a high reputation.Β  If the restriction is set at ( lets say ) 100+

Nah, it's not right way to do a things. People deserve to give their vote solely because they pay for this game, it's wrong ifΒ people are forced to wrote a dozens of messages on forum just to be able to vote. I am sure adding polls in member's area of the main site or even in game is not a rocket science and devs can handle it.

3 hours ago, Mar Mohan said:

That's true, but people are playing a game and they did put that in the updates section on the game log-in screen for users to be aware it's there for them to join.Β  There is a way to do it so that bots created don't screw over the polls.Β  They can make it so that the game name must be put in the nickname and then they verify the name in game exists.Β  They know all the accounts they have so it's not hard for them to verify it.

I have a doubt that they will check every account. I have a doubt that fakes will not get someones second or 3rd character or just a main name of user who doesn`t care about polls(there is a lot of them today). This poll in discord just an utopia today which will born more and more unhappy customers. Most games with big experience will never do it because they had such mistakes in the past(some of themΒ have discord just for communication between community and for any news for them). They haveΒ their own member area for doing polls today. Optimization. What sense to go to another site, to do an unnecessary step to make polls somewhere where it can be falsificated, to make us join to another siteΒ if they can skip it and create the same pollΒ in the member area or in game with connection to the member area? GTA is doing it in their member area, Blade and Soul did that in the game. It works a way better and clear.

Edited by β˜™π”Όπ•©β§
add

On 10/19/2019 at 3:10 PM, β˜™π”Όπ•©β§ said:

I have a doubt that they will check every account. I have a doubt that fakes will not get someones second or 3rd character or just a main name of user who doesn`t care about polls(there is a lot of them today). This poll in discord just an utopia today which will born more and more unhappy customers. Most games with big experience will never do it because they had such mistakes in the past(some of themΒ have discord just for communication between community and for any news for them). They haveΒ their own member area for doing polls today. Optimization. What sense to go to another site, to do an unnecessary step to make polls somewhere where it can be falsificated, to make us join to another siteΒ if they can skip it and create the same pollΒ in the member area or in game with connection to the member area? GTA is doing it in their member area, Blade and Soul did that in the game. It works a way better and clear.

I was simply stating it's not hard for them to verify it. Discord is simple and not that hard to handle.Β  What the Devs choose to do is up to them.Β  I do think they should put the polls in place once you log in so that way they get active members even if they have several accounts to do the poll.Β  Not everyone will as it's been done on here and even on Discord.

Edited by Mar Mohan
typo

I can sympathize with everyone about putting the polls in the login game client; because,Β I agree.Β Β ItΒ would be the most user friendly place to put them;Β  however,Β  the question remains,Β Β what doesΒ Gizmo and the dev team think about that?

I think its a difficult program to write, but I don't actually know.Β  What I do know, is that there is a similar program already running after login, but before entering the game, sort of.

On August 6, 2014,Β Β the daily rewardsΒ update was added, which isΒ technicallyΒ inΒ the game and has a link to the members area, outside the game.Β  When youΒ collect your reward,Β  the XGold is added toΒ your subscription account.Β  I know it immediately shows up inΒ the game, but I haven't check how long it takes to show up in members area.Β  For the sake of argument,Β  its irrelevant; because, at some pointΒ the XGoldΒ goes into yourΒ subscription account.

1459435974_poster1591.jpg.0673c3e3031b49defc1f167cab9b1c08.jpg

This update was almost 2 years afterΒ 3DXChat Launch onΒ December 6, 2012.Β  My best guess is that this program had to be hardcoded into the game client andΒ an additional program was created toΒ link itΒ to theΒ members area.Β  If thisΒ program was a part ofΒ the foundation of the games codeΒ itself, than changing this code could cause more bugs, or worse, it could even cause the entire server to crash,Β  that is to say,Β if it isn't done "perfectly".Β  I say,Β if that's a possibility than whyΒ take that chance; Β because, the reward of polling isn't worth the risk of interrupting the game.

Here we are, 5 years and 2 months after that update and the possibility of polling is being offered, but rather thanΒ Gizmo and the dev team addingΒ polls to the gameΒ client, theyΒ decide to add polls toΒ a 3rd party discord server.Β  Just becauseΒ I disagree with this decision of using discord, doesn't mean I disregard why this decision was made.Β  Most likely, it was a question of time.

For all we know,Β  the bulk of information,Β to find out what we want and what to add to the game, has always beenΒ collected from the 3DX Community Forum.Β This requires a dev toΒ dig through andΒ read almost every one ofΒ our post, but since its a time consuming effort, thereΒ may have beenΒ long termΒ plans (from the beginning) to add a polling system.Β  The idea is simple, a pollΒ might quickly and efficiently gather data to help decision-making on future updates.Β Β Β At this point, polls seem to beΒ causingΒ more problems than theyΒ seek toΒ solve,Β soΒ I don't think its a good time toΒ have polls...….. NotΒ yet, but maybe some day.

Edited by JimStevens

• 1 year later...

Why the fuck can I not post to discord? Why is 'lovense' a fuckin' joke. I buy a toy and now I can't even get the goddamn app to work. There is no place to post or ask questions. It is a fuckin' ripoff. YOU MF. Don't buy anything from Lovense. It is a ripoff and a waste of money. Why do you even have discord when the peps who pay you your fuckin' living cant even post on the goddamn thing. MF answer me! Stand up and be a man Gizmo! You fuckin' cunt. Kick me off your goddamn site. Suck my dick. Do something. But DO NOT advertise bs like Lovense and Discord, when I can't post to it. YOU fuckin' piece of shit. FUCK YOU. And yes I am mad as hell. Goddamn YOU. Fucking open the forum up or call it what it is ... a fuckin' JOKE. YOU MF.

By the time I am done with you on social media, only a lonely ole faggot will even consider to join your site. 3dxChat ... I don't think so. You wait and see. So help me god YOU are my next special project. YOUR GONE BITCH!!! yeah i know.... go ahead ... laugh ... it all a joke ... right ... boy ... we'll see who the joke ... YOU ARE DONE! So help me GOD, YOU ARE DONE!