3DXChat Community

It seems to me theres confusion who is deleting topics and why.

I believe Gizmo shuts them for 24 hrs and at least warns us and gives a brief explanation.

I think OP's are deleting topics with no warnings, no explanations and no thought that people may have given a lot of thought and care to their replies and helped to make their topic successful.

This is personally why I do not think that OP's should have that power. The topics belong to forum and if they delete on a whim, I'm not sure I want to be bothered and take part in any of the  discusions any more. Why should I if its deleted without explanaton?

The topic that seems to have disappeared, without due notice was the one discussing whether  3dxchat should be shared with a RL partner and if VL is considered cheating. It was an interesting and informative discussion. It was good to read others point of views even if I didnt always agree with them. 

Anyone know why this topic was deleted and by whom?

Edited by Vaughan_Rarius
spelling mistakes

2 hours ago, Vaughan_Rarius said:

It seems to me theres confusion who is deleting topics and why.

I believe Gizmo shuts them for 24 hrs and at least warns us and gives a brief explanation.

I think OP's are deleting topics with no warnings, no explanations and no thought that people may have given a lot of thought and care to their replies and helped to make their topic successful.

This is personally why I do not think that OP's should have that power. The topics belong to forum and if they delete on a whim, I'm not sure I want to be bothered and take part in any of the  discusions any more. Why should I if its deleted without explanaton?

The topic that seems to have disappeared, without due notice was the one discussing whether  3dxchat should be shared with a RL partner and if VL is considered cheating. It was an interesting and informative discussion. It was good to read others point of views even if I didnt always agree with them. 

Anyone know why this topic was deleted and by whom?

1. I think gizmo deleted it.

2. Make your own topic and controll it by yourself. You do it good.

ps: which topics was deleted?

Edited by ☙𝔼𝕩❧

1 hour ago, Ross said:

Well if it was gizmo this thread  will be deleted as well . they are a stickler for the one rule about discussing admin actions 

This topic is not about questioning Gizmo's choices or complaining about them.  I think V is just looking for clarification if it was Gizmo or the poster and making the point that posts are owned by the forum once you post a topic and if to be deleted should be by Gizmo or a mod.

Gizmo warns us usually and locks it so at least we know. 

Whats wrong with discussing if we should share our 3dxchat play with RL partner?  I cant remember the name of the topic or the OP  but it was a good discussion with lots of viewpoints. One of the best topics we have had in ages.

TY for the compliment Ex :)

OH no,  Briana.... waves.  Look forward to your return posts when you are unbanned.

Topics that disappeared with no explanation.

1. The topic discussing VL & RL relationships... should you tell your partner?

2. Hangman. I presume that was Gizmo as Brianna stared it tongue-in-cheek and Im sure would not delete it herself.

I'm sure theres others but Im not as good as navigating round in this new forum but they are being deleted.

Edited by Vaughan_Rarius

7 minutes ago, Ross said:

If it was the topic starter its within his or her rights to delete it without an explanation.  

The thread got a bit nasty, perhaps the OP saw that and didnt want it morphing into a pissing match. Easy way to find out is simply ask the person if they deleted it or not 

Indeed it did with passionate opinions.  She asked for opinions and she sure did get them.  Wish we could remember her name in order to ask.

Edited by SusanLouisa

Yeah, you are right, people have been given that power now.  If i knew who it was I would have PM'd her but I cant, hense this topic.

If you start a topic.. then you have to accept its public so people will state their views. If you cant stand the heat, dont post topics.

The Trolls will no doubt try to spoil it, so leave their shit up and report them so they can be banned. Let everyone see their shitty behaviour and can chose not to post in any of their topics or interact with them.

Why should people who arnt "pissy" have to have there posts deleted and their discusion spoilt. Why let the trolls win?

Just because you have the power to delete your topics, doesnt mean you should especially when doing so plays into the hands of these people and penalises genuine members taking part in a good discussion. 

I think you are right. I seem to remember they were new to forum.

Compliments to her or him for posting such a successful topic. Its such a shame it was deleted or taken down.

I hope she or he reads this and puts some light on its disapearance and hopefully is not put off by the  "pissy" people

tenor.gif?itemid=9080506

Edited by Vaughan_Rarius

I don't know.....

I think, in some ways  "WE" highjacked the conversation; which, seemed more like a simple personal question.

I agree, that it must have been uncomfortable to even ask about "VL & RL relationships... should you tell your partner."    It was definitely a controversial topic ( or at least it became one ) and we were extremely open about our opinions.

It may have been a personal question that became public condemnation and that's why it was taken down.

Never a great idea to tell your partner you are or were doing something that is harmful and dishonest to your relationship. If you really think playing this game and cheating on your significant other is a bad thing, then be like any other responsible and mature adult and stop doing it. That should help solve that one.

I agree, to disagree, about our current disagreements.

The idea of self moderation is nothing more or less, than ideal.

For Example:  How often do you use the Ignore button?   Regardless of the fact it only involves two people,  is it not a form of moderation?   Have you ever had your profile stolen?  Other than reporting the player to a moderator, what tools do we have to defend against something like that?

Take a moment to compare this forum to the world within 3DX.  The Topics we create are like rooms built by host.  Once you open the room to the public, then is becomes public domain.  Among the things that can happen it that room, lets skip to the worst case scenario, it can be stolen by room thief's.

However, at any point in time ( and for any reason ) the host can close the room, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.  In that essence the room belongs to the host, or at least has power over it; because, if were being honest, everything in 3DX belongs to Gizmo.

Never forget, while were busy watching each other, there is someone watching us.   The real question is...………….

543051601_WhowatchesthewatchmenSmall.jpg.06c32d4e1ff24621e66bbc79087ce280.jpg

I think the OP should have the ability to moderate their own topic; however,  the power to remove the topic entirely should be the last option.  A better option would be to pass the topic to another member or a way to remove yourself from the original post altogether.

More importantly, for those of us who were involved in the original conversation, there should have been some kind of warning!

Edited by JimStevens

1 hour ago, JimStevens said:

Take a moment to compare this forum to the world within 3DX.  The Topics we create are like rooms built by host.  Once you open the room to the public, then is becomes public domain.  Among the things that can happen it that room, lets skip to the worst case scenario, it can be stolen by room thief's.

However, at any point in time ( and for any reason ) the host can close the room, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.  In that essence the room belongs to the host, or at least has power over it; because, if were being honest, everything in 3DX belongs to Gizmo.

There is a big difference between topics and rooms. Guests of the room do not take a part in building your room, while in most topics majority of topic's content generated by other forum users, not the topic-starter. 

One does not delete any pictures in his profile and add again, is probably a bug, would have to be changed or be repaired. That I think is very important for some time no longer. Not only me and others have the problem

Perhaps, comparing 3DX rooms to this forum and the topics within was a bad choice of words.  I could elaborate and describe my thinking in more detail but that would take us off Topic, and this whole conversation might need to be Deleted....:lol:

In order for me to comprehend the concept of user controlled moderation, I need to take the conversation to the most extreme case scenario.

Should Users have control over Other Peoples Topics?  And not only the ability to delete someone else's posts but delete the entire Topic.

My answer to that is a resounding "NO" followed by "not ever".  In that way I hope most of us agree!

I wont lie, I was having a good time with the original conversation, until the entire thing was deleted.  I would say I was offended,  for a brief second, until I found another interesting topic.

On the other hand,  if I started my own topic and ( for no apparent reason ) it was completely deleted, I would be offended and stay offended.

3 hours ago, Ross said:

3 left, one was removed. They need to get a pro mod but to do that they would have to pay. cant really get someone who plays the game and not expect them to be a little biased one way or another

The fourth was removed because they quickly realized RobT only has two hands and one mouth, and the tightness in his ass was only a thing of distant memory making it useless.