3DXChat Community

Music bug fixed?

danididit

4 minutes ago, moondance said:

I thought the continuing to play the music from my room's radio was a new feature.  I hate the music they play in changing room and the world editor 

omg Em you make me laugh....hugs  And yes I too cant stand the music played while changing....I always mute speakers or i'd have a migraine.

8 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Players use different streaming services of their choice. If you don’t hear the music in user room, it’s probably due to problems with the streaming service in your country, or problems connecting to this streaming service from your location.

Not a problem with our location. It is random and can be observed when the server is busy

the bug of music off not because of streaming services @Gizmo for my exemple, when i log to 3dx i can go to room and hear music and suddenly music stop and then no matter the i can go will hear nothing. i even trying go in y own room trying the stream feature see if use it will unblock and nothing.  what is strange is that lot of ppl have music bug but not all the same bug and all these bug are appeared since the new update. hear no music is worse than having streaming following us on other room.

1 hour ago, lMAXl said:

the bug of music off not because of streaming services @Gizmo for my exemple, when i log to 3dx i can go to room and hear music and suddenly music stop and then no matter the i can go will hear nothing. i even trying go in y own room trying the stream feature see if use it will unblock and nothing.  what is strange is that lot of ppl have music bug but not all the same bug and all these bug are appeared since the new update. hear no music is worse than having streaming following us on other room.

I'd rather have no music than hearing more than one stream at the same time lol

About new patch that released on 16 SEP 2019, sound quality was very bad.

I have my server stream running at 320 kbps/44.1 KHz but playing through this game it was like under 128 kbps.

🤣 🤣 🤣

Public Music became sh**ty quality like under 64 kbps audio streaming. Before this update it was extremely good.

Please read my update INFO. Sorry for trouble all.

sammy.gif.f85f81d6ad4e3f2219f97706659c9e81.gif

Edited by Sammy
Correct Facts

5 hours ago, Sammy said:

I have my server stream running at 320 kbps/44.1 KHz but playing through this game it was like under 128 kbps.

Music Quality over 128kbps isn't noticeable for default PC or Laptop speakers 😊

For 95% of the most players is there no sense to stream music with more then 128kbps on the contrary you will get more negative as positive aspects...

6 hours ago, Chilles said:

For 95% of the most players is there no sense to stream music with more then 128kbps on the contrary you will get more negative as positive aspects...

Correct Version

I love punchy sound... 😄 😄 😄

CentovaCast should be an issue, not this game that I've found today.

Entire of my set at server are very bad sound quality. I used 16bit/44.1 KHZ Apple lossless format (m4a) that work perfect since DAY 1.

I've tried with OPUS format conversion with CBR 256 Kbps (equal to CBR 320 Kbps). It works OK at this time but still lack of punchy sound.

(Most of EDM streaming on YouTube used OPUS Audio Format to gain more volume too cause it can handle with LUFS limitation).

Please listening to public music, they are faint and produced poor quality this time.

There was nothing wrong when playback both of my Radio Server & 3DXChat game. Same result.

It's not 3DXChat Faulty. Please forgive me cause I haven't check proper facts.

sorry.gif.e2f31e7890daafb212ebfdf8e20bff4e.gif

Edited by Sammy

Personal I will not talk about the real problem of the most used streams in 3DXChat because this would mean to talk about some mistakes and show how they can fix it and this is a border I will not step over again 😄

The most streamed 128kbps music is just a over scaled sound quality and does not mean the music quality comes with real 128kbps.

When you say some streams sounds like 64kbit this can happen because it's exactly this ^^

The used Transcoder works just and always like an ripping tool and limiter but he will never improve the sound quality because this is impossible 😊

Reasons for a bad sounding quality can also be the used Transcoder and the way how you bring the music in your server (streaming or the used sound File).

13 hours ago, Chilles said:

If you don't have better audio speakers than that - well then you shouldn't be listening to music or complaining about the quality.  :)  And what the heck are "default PC speakers?"

Here are mine:

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Z906-Surround-Sound-Speakers/dp/B004M18O60?tag=wpcentralb-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUdUnU39790YYwYg

On 9/19/2019 at 7:11 PM, Chilles said:

Totally agree with you .. and even with some cheap headsets/headphones the difference in bit rate isn't noticeable.

When it comes down to GOOD quality equipment you can definitely hear the difference .. and even more if you switch from the MP3 compression algorythm to AAC+ compression algorythm.

As a DJ, if your provider can offer you AAC+, i would suggest you switch to it as the same 128kbps bit rate will sound very different when listened in MP3 and AAC+. Allowing you to stream at an even lower bit rate for the same quality.

Edited by Stellania

I always wonder how many things can be broken with simple updates... Side and cross effects means the quality of the code is really bad. Still waiting for the pose editor, which is a reason for no ghost we now have stream collecting: Hearing every stream simultaneously that ever was received by our clients.

Little loved details go (Pole dance menu, red moon in LI, unicolor socks), more bugs, since over a year promised updates do not come (pose editor) but are a reason not to implement features (ghosts): That is 3DX update, a loss of quality with each update.

For the layering bug of music ( Hearing every stream simultaneously that ever was received by our clients) I think I found a workaround til fixed:
When starting the game I uncheck the radio checkbox in settings, before I go to another room. There I check the checkbox again an hear the music of this room.

Before I go to another room, I first uncheck the checkbox (switch music off), then go to the new room and there switch music on again.

I tested this procedure with 20+ rooms one after the other and always heard the correct music stream only.

I find this a lot more comfortable than relaunching the whole game for a new room.

3 hours ago, NiceKati said:

For the layering bug of music ( Hearing every stream simultaneously that ever was received by our clients) I think I found a workaround til fixed:
When starting the game I uncheck the radio checkbox in settings, before I go to another room. There I check the checkbox again an hear the music of this room.

Before I go to another room, I first uncheck the checkbox (switch music off), then go to the new room and there switch music on again.

I tested this procedure with 20+ rooms one after the other and always heard the correct music stream only.

I find this a lot more comfortable than relaunching the whole game for a new room.

Nice to see you around again Kati!

Thanks for your input on this. I usually have it OFF as well when starting the game since this bug appeared. Never thought of unticking the box before leaving the room!

Will try it and let you know if it works here as well.

Thanks!

Edited by Stellania

6 minutes ago, KylieDeville said:

Same issue here, no music in Editor unless it's the music from last room visited, for me. Music in actual rooms tends to fall off more than before as well.

As a personal preference, I don't really mind the new "No Music In Editor" feature as we don't really have a choice of what to listen to anyways and I end up muting it.

@NiceKati did figure out a workaround for the rest though. Try it out. Works good!

The drops still occur and I would tend to agree with you, they seem to happen more often than before.

Edited by Stellania

I found that if I turn radio on in my own room when i log on and dont change it, the bug wont affect me. And the music from last room visited will be played in the editors.. which in my opinion is a big plus :)

But if i switch channel in my own room, the bug starts.