3DXChat Community

Forum Topic feature

User Moderation of Own Threads  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Isn`t it good?

• Yes, It would be nice!
    • I don`t want to have a right to moderate my own thread.

1 hour ago, Xizl said:

It is important if these people have moderation rights.Β 

Why? If someone lead a topic with some rules, it isn`t important how much person is triggered If another one doesn`t follow the rules. If someone breaks rules on this forum, it is not important how much triggered our devs.Β DevsΒ will/should act somehow against violation.Β 

Edited by ExHaran

3 hours ago, Torax said:

Yes it looks easy as you say but I find it sad to lose a whole topic, with most likely good contributions in it just for trolls.

Yes, it is sad. But they make it so.Β  I have started it over.

Edited by SusanLouisa

2 hours ago, Xizl said:

@SusanLouisaΒ can't deal with a simple fact that forum is a public place and anything you postΒ in public space can be put under the criticism and be argued,Β no matter if you want it or not, no matter if you were asking for it or not.Β It have nothing to do with a trolling.

Btw, If some people here so easily triggered – it's just another reason why I am sure that giving people here moderation rights is not a good idea at all. And yes, I am talking not only about ability to delete posts in topics people create but about ability to delete topics itself.Β 

You think I am not aware it is a public forum?Β  Just because I do not like trolls? Or their continuous negativity that they bring to each topic?

Report the trolls so they either get banned or change their behaviour if they are deliberately disrupting topics or name calling or insulting people.

Everyone, however has a right to express their opinion. as long as it is in a measured way and not attacking individuals.

I do not think OP's should have the power to delete people's opions or posts. That is for the Forum Moderators.

No one can delete someone's opinion, it's in our heads. But bad behavior on the forum can turn the forum into garbage, while forum moderators are going to the forum.Β 

I am not sure we have any forum moderator. I noticed only gizmo and very sometimes Lisa in here.

ps: maybe we ain`t need the boot/ban feature for our rooms? just use the "report". trolls have a right on their opinion in our rooms. huh? they are a part of community and part of our rooms, so...Let people suffer.

Edited by ExHaran

Those are 2 separate issues.

Forum is a discussion platformΒ for members, to build friendships, discuss the game, come up with new ideas, find out information etc...

Therefore,Β  the topics and subsequent posts contain interestingΒ ideas,Β  information and different opinions. Each one important in their own way. The exception is when individualsΒ deliberately disrupt the topic and display bad behaviour, insult and take it away from the topic subject. These people either need to learn to be part of the community or be banned from forum altogether. The ban can be temporary or permanent.

To delete the whole topic means deleting posts of "innocent" posters and that is not fair and plays right into te hands of the "trolls"

No one wants bad behaviour in forum, nor to publicly humiliate , insult, or disrespect each other.

Rooms in the game are time limited for opening and only public to people in that room. IfΒ a person is being nasty or breaking the rules of that particular room, that person should be booted from that room by the host/owner. The culpritΒ can still play the game though and go to other rooms. TheirΒ play isΒ onlyΒ restricted from theΒ room they offended.Β 

I dont want my posts deleted from topics because of the bad behaviour of others and it will make me think twice on posting in topics started by certain people if it becomes the norm to start and then delete topics.Β 

Therefore @GizmoΒ or @LisaΒ or whoever is responsible for forum really should check this topic and made a decision. Right now, when people can delete topics but can't moderate them – it works bad for everyone. So people should either have an ability to moderate their topics, or lose the ability to delete topics too. It can't stay in-between, it's a worse option! Either the right to delete+moderate, or no right for both moderation and deletion.Β Be consistent!Β 

4 hours ago, Vaughan_Rarius said:

Those are 2 separate issues.

Forum is a discussion platformΒ for members, to build friendships, discuss the game, come up with new ideas, find out information etc...

Therefore,Β  the topics and subsequent posts contain interestingΒ ideas,Β  information and different opinions. Each one important in their own way. The exception is when individualsΒ deliberately disrupt the topic and display bad behaviour, insult and take it away from the topic subject. These people either need to learn to be part of the community or be banned from forum altogether. The ban can be temporary or permanent.

To delete the whole topic means deleting posts of "innocent" posters and that is not fair and plays right into te hands of the "trolls"

No one wants bad behaviour in forum, nor to publicly humiliate , insult, or disrespect each other.

Rooms in the game are time limited for opening and only public to people in that room. IfΒ a person is being nasty or breaking the rules of that particular room, that person should be booted from that room by the host/owner. The culpritΒ can still play the game though and go to other rooms. TheirΒ play isΒ onlyΒ restricted from theΒ room they offended.Β 

I didn`t get where is the difference? Looks smooth and same. The game is the same platform for members, to build friendships,chitchatting, showing new ideas and so on. But more people do it in the game, no at this forum. Most of users hate forums. About "if a person being nasty and if the person booted"/Β People can go to any topics as well as they can go to any rooms except one where they was booted from. IfΒ a person is being nasty or breaking the rules of someone`sΒ topic, that person should be warned and their bad comments should be deletedΒ from that topic by the topicstarter.

Someday all this opinions, interesting ideas, information and so on,Β will be deleted with whole forum together just because nothing lasts forever. I live in this day and i feel i need to react somehow on something happen in my diary, ex`s art work, etc. I hope not only me.

Β 

20 hours ago, Torax said:

Yes it looks easy as you say but I find it sad to lose a whole topic, with most likely good contributions in it just for trolls.

Be careful if you don't agree with what susanlouisa say she will probably cancel another topic. Lol

If some can't handle a bit of opinions that's not theirs, they should not open new topics to cancel them when someone say something that is true.

1 hour ago, Leeloo said:

Be careful if you don't agree with what susanlouisa say she will probably cancel another topic. Lol

If some can't handle a bit of opinions that's not theirs, they should not open new topics to cancel them when someone say something that is true.

I don't recall your giving an opinion leeloo.Β  I am more than confident that you will rush to correct me, so please, go ahead and remind everyone of what your constructive opinion was on my original topic called 'Swim Speed'? Β 

Edited by SusanLouisa

1 hour ago, Leeloo said:

Did you find this topic is the best place for personal attacks? After your words, be sure, that Susan will answer.Β 

1 hour ago, Leeloo said:

Other people saw what occurred on my original suggestion topic leeloo.Β  I do regret deleting it though as it would be perfect to provide a pic of it here.Β  It is back up again, as you know, since you have already commented on it again.Β  At least this time you were not as aggressive.Β 

Edited by SusanLouisa

2 hours ago, Leeloo said:

Well so far, I got no issue with anyone contributing here, we just have different views. I wont try to convince anyone with my ideas, just giving my pov and all is fine :)

On 9/15/2019 at 3:51 PM, SusanLouisa said:

Other people saw what occurred on my original suggestion topic leeloo.Β  I do regret deleting it though as it would be perfect to provide a pic of it here.Β  It is back up again, as you know, since you have already commented on it again.Β  At least this time you were not as aggressive.Β 

i wasn't agressive at all, but that's not the right place to argue about it

Edited by Leeloo
did a typo

Part of me wants to fight for it simply so I could sit back and watch as Xizl's posts are one by one deleted, but I won't be that petty as some of her commentary is quite entertaining.Β  I am in support of it in terms of diaries.Β  They are not written for any type of commentary.Β  If I say I feel one way or the other in my diary I don't need anyone telling me I should not feel what I do in fact feel.Β  Diaries do not talk back.

I see that half of members want the feature and it leads me to give an offer to ourΒ devs.Β I am not a person of illusions. It may be such a bad or good idea in theory.

@GizmoΒ May we test the moderation feature we told about here? Is it possible? Maybe for special forums like "user diary" for example.

21 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Nah, you would not see many of these, because I simply would stop posting in threads where I am afraid that my posts will be deleted.Β 

So you can start here because you do offtopic and make it a garbage. Who did say:

On 9/13/2019 at 12:54 PM, Xizl said:

@ExHaran

I don't want to continue this discussion, I understand that at least half of my answer will be the same points I already made.

We will not find any compromise here and will not be able toΒ convince each other becasue we have different points of view on the key issues.

You think that we own the topics we create, because we created it. I think that we don't own them and we solely give the topic a start, while the topic itself belongs to the whole community because it's being developed by a whole community. Therefore our position about how things should be is opposite: you want people to have a moderation rights for topics they create, while I would like if even the right of deleting threads that currently exist would be taken away from people.Β 

On top of it, you believe thatΒ vast majority of people are goodΒ and will not abuse their power, I have less positive view on things and less faith in people.Β 

So, there is really no point in continuing this discussion between us anymore and moving in circles.

I hope thoΒ that Gizmo/Lisa willΒ check this topicΒ and if not move things to one or other side – then at least voice their opinion about the subject, because you and meΒ may disagree with how things should be, but I sure agree that it's very important topic.Β 

But you coninue it more and more. You startedΒ it.

That is why I actualy started the topic. Because someone can do bad things(because can`t control themselves) and another one can not do something agaisnt it. And after all you are sad and living the place you liked whole time you was here. Because no one care. Because of zero moderation. I trust people can handle everything. They are not that helpless.

27 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

So you can start here because you do offtopic and make it a garbage.

It's not offtopic.

27 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

make it a garbage

Only because you don't like it – it does not become a garbage.

28 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

Who did say:

I did say. And I changed my opinion. You keep pushing your agenda like some absolute truthΒ and I will oppose it as much as I can. At least till I have time and not too tired to do so.

Β