3DXChat Community

Forum Topic feature

☙𝔼𝕩❧

User Moderation of Own Threads  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Isn`t it good?

• Yes, It would be nice!
    • I don`t want to have a right to moderate my own thread.

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

Yes, but making it possible will in result create discomfort for other people. I already explained my position in the bottom part of this post https://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/9158-forum-topic-feature/&do=findComment&comment=353497

So to achieve your comfort you will most probably in the end create a discomfort to others. 

I don't argue that you have such a right, ofc you do. But I have my right to state my opinion too, and I also have a right to argue with you about controversial subjects like ones we discussing in this topic, I don't need neither your permission or request to do so. 

Make WHO uncomfortable exactly??  The person I am blocking?  And why should I care? How would it impact you exactly?  Too many people being able to block you??  Now THAT is not my concern.  Well thank you so much for your approval on my being able to state my opinion.  How very gracious of you.  I will be very interested to hear exactly why my total blocking of someone makes you or others uncomfortable.

Edited by SusanLouisa

5 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

Make WHO uncomfortable exactly??  The person I am blocking?  And why should I care? How would it impact you exactly?  I will be very interested to hear exactly why my total blocking of someone makes you or others uncomfortable.

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

Yes, but making it possible will in result create discomfort for other people. I already explained my position in the bottom part of this post https://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/9158-forum-topic-feature/&do=findComment&comment=353497

I'll help you navigate lol.

18 hours ago, Xizl said:

Because you can create a topic with really important subject. And person can create the very same topic because they just don't know that you already created it or because they actually know that you created it and they want to talk about this stuff too or just feel unfair that they can't. It can clutter forum and create additional drama. So long term it can lead to less comfort to the whole community and create quite unpleasant atmosphere on forum. And the comfort of whole community more important that your personal comfort. 

And btw

7 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

Too many people being able to block you??

if I remember well – you are the very first one who threaten to block me in like almost year I am on this forum. Not like I give a damn tho. Btw actually blocking people seems more effective than trying to treat them with it. It's... not very scary, you know? :lol:

P.S.: 

12 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

And why should I care?

I can say just the very same about your discomfort and frustration connected with not being able to fully block people by IP or delete their posts in your threads. 

I don't want it so why your well-being should be my concern? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Twiggy said:

It needs to be a 24 hour a day thing where if a report goes in it is acted on immediately, not days later.

I afraid it's going to be too pricey. Some skilled hired moderator, working part-time, spending several hours/week totally, but visiting forum daily and checking reports, would already enough to keep this place mostly fine. Yes, we will need to wait up to one day to get our reports checked, but it's not too bad. The real problem with shitposters and trolls were the fact that they could do whatever they want for days if not weeks long. To wait several hours is not a big deal. 

I found the ability to block someone by any reason fair. It can be any reason, we are different and someone want just avoid someones thoughts, words, opinions or anything else. If I don`t want to see tons of someone`s wierd words in wc I block the person. It`s comfortable. If I see someone writes too much advertising for their room, I want to have the ability to hide it from my eyes. Is there something wrong?

4 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

I found the ability to block someone by any reason fair. It can be any reason, we are different and someone want just avoid someones thoughts, words, opinions or anything else. If I don`t want to see tons of someone`s wierd words in wc I block the person. It`s comfortable. If I see someone writes too much advertising for their room, I want to have the ability to hide it from my eyes. Is there something wrong?

I dont think anyone discuss the right for each of us to ban whoever we want.

I think the issue is more like if someone post something that someone dont like, even if the truthm it can just be deleted like this.By posting on forum, we somehow agree to go public, therefore to have people agreeing with you and some not. And we have to accept it, not just delete it cos we dont like it. I dont know how works the actual ban on forum, if it blocks someone to post on your topic or not, but would be the solution.

Edited by Torax

"Because you can create a topic with really important subject. And person can create the very same topic because they just don't know that you already created it or because they actually know that you created it and they want to talk about this stuff too or just feel unfair that they can't. It can clutter forum and create additional drama. So long term it can lead to less comfort to the whole community and create quite unpleasant atmosphere on forum. And the comfort of whole community more important that your personal comfort.  "

You are correct. They can open their own topic to discuss it.  We have this situation now with just partial blocks so again, I don't see how this impacts you and makes you or anyone uncomfortable.  Make no mistake, my situation is much more than just being 'uncomfortable', but what you think of it is none of my concern.  The fact that the possibility of my totally blocking you does not make you uncomfortable completely voids your statement of making others uncomfortable, which was my point.  No one cares if I block anyone.

58 minutes ago, Torax said:

User Diaries, I think it is something personal and should be moderated by the topic owner, but sometimes in those diaries there is personal attack, and people should have the right to answer without being deleted. 

Personal attacks are prohibited. There is a report feature for that. There was a moment when I writes something about men and their behavior. One person thought I have been writing it exactly for him and started to attack my words. Yes, I want to control my own diary (or anything else I made) to avoid this. 

58 minutes ago, Torax said:

General discussion like we have now: only forum moderator can delete.

Fair.

Edited by ExHaran

13 minutes ago, Torax said:

I dont think anyone discuss the right for each of us to ban whoever we want.

I think the issue is more like if someone post something that someone dont like, even if the truthm it can just be deleted like this.By posting on forum, we somehow agree to go public, therefore to have people agreeing with you and some not. And we have to accept it, not just delete it cos we dont like it. I dont know how works the actual ban on forum, if it blocks someone to post on your topic or not, but would be the solution.

Is it an issue? If I made a specific topic with some rules, I don`t like if someone trying to break these rules. Anyone who want to participate in topic should be agreed with these rules or pass by. Everyone has to accept it first or what sense then. By posting on the forum we agree with forum rules. So we go public, but we are not able to write everything. Block on this forum is just an illusion today.

Edited by ExHaran

You touch the exact point. There are forum rules that we should all follow. But we all want something different. An option for a topic that dont allow answer for user diaries could be a possibilty. Truth is that actual rules of the forum are good enough, and we shouldnt need an option to delete post if moderation was done properly and on time.

1 minute ago, Torax said:

You touch the exact point. There are forum rules that we should all follow. But we all want something different. An option for a topic that dont allow answer for user diaries could be a possibilty. Truth is that actual rules of the forum are good enough, and we shouldnt need an option to delete post if moderation was done properly and on time.

We should need this option, because forum rules ain`t perfect. If everything is okay, why did I start this topic? 😏

6 minutes ago, Torax said:

Exactly. "Properly and on time" and self moderating our topics/diary and total block would not be needed.

3 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

You are correct. They can open their own topic to discuss it.  We have this situation now with just partial blocks so again, I don't see how this impacts you and makes you or anyone uncomfortable.  Make no mistake, my situation is much more than just being 'uncomfortable', but what you think of it is none of my concern.  The fact that the possibility of my totally blocking you does not make you uncomfortable completely voids your statement of making others uncomfortable, which was my point.  No one cares if I block anyone.

No, we have another kind of situation. 

Let's make an example: We both are like to work in world editor. You blocked me. You created a topic "What new props you would like to see in the word editor" in "Development & Suggestions"  or in "World Editor" subforum. And in this topic different people asking about what kind of stuff they would like to see. 

How would it work now? I would be able to post in your topic and asking for some stuff too even if I ignored. 

How would it work with full ignore? I would not even see your topic and if I would think that such a topic would be good - I would create the very same topic, maybe not same name but same subject. So in result we would have two separate competing topic with very same subject, taking x2 place on the first screen on the subforum, while there is no real need for it. And no one could really accuse me in spamming (at least fairly) – I did not even see your topic and even if I know about your topic – I can not use it so I am completely in my rights to create my own one even if such kind of actions will litter the forum with same threads. 

So yes – now I don't care much if you block me, it will only mean that we will not communicate anymore – I guess not a problem for both of us. But with the system of block that you propose – it will have quite a different consequences – some of them even potentionally for public. 

Xizl? When your issue, or to use your words 'discomfort'  becomes a real life life or death issue then we may have something we can discuss on an even level.  Till then? You know nothing of which you speak. And this is the last time I am going to respond to your petty little concerns about your said discomfort. I was not directing my concerns or comfort or safety to you in the first place.  No one comes here to debate their wants with you.  They come here to propose ideas to Gizmo.  Not you.  And I owe you no further commentary.  Gizmo gives the approval and should he want to be refreshed on the details of my concerns I will discuss them further with him.

26 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

When your issue, or to use your words 'discomfort'  becomes a real life life or death issue then we may have something we can discuss on an even level. 

So you trying to say that your real life or death issues have anything to do with forum moderation, huh? Or how it's even connected to our talk and to subject of the topic? Or it's expected that I will shut up and accept your point of view like something superior and not up to discussion because you had some rl problems related to the 3dxchat? 

28 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

You know nothing of which you speak.

I know what I speak lol. At least about subject of the thread – forum moderation and ignore. I have my position and can express it. Deal with it. 

31 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

No one comes here to debate their wants with you. 

Since when the whole forum community delegated you the right to speak for all of it? 

Just now, ExHaran said:

What is the meaning of your message?

@SusanLouisa can't deal with a simple fact that forum is a public place and anything you post in public space can be put under the criticism and be argued, no matter if you want it or not, no matter if you were asking for it or not. It have nothing to do with a trolling.

Btw, If some people here so easily triggered – it's just another reason why I am sure that giving people here moderation rights is not a good idea at all. And yes, I am talking not only about ability to delete posts in topics people create but about ability to delete topics itself. 

2 minutes ago, Xizl said:

@SusanLouisa can't deal with a simple fact that forum is a public place and anything you post in public space can be put under the criticism and be argued, no matter if you want it or not, no matter if you were asking for it or not. It have nothing to do with a trolling.

Btw, If some people here so easily triggered – it's just another reason why I am sure that giving people here moderation rights is not a good idea at all. And yes, I am talking not only about ability to delete posts in topics people create but about ability to delete topics itself. 

It`s not important who and how so easily triggered, but who can`t follow the thread. Question was about simple feature. I hope you ain`t going to write too much offtopic words and make it like a chat, right? That is what I talking about.Our forum is not a fully public place. Technically. Some world forums has the feature where one who created a topic can moderate it. They have a reason for that. Stop fighting here. You had your arguments, she had her arguments, I have mine. Don`t make it personal attacks.

12 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

It`s not important who and how so easily triggered

It is important if these people have moderation rights. 

14 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

Some world forums has the feature where one who created a topic can moderate it. They have a reason for that.

True. But other forums have not such a feature and I am sure they have reasons for that too.