3DXChat Community

Forum Topic feature

☙𝔼𝕩❧

User Moderation of Own Threads  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Isn`t it good?

• Yes, It would be nice!
    • I don`t want to have a right to moderate my own thread.

50 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Only because you don't like it – it does not become a garbage.

Oh that simple and old scenario - only because I don`t like it. Where did I say- "Only because I don`t like it"? Did I say? No. So why did you make this stupid conclusion? 

In fights people lose first thread. You fights here. We heard all of your opinion and I said about it. You  don`t change your opinion, you change your conclusion about both opposite opinions which was - to not continue the disscusion. It was wise. But you continued it in other threads. It was stupid.

Edited by ExHaran

The are the differences as I see them.

Game Rooms

1. Built by members for members only and opened by the hosts invite. People on the hosts ignore cannot enter. The rooms can be restricted to friends, groups, invited members and open to online “public” members interested in visiting the room at the time it is open.

2. There is a reasonable expectation that the “room” belongs to the host. He or she welcomes the guests, arranges the music and endeavours to give guests a nice experience.

3.  Bad behaviour has to be dealt with by the host as it is happening, evidence gathered & forwarded to report.  It is more instantaneous and zero tolerance needed so the room cannot be spoilt. This is why booting from the room is a good idea. Offended members generally report it to the host with an expectation for action.

4. 3DXChat can deal with it, but by then the event is over and it is too late. The disrupter wins. Booting ensures he does not spoil anyone’s enjoyment.

5. The rooms have a limited opening according to the hosts event times.

Forum Topics.

1. Forum Topics are opened to state something publicly by a member, in seriousness, in jest, a quest for info or to give info. They are to help and assist members and to build friendships.

2. The topic can be read by members, ex members & people who have never even joined the game. It’s much bigger than a “Game” room. It can be read by anyone and not restricted by the original poster. Forum is more an information media where the game is more an experience for members.

3. The topics opened are in public and therefore "belong" to forum so other readers can comment or post their views etc… They are not "personal"  Therefore they do not “belong” to the original poster, with the exception perhaps of the “Diaries.” These are the more personal topics and are journals of member’s experiences.

4.  Bad behaviour can be dealt with after the fact. It is more prolonged, the offence or drama there for all to see, including the forum moderators. Therefore bad behaviour can be copied or seen more easily and dealt with by 3dxchat. There is not such an urgency as in a “Game room.”

5. Topics that are deleted do not just delete the disrupter but also the members who genuinely answer the topic and who can spend a lot of time and care answering or giving their opinion. They, rightly so, feel slighted that their posts are cast aside by the bad behaviour of other members, even though they have acted correctly and taken part in the forum discussion.

6. The same with posts… some may deserve to be deleted, but what of those where the OP, just decides to on a whim, or because they are leaving Forum and want to annoy people or give a “Fuck it” message.  

Forum should be left to 3DXChat and their moderators. Offenders can be banned temporary or permanent or given warning points.

The game rooms need a booting facility. The “Offenders” cannot annoy the guests anymore then as they are not seen or heard for the rest of the event. The culprits can go on to other rooms if they wish, hopefully without incident. They are not banned from the game after all. It is up to them if they end up banned from all rooms due to their bad behaviour and will be their own silly fault.

3 hours ago, Vaughan_Rarius said:

The are the differences as I see them.

Game Rooms

1. Built by members for members only and opened by the hosts invite. People on the hosts ignore cannot enter. The rooms can be restricted to friends, groups, invited members and open to online “public” members interested in visiting the room at the time it is open.

2. There is a reasonable expectation that the “room” belongs to the host. He or she welcomes the guests, arranges the music and endeavours to give guests a nice experience.

3.  Bad behaviour has to be dealt with by the host as it is happening, evidence gathered & forwarded to report.  It is more instantaneous and zero tolerance needed so the room cannot be spoilt. This is why booting from the room is a good idea. Offended members generally report it to the host with an expectation for action.

4. 3DXChat can deal with it, but by then the event is over and it is too late. The disrupter wins. Booting ensures he does not spoil anyone’s enjoyment.

5. The rooms have a limited opening according to the hosts event times.

Forum Topics.

1. Forum Topics are opened to state something publicly by a member, in seriousness, in jest, a quest for info or to give info. They are to help and assist members and to build friendships.

2. The topic can be read by members, ex members & people who have never even joined the game. It’s much bigger than a “Game” room. It can be read by anyone and not restricted by the original poster. Forum is more an information media where the game is more an experience for members.

3. The topics opened are in public and therefore "belong" to forum so other readers can comment or post their views etc… They are not "personal"  Therefore they do not “belong” to the original poster, with the exception perhaps of the “Diaries.” These are the more personal topics and are journals of member’s experiences.

4.  Bad behaviour can be dealt with after the fact. It is more prolonged, the offence or drama there for all to see, including the forum moderators. Therefore bad behaviour can be copied or seen more easily and dealt with by 3dxchat. There is not such an urgency as in a “Game room.”

5. Topics that are deleted do not just delete the disrupter but also the members who genuinely answer the topic and who can spend a lot of time and care answering or giving their opinion. They, rightly so, feel slighted that their posts are cast aside by the bad behaviour of other members, even though they have acted correctly and taken part in the forum discussion.

6. The same with posts… some may deserve to be deleted, but what of those where the OP, just decides to on a whim, or because they are leaving Forum and want to annoy people or give a “Fuck it” message.  

Forum should be left to 3DXChat and their moderators. Offenders can be banned temporary or permanent or given warning points.

The game rooms need a booting facility. The “Offenders” cannot annoy the guests anymore then as they are not seen or heard for the rest of the event. The culprits can go on to other rooms if they wish, hopefully without incident. They are not banned from the game after all. It is up to them if they end up banned from all rooms due to their bad behaviour and will be their own silly fault.

As you are aware, you and I have discussed this between us at some length.  And I agree.  With the side point that there then must be a moderator dedicated to forum for this purpose.  Even if it is only a day per week to review all the issues reported.  Recent times have shown us all what filling out a report does.  So if this can be corrected then I agree completely with what is said above.  

1 hour ago, SusanLouisa said:

With proper 3DX moderation that can be corrected too.

I know. With proper moderation everything can be corrected as well as public room troubles(connected with offenders) in the game. Moderators in the game can correct everything, we learned it from the past.