3DXChat Community

Forum Topic feature

☙𝔼𝕩❧

User Moderation of Own Threads  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Isn`t it good?

• Yes, It would be nice!
    • I don`t want to have a right to moderate my own thread.

Can we get the function to delete unwanted content/post in the topics we created and lock/unlock our created topics(the menu in picture)?

It can help to keep our forum clean.

Please, be adequate and keep your posts in the subject.

nUXYzw7.png

Edited by ExHaran
Rule for this topic

If we talk about User Diaries — I agree, but in general — no. It's not our topics, not some kind of our property, it's the topics we created (as you said yourself :p). And I think creating a topic gives us an opportunity to make a direction of the thread, to put a question under discussion, but does not gives us the right to decide what is wanted/unwanted in topic. But as I said, for User Diaries it can be different, it seems kind of personal space. 

42 minutes ago, Xizl said:

If we talk about User Diaries — I agree, but in general — no. It's not our topics, not some kind of our property, it's the topics we created (as you said yourself :p). And I think creating a topic gives us an opportunity to make a direction of the thread, to put a question under discussion, but does not gives us the right to decide what is wanted/unwanted in topic. But as I said, for User Diaries it can be different, it seems kind of personal space. 

In my opinion if I create a topic, I have a responsibility for what happens there.

If I do something wrong, anyone can go public with it by the forum,with screenshots, to show how I am bad I deleting "unwanted" posts and so on. If I do something that breaks any rule/tos, anyone can report me. I had a hope we understand and know how to use these things.

Unfortunately I can`t be sure that unwanted content can be cleaned by moderators today because we dont have moderators or they dont want to work or something else. If they are not able to do that, so would be great to give us that right. Beyond that we have a right to delete whole thread today and post new if something wrong. But why should we spend time for that? A way better to give us the "delete button" to every post in our own topics.

Edited by ExHaran

19 hours ago, ExHaran said:

In my opinion if I create a topic, I have a responsibility for what happens there.

I don't think so. You would have responsibility if you could moderate it. But you you can't be held accountable for other people's actions if you have zero control over it.

If I do something wrong, anyone can go public with it by the forum,with screenshots, to show how I am bad I deleting "unwanted" posts and so on. If I do something that breaks any rule/tos, anyone can report me.

Good. But it's you. You are reasonable person, old player and forum-member, you care about your reputation. Can you say the same about all other people? 

I had a hope we understand and know how to use these things.

Some of us sure do. But I am also sure that some will abuse it.

Beyond that we have a right to delete whole thread today and post new if something wrong.

And I don't think that it's a good idea at all. Would be better without this feature. Will not be surprised if in the future it will create quite amount of well-deserved drama on forum.

On top of that, I don't think that anyone including even real moderators, if we will have ones, hould fight "unwanted" content. Anything can be called "unwanted", the definition of unwanted content too vague and too much up to person. If we want to keep things fair and in order – we should fight the content that going against the forum's rules (and if rules is bad – demand some changes in them), not just anythng we find unwanted or unplesant.

1 hour ago, Xizl said:

I don't think so. You would have responsibility if you could moderate it. But you you can't be held accountable for other people's actions if you have zero control over it.

I meant I feel like I have responsibility and that is why I made this topic. People can clean their made topics themselves. This is such a world experience when people don`t spend someones time, but do it themselves.

1 hour ago, Xizl said:

Good. But it's you. You are reasonable person, old player and forum-member, you care about your reputation. Can you say the same about all other people?

That is why I said how to do this. If someone does something wrong, another one can notice it and publicize it for whole forum community.

1 hour ago, Xizl said:

Some of us sure do. But I am also sure that some will abuse it.

How?

1 hour ago, Xizl said:

And I don't think that it's a good idea at all. Would be better without this feature. Will not be surprised if in the future it will create quite amount of well-deserved drama on forum.

It is the same as a "boot/ban from the room" feature. Example: I have my own topic with special discussion. Maybe it is my diary, maybe not. If inside the topic we are talking about icecream, but some person came and starts talking about politics or shoes, or just for trolling I think I have a right to clean the unwanted content. I can set which content is unwanted at the header of my topic. It can help to keep our forum clean.

Edited by ExHaran

4 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

That is why I said how to do this. If someone does something wrong, another one can notice it and publicize it for whole forum community.

Yes, but some troll or just newbie who does not have any name here don't really care about their reputation mostly. 

5 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

How?

Because it's just natural. I don't believe that all people in general or here – nice and good. I've seen enough of both this forum and 3dxchat game communities to say that there is enough people with quite a problematic mentality.

6 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

Example: I have my own topic with special discussion.

I guess there is a root of our disagreement. I don't think that if you or me create a topic – it's your or mine topic. In my opinion we just offered a subject to discuss, nothing more. Diaries is an exception. 

5 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Yes, but some troll or just newbie who does not have any name here don't really care about their reputation mostly.

I don`t understand what a bad thing can they do? If you mean they will not moderate their topics, its their right. Nothing changes. Anyone can use report if something wrong.

8 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Because it's just natural. I don't believe that all people in general or here – nice and good. I've seen enough of both this forum and 3dxchat game communities to say that there is enough people with quite a problematic mentality.

How technically they can abuse? I didn`t get it, excuse me.

9 minutes ago, Xizl said:

I guess there is a root of our disagreement. I don't think that if you or me create a topic – it's your or mine topic. In my opinion we just offered a subject to discuss, nothing more. Diaries is an exception.

Technically it`s all the same. Someone lead their threads in diary section like it isnt a diary, another one lead their threads in open forum like a diary. It was created by someone and this one own this if it is not break any rule or till forum gone. If I open an public room in the 3dxchat I want to take a little control for a fair reason. It still public, but still opened by me and I have some responsibility for how it looks and how people feels inside the place. The same for the forum. :)

40 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

I don`t understand what a bad thing can they do? If you mean they will not moderate their topics, its their right. Nothing changes. Anyone can use report if something wrong.

How technically they can abuse? I didn`t get it, excuse me.

They can remove unwanted content, where "unwated content" will be just an opinion that they does not like. Or delete posts of people they don't like.

42 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

Technically it`s all the same. Someone lead their threads in diary section like it isnt a diary, another one lead their threads in open forum like a diary.

Well if it's all the same that I prefer that people would not have moderation rights even in the diarys section.

The same for the forum. 

It's not the same on forum. If on forum I create for example "Adding a third gender to the game" topic – then while this topic is active there is no reson to create another one with the same subject. So if person want to discuss this stuff – they have not a big choice: 

1. Tolerate me and my moderation even if they don't like it or find it unfair.

2. Report my behavior and hope that Gizmo or other people will give a fuck about it and not just ignore them (and who know how much time it will take, Gizmo and Lisa usually busy with a game or w/e else, but not with forum and only them can really stop me).

3. Create the topic with same subject which will clutter the forum space and also may lead to some sick topics wars.

And now in game, if someone displeased with my room or how I do things in my room – they can go to any other room with a very same theme or create one by themselves. It's okay for the game to have for example 2-3 cold fuck rooms or 2-3 futa rooms being open in the very same time, but it's not okay for the forum to have 3 same subject threads being open in the same time. 

That's why I think that room moderation is a good thing (but it has to be limited to not create discrimination, I don't really believe that if some place is your property you can do ANYTHING there, I have different views on this subject), but ability to moderate topics created by ourselves is not a good thing. 

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

They can remove unwanted content, where "unwated content" will be just an opinion that they does not like. Or delete posts of people they don't like.

On 9/11/2019 at 3:54 PM, ExHaran said:

If I do something wrong, anyone can go public with it by the forum,with screenshots, to show how I am bad I deleting "unwanted" posts and so on.

6 hours ago, ExHaran said:

If someone just deleted your opinion or because they don`t like you, you can say about it on the forum to let people know about it. You have a right.

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

1. Tolerate me and my moderation even if they don't like it or find it unfair.

2. Report my behavior and hope that Gizmo or other people will give a fuck about it and not just ignore them (and who know how much time it will take, Gizmo and Lisa usually busy with a game or w/e else, but not with forum and only them can really stop me).

3. Create the topic with same subject which will clutter the forum space and also may lead to some sick topics wars.

1. Create another topic if you cant tolerate someone.

2. Create your own topic and moderate it as better as you think.

3. Forum space is for us. So use it. I can`t say that this topic is nice, but another one is not or such a garbage. Maybe they have the same names, but while both were created by some reason they have a chance at life.

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

And now in game, if someone displeased with my room or how I do things in my room – they can go to any other room with a very same theme or create one by themselves. It's okay for the game to have for example 2-3 cold fuck rooms or 2-3 futa rooms being open in the very same time, but it's not okay for the forum to have 3 same subject threads being open in the same time.

I am sure, here will not be open tons of the same topics or similar, because it wasn`t in  the past and it isn`t today. It is rare thing as well as in game. In the game you can notice similar rooms and it is okey. People choose their beloved host/room owner. It is cool that people have a choice. I don`t know why did you lead my "forum moderation" to the side of mass creating topics. Mass creating or spam is prohibited. I said about to moderate (delete/lock on/off-would be great to get) our own topics. With the modaration feature we can protect our topics and partially whole forum from trolling,spam (and other bad things), and make our topics the logic and nice look.

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

That's why I think that room moderation is a good thing (but it has to be limited to not create discrimination, I don't really believe that if some place is your property you can do ANYTHING there, I have different views on this subject), but ability to moderate topics created by ourselves is not a good thing. 

I don`t know how can people think that "ability to moderate topics created by themselves isn`t good:)  If I bought/have a car, I have responsibility for how it looks, how I use it and so on. It would be weird if someone took my car keys or car wash brush from me. :huh:

Anyway thank you for your opinion, I got your point. :)

Edited by ExHaran

Why just stop with Topics?  I'd love the chance to not only remove someone's quote and comment to something I said.  I'd love the chance to ban someone from even seeing a topic I created let alone the ability to comment on it. In fact, I'd love to have the ability to have a true block feature.  Block/Ignore meaning BLOCK/IGNORE, forget I exist and go away. Not the current fluffy "You currently have this person on ignore do you wish to see anyway?" kind of black.  We used to have that on game.  Can we not put the programming focus on the person doing the blocks IP address?  If THIS IP address wants nothing to do with THAT IP address why can't I have that right/ability? On game AND on forum.

Edited by SusanLouisa

I'd also like to point out that our current Block/Ignore feature on forum does NOT block the person indicated from seeing anything YOU write or post.  It only blocks YOU from seeing what THEY post.  It's ass backwards in my opinion, but should block in both directions, and keep them from even seeing your topic let alone commenting in it.

49 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

If someone just deleted your opinion or because they don`t like you, you can say about it on the forum to let people know about it. You have a right.

Yes, I have. So what? People will know that this person act bad (well, maybe they will, some just will not read my thread becasue they don't give a fuck about "drama"). What will I get from it? Does this person will be banned? Is my proof of their misdeeds guarantees that people will turn their back to that person and stop posting in person's thread? Should I also screenshot every my post and keep it as a proof if I don't agree with topic starter? What if they will delete my post before any active forum member saw it (the passing by ones most probably will not even care about what happeing on forum probably) and declare that my screens are fake? It's not too hard to make a fake screen if you have needed skills.

56 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

I don`t know why did you lead my "forum moderation" to the side of mass creating topics.

1. Create another topic if you cant tolerate someone.

2. Create your own topic and moderate it as better as you think.

That's why. If topic starter does not let me voice my opinion about subject in their thread – I will create my own topic. Maybe I even create 2 topics – one with the same subject as the topic where my posts were deleted and another one with proofs that other person acts unfair. The forum can become a scrapyard with such a topic wars. Btw, even if people will not write in my topic – I am gonna keep them high with regular bumps. Why? Because I will feel that I was treated unfair. 

59 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

3. Forum space is for us. So use it. I can`t say that this topic is nice, but another one is not or such a garbage. Maybe they have the same names, but while both were created by some reason they have a chance at life.

It's a lot easier and plesant (at least for me and tbh I am sure that for most people too) to use forum when you don't have double or triple topics with same subject and also a few drama topics, but just have a one topic where people together discuss some stuff without some local overlord. 

1 hour ago, ExHaran said:

I am sure, here will not be open tons of the same topics or similar, because it wasn`t in  the past and it isn`t today.

In past people could moderate their own topics on this forum?

Mass creating or spam is prohibited.

So I can or I can not create the same topic if my posts were deleted just because topic-starter does not liked them?

delete/lock on/off-would be great to get

It would be great to remove the right of deleting topics actually. I really hope that it's on only because Gizmo or whoever is responsible for forum forgot to turn it off. Because it gives a people opportunity to delete a topic when it's have for example 6 pages of content just because they don't like where it goes. Most probably it will create a drama in future.

If I bought/have a car

Creating topic on forum have a very little similarities with a car purchase. Actually the only thing that can be partially similiar is that you own it. But even this not really a matter of fact. I doubt you will be able to legally protect your topic if for example Gizmo will just delete it or the whole forum just because he felt like it. 

http://changingminds.org/disciplines/argument/fallacies/false_analogy.htm

45 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

If THIS IP address wants nothing to do with THAT IP address why can't I have that right/ability?

Because you can create a topic with really important subject. And person can create the very same topic because they just don't know that you already created it or because they actually know that you created it and they want to talk about this stuff too or just feel unfair that they can't. It can clutter forum and create additional drama. So long term it can lead to less comfort to the whole community and create quite unpleasant atmosphere on forum. And the comfort of whole community more important that your personal comfort. 

3 hours ago, Xizl said:

Yes, I have. So what? People will know that this person act bad (well, maybe they will, some just will not read my thread becasue they don't give a fuck about "drama"). What will I get from it? Does this person will be banned? Is my proof of their misdeeds guarantees that people will turn their back to that person and stop posting in person's thread? Should I also screenshot every my post and keep it as a proof if I don't agree with topic starter? What if they will delete my post before any active forum member saw it (the passing by ones most probably will not even care about what happeing on forum probably) and declare that my screens are fake? It's not too hard to make a fake screen if you have needed skills.

Why do you need the person banned for deleting your post? Why do you need these bad things? If you respond to injustice(in your opinion), you show the injustice by your in-post arguments. it`s just a normal act which takes a minute. People can get their conclusions themselves.

3 hours ago, Xizl said:

That's why. If topic starter does not let me voice my opinion about subject in their thread – I will create my own topic. Maybe I even create 2 topics – one with the same subject as the topic where my posts were deleted and another one with proofs that other person acts unfair. The forum can become a scrapyard with such a topic wars. Btw, even if people will not write in my topic – I am gonna keep them high with regular bumps. Why? Because I will feel that I was treated unfair. 

Ask yourself. I don`t know. If I feel that someone acts unfair to me, I do everything to fix it. Not because of reputation, but because I won`t give them a chance to do that. It`s not nice.

3 hours ago, Xizl said:

It's a lot easier and plesant (at least for me and tbh I am sure that for most people too) to use forum when you don't have double or triple topics with same subject and also a few drama topics, but just have a one topic where people together discuss some stuff without some local overlord. 

I don`t know how will you avoid any drama today. There is all depends of everyone and of what they think about drama. Someone just doesn`t see any drama around, its ok. Yeah, its easier and pleasant..at first look. But first thing I told about - to be able to clean topics, to be able to protect topics. All you`re talking about at this moment are thoughts about projection of future which can be true or not. I feel it`s not.  Do you think it will be massive? I don`t think so. There is not that big amount of users, but bad trolls could be. In the past some of them posted dirty and very unwanted puctures because devs wasnt here. This crap was here too long. If topic starter could delete it, then would delete it.

3 hours ago, Xizl said:

In past people could moderate their own topics on this forum?

People can open it today as well as they was able to do this in the past. In the past was tons of reasons to do that. Not only because of your reason.

3 hours ago, Xizl said:

So I can or I can not create the same topic if my posts were deleted just because topic-starter does not liked them?

3 hours ago, Xizl said:

Mass creating by the same person. It is the same as spam. Why are you asking me? lol 

3 hours ago, Xizl said:

It would be great to remove the right of deleting topics actually. I really hope that it's on only because Gizmo or whoever is responsible for forum forgot to turn it off. Because it gives a people opportunity to delete a topic when it's have for example 6 pages of content just because they don't like where it goes. Most probably it will create a drama in future.

Drama? because of what? Because topic starters wanted to delete their own threads? omg. omg. if they want, they have a right to do that. Because they was started it. 

It will be that stupidest thing if they will remove the right to delete it. I hope they are nice.

3 hours ago, Xizl said:

Creating topic on forum have a very little similarities with a car purchase. Actually the only thing that can be partially similiar is that you own it. But even this not really a matter of fact. I doubt you will be able to legally protect your topic if for example Gizmo will just delete it or the whole forum just because he felt like it. 

I knew you'd say that. That is why I said:

11 hours ago, ExHaran said:

It was created by someone and this one own this if it is not break any rule or till forum gone.

The same way gizmo can delete the 3dxchat game servers, but while we can use it, we should use it in the best way.

My analogy is truly true. Deal with it.

Картинки по запросу troll movie

5 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

Why just stop with Topics?  I'd love the chance to not only remove someone's quote and comment to something I said.  I'd love the chance to ban someone from even seeing a topic I created let alone the ability to comment on it. In fact, I'd love to have the ability to have a true block feature.  Block/Ignore meaning BLOCK/IGNORE, forget I exist and go away. Not the current fluffy "You currently have this person on ignore do you wish to see anyway?" kind of black.  We used to have that on game.  Can we not put the programming focus on the person doing the blocks IP address?  If THIS IP address wants nothing to do with THAT IP address why can't I have that right/ability? On game AND on forum.

Yep, I still see how one liar living in my diary under "You currently have this person on ignore do you wish to see anyway?". That`s awful. I have been asked support to delete it. They deleted only half. *facepalm* Another/one of reason why I ask for the moderation of our topics.

Edited by ExHaran

4 hours ago, Xizl said:

Xixl said: Because you can create a topic with really important subject. And person can create the very same topic because they just don't know that you already created it or because they actually know that you created it and they want to talk about this stuff too or just feel unfair that they can't. It can clutter forum and create additional drama. So long term it can lead to less comfort to the whole community and create quite unpleasant atmosphere on forum. And the comfort of whole community more important that your personal comfort. 

You have no idea of what you speak.  If I start whole new topic about WHY I wish to have this ability it only causes more drama.  I do not wish to cause drama.  I do not wish to discuss reasons for my desires to want this ability yet again only to have it picked apart by others who do not know my reasons.  All anyone needs to know is that I DO have my reasons and they extended from game to real life.  If mods/owners won't help we each should have that option so to handle on our own, quietly.  And THAT is as much of an explanation as you are going to get at this point.  Now, they will read, and make sure to point out all my faults in expressing myself just as you have.  But you know NOTHING of my 'personal comfort' but the local police department does.

4 hours ago, ExHaran said:

Why do you need the person banned for deleting your post? Why do you need these bad things? If you respond to injustice(in your opinion), you show the injustice by your in-post arguments. it`s just a normal act which takes a minute. People can get their conclusions themselves.

Why should not I want it? I mean if they deleted my posts for example for me insulting them or posting some nasty pics – it's a one thing, but if they do it because they just don't like me or my posts are "unwanted" then I feel like I treated unfair and being oppressed by them, why should not I want them punished for it? 

Ask yourself. I don`t know. If I feel that someone acts unfair to me, I do everything to fix it. Not because of reputation, but because I won`t give them a chance to do that. It`s not nice.

I don't think that acting unfair towards me is nice too, you see :p

Someone just doesn`t see any drama around, its ok.

Well, I actually don't see much drama around myself. Tho I am here mostly to discuss 3dxchat, I am rarely visiting any other places here besides "important Topics" and "3dxchat" sections. Sometime I also visit "Open Forum" (main part) but only because there is a lot of 3dxchat discussion there cause before it was impossible to create own threads in "Developments & Suggestions". So yeah, last time I saw any serious drama here were many months ago. And it ended with banning people who caused it, deleting some of their posts, and deleting RobT account together with the filth he were spreading. So in the end the ones who were doing really nasty stuff, openly attacking people and breaking the TOS were punished. Not just some people doing something "unwanted" in other's threads. I'm all up for punishing people who insults others, posts offensive pics or do other TOS breaking offensive stuff – but I am completely against giving people an opportunity to delete someone's post just because they don't like it and don't want it in "their" thread. 

All you`re talking about at this moment are thoughts about projection of future which can be true or not. I feel it`s not. 

I feel it is. People here tend to be afraid that even few carefully chosen moderators out of community sooner or later will start to do shit, taking sides with their friends, abusing power etc. And you believe if give a power of moderating to EVERYONE there will be no abuse of it? Well, I am glad that you have so much believe in people here but I definitely do not share such an optimistic views. 

Do you think it will be massive? I don`t think so.

It does not need to be massive to cause drama and injustice. 

Mass creating by the same person. It is the same as spam. Why are you asking me? lol 

So I will be punished for creating the same topic even if I can't participate in the already existing one because local Great-Lord-Topic-Creater just deletes all my posts? 

tenor.gif

Sounds like a pretty fair system if you ask me *sarcasm*

Drama? because of what? Because topic starters wanted to delete their own threads?

Yes, because topic starters delete their "own" threads. Because topic is a collective work. You start it – then many other people put their effort in the developing of discussion. 

if they want, they have a right to do that. Because they was started it. 

I don't agree with such a position because of reasons I stated up there. Topic is the result of collective work, not solely the one who gave it a start. 

5 hours ago, ExHaran said:

My analogy is truly true. Deal with it.

No it's not. You paid for the car. For all the effort other people put in creating it. It's solely yours (yet still you have quite a limitations in using it, even in such a circumstances). Topic, even while being started by you, were developed by the community, not by you solely. It's not yours. Even giving users an ability to delete topics – actually a serious mistake. 

4 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

You have no idea of what you speak. 

I have an idea about what I speak. I speak about the subject of the topic. I may not know what personal circumstances you have, but anyway it does not give you some special rights, does not put your comfort over others or make your position undiscussable truth.

Xizl said:  "I have an idea about what I speak. I speak about the subject of the topic. I may not know what personal circumstances you have, but anyway it does not give you some special rights, does not put your comfort over others or make your position undiscussable truth."

Again, did I ask for something special??  Just for me??  You assume much.  I may want to ignore you so you cannot see what I say so you cannot make silly and assumptive commentary which makes no sense.  Wanting to completely block you at the moment is surely not special as I ask no one else to become uncomfortable to do it.  I just ask for the ability to be granted to EVERYONE, NOT JUST SPECIAL ME,  should they wish to.  Lucky for me you are not Gizmo and do not make the decisions.  I have a right to state what my own wish list is and I don't believe I asked for your opinion.  

2 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

I just ask for the ability to be granted to EVERYONE, NOT JUST SPECIAL ME,  should they wish to

Yes, but making it possible will in result create discomfort for other people. I already explained my position in the bottom part of this post https://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/9158-forum-topic-feature/&do=findComment&comment=353497

So to achieve your comfort you will most probably in the end create a discomfort to others. 

2 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

I have a right to state what my own wish list is and I don't believe I asked for your opinion.  

I don't argue that you have such a right, ofc you do. But I have my right to state my opinion too, and I also have a right to argue with you about controversial subjects like ones we discussing in this topic, I don't need neither your permission or request to do so. 

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

Why should not I want it? I mean if they deleted my posts for example for me insulting them or posting some nasty pics – it's a one thing, but if they do it because they just don't like me or my posts are "unwanted" then I feel like I treated unfair and being oppressed by them, why should not I want them punished for it? 

That`s what I talking about. You can punish them for any bad behavior by that.

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

I feel it is. People here tend to be afraid that even few carefully chosen moderators out of community sooner or later will start to do shit, taking sides with their friends, abusing power etc. And you believe if give a power of moderating to EVERYONE there will be no abuse of it? Well, I am glad that you have so much believe in people here but I definitely do not share such an optimistic views.

Thank you. I realy believe. Because few chosen moderators only have a right. I talking about to get the right to everyone

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

It does not need to be massive to cause drama and injustice.

So is not a problem then.

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

So I will be punished for creating the same topic even if I can't participate in the already existing one because local Great-Lord-Topic-Creater just deletes all my posts? 

Sounds like a pretty fair system if you ask me *sarcasm*

No, you will not be. 

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

Yes, because topic starters delete their "own" threads. Because topic is a collective work. You start it – then many other people put their effort in the developing of discussion.

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

I don't agree with such a position because of reasons I stated up there. Topic is the result of collective work, not solely the one who gave it a start. 

It is an discussion, not an art. It`s like you talk with someone, but in any chat by writing a text. Don't idealize too much. If I have my topic and a reason to delete it, it`s fair enough.

5 hours ago, Xizl said:

No it's not. You paid for the car. For all the effort other people put in creating it. It's solely yours (yet still you have quite a limitations in using it, even in such a circumstances). Topic, even while being started by you, were developed by the community, not by you solely. It's not yours. Even giving users an ability to delete topics – actually a serious mistake. 

It`s not important paid or not. Alright, I have a car i`ve fully created by myself. Better? It is not first time you read it wrong. That is why I added "/have", i knew you`ll read it in your way. 

Topic started by me and if people feels wrong in my topic, they have a voice to say about it, period.

Looks like some people forgot how creepy and crapy was forum with massive spam of dirty pictures while devs wasn`t here. How many times people asked to delete that.

How many dots (.) was placed instead of words in messages that people wanted to delete, but could not do it. Forum looks much better today without dots. It pictures how people needed to delete their own messages. So devs did all right. Would be great to skip the process when we`re asking developers many times to delete this or that, and obtain this little feature. It`s time to be adult and to show how it can happens.

Edited by ExHaran

10 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

Looks like some people forgot how creepy and crapy was forum with massive spam of dirty pictures while devs wasn`t here

Yeah that's why i don't want them to be able to moderate their own topic. Do you really want them to have any kind of power, even the smallest one such as moderate a topic they created?

But i aggree we need faster moderation on forums but certainly not from the community. Most of us can barely moderate ourselves, how would we be able to moderate anything else? 😛

And now i go back in my cave.

@ExHaran

I don't want to continue this discussion, I understand that at least half of my answer will be the same points I already made.

We will not find any compromise here and will not be able to convince each other becasue we have different points of view on the key issues.

You think that we own the topics we create, because we created it. I think that we don't own them and we solely give the topic a start, while the topic itself belongs to the whole community because it's being developed by a whole community. Therefore our position about how things should be is opposite: you want people to have a moderation rights for topics they create, while I would like if even the right of deleting threads that currently exist would be taken away from people. 

On top of it, you believe that vast majority of people are good and will not abuse their power, I have less positive view on things and less faith in people. 

So, there is really no point in continuing this discussion between us anymore and moving in circles.

I hope tho that Gizmo/Lisa will check this topic and if not move things to one or other side – then at least voice their opinion about the subject, because you and me may disagree with how things should be, but I sure agree that it's very important topic. 

Edited by Xizl
typos fix

51 minutes ago, Garance said:

Yeah that's why i don't want them to be able to moderate their own topic. Do you really want them to have any kind of power, even the smallest one such as moderate a topic they created?

Hm..I remember they didn`t create topics. They posted pictures in already created topics that`s why I want us to be able to protect our topics and forum. I don`t ask to moderate everything. I ask to give us a little moderation such as "delete/lock on/lock off" for our topics. If it can happens again, we can report the person, delete their messages that breaks rules and lock our topics to don`t give them to continue their act till developers punish them.

Today we can create many topics, such as forum games or a diary, but we can't lead them. Anyone can come to a special topic and bring offtopic content just for laughs.

Although I was one who use to say I think we need self moderation for our forum threads I tend to agree with those who say yes for our diaries but no to other threads. I have thought about it and what it will leave open is for people to make posts defaming or spreading rumours about others and the victim will not be able to reply, or not be able to reply without having their defense post deleted. I can see lots of that happening and I was the main person in these forums that use to cop all the crap that people in this thread are talking about, I am pretty sure that would happen. The person we all know of, and others like him, would post those fowl comments and pictures in their own threads where they would make it so we could not defend our reputations. And if the speed of the replies to reports for the forum remains the same I could see it presenting a lot of problems.

My opinion is the forum, if it gets back to how it was then, and it has been really good lately, but if it does go back to how it was the best solution would be for Gizmo to employ a web forum moderator compony. I think it was ExHaran that originally pointed one of them out in these forums.

It needs to be moderators who are not players from the game, that has been done a few times now and has not worked. It needs to be a 24 hour a day thing where if a report goes in it is acted on immediately, not days later.

I believe there is 3 types of topics and they need different moderation, so I guess there is no good solution for all of them.

User Diaries, I think it is something personal and should be moderated by the topic owner, but sometimes in those diaries there is personal attack, and people should have the right to answer without being deleted. 

Announcements post like in Events or World Editor, I like to keep these topics only related to the event and so on, so I wish to be able to moderate it to keep some clarity in those. Maybe the owner could have an option to hide a post till forum moderator review it and decide if it has to be deleted or not. This option would be only available for the initial poster and only on the topic created.

General discussion like we have now: only forum moderator can delete.

I am totally aware that what I propose isn't something that will be implemented, so the best solution for me would be to be able to hide temporarely a post, until the forum moderator review it.