3DXChat Community

ROOMS Ranking system

Aliviax

Hello ,

today i wanted to talk about room ranking from 3dxchat  buisness point of view and new players point of view .

Many people complain about rooms rankings mostly the newer ones.

How does the current room rank works now ? The room with the most people in it is higher on list this ranking tho isnt fair for newer people they are always doomed to be down on the list .

The more known people always on top no exeptions and i put my self in this i nver had issues i never spend much gold cause people know me same applies to other known people but its not fair for new players .

So my suggestion is the room ranking be by time open, the earlier the day a room has opened the higher in the list will be  n so on .

This will make it more fair for all people (new players side ) and ofcourse will allow people to spend more xgold (3dxchat side)

its known fact that all known people including me dont spend xgold and newer people spend way more and i think its not fair .

So my suggestion covers 2 sides i care 3dxchat side to earn more money from xgold and new players side to have a more fair game and more chances.

will also help reduce spam ...who are those that spam ? ask ur selfs its rooms that dont have people so they spam to get more attention 

changing the room ranking system will change all that in a better way giving everyone same oportunities ❤️ 

have fun everyone 

So people just have to stay open 24/7 to be on top.

If someone opens just for one hour a room, he will never reach even the first half ot the list.

I dont see it as a solution but even worse. People go where are people. It is right to say there is a snowball effects and large rooms get more and more peeps thanks to actual ranking.

I still wish to have tabs for diferent type of rooms. At least one tab for sex rooms and one for non sex rooms. This would already allow 2 rankings and better view of rooms open.

Edited by Torax

1 minute ago, Torax said:

So people just have to stay open 24/7 to be on top.

If someone opens just for one hour a room, he will never reach even the first half ot the list.

I dont see it as a solution but even worse. People go where are people. It is right to say there is a snowball effects and large rooms get more and more peeps thanks to actual ranking.

I still wish to have tabs for diferent type of rooms. At least one tab for sex rooms and one for non sex rooms. This would already allow 2 rankings and better view of rooms open.

this is where you can propose torax a fair system for known n not known people so everybody has same chances n oportunities :)

i agree 100% with the idea of different tabs for shared rooms example music rooms and sex rooms :) or even more tabs bars edm rooms chilaxing rooms tab 

I see 2 improvements, and then ranking system wouldnt matter anymore:

Tabs per style of room, and then in the tabs, sorting options: last open, longest open, sort by host name, sort by people in the room.

I dont think the idea is to give a chance to new ones or favorise old ones. The idea is to make it easy for people to find what they are looking for.

Even one single tab with sort options would be enough. Regarding room promotion, for 3dx to make money, you can have still like 2-3 spots on top, like you have when you do a google search. Sponsorised first, then your search results.

well the idea can be like this ....

let me explain ..

Now we have short rooms by 3 categories 

1 each room owner is allowed to give only 1 tag so room is shorted in a  respected category ,why 1 tag only ? simple cause if more room owners could misslead tagging rooms as party n sex rooms n be in both tabs so yes only 1 tab for more clear shorting.

So you click a category lets say party rooms then u browse thu all party tag rooms .

then bellow we have a space that people can advertize their rooms 3 at any given time with 300xgold  in frint page  no time limit meaning that when another spend 300 xgold their room will be insta there allowing ppl spend xgold .

i think its a simple yet fair idea and everyone can get what they realy want :)

ps deleted pic to save up attachment space hahaha

Edited by Aliviax

The most well known rooms will always have a following no matter where they are on the board.  We never opened at dawn, never paid coin to be at the top.  We were a well known club with well known DJ's.  Sometimes we were at the top and sometimes in the center.  All depends on who else is open, having a birthday or a wedding, etc.  I won't deny the thrill of your room having earned the top spot, without paying to get there is quite a high.  The first time it happened to us V and floated through the week lol.  However, we found also that being the top room created a type of competition and the competition created drama which creates stress.  So now when we open we open just to have a good time.  We spam to let fans know we are open as it is no longer with regular frequency.  If they can visit great, if not that is fine too as they have other commitments or interests at that time.  Just relax, provide a fabulous room and fantastic music, and enjoy the numbers you get and be happy for those players who have the top rooms whether you count among them or not.

9 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

The most well known rooms will always have a following no matter where they are on the board.  We never opened at dawn, never paid coin to be at the top.  We were a well known club with well known DJ's.  Sometimes we were at the top and sometimes in the center.  All depends on who else is open, having a birthday or a wedding, etc.  I won't deny the thrill of your room having earned the top spot, without paying to get there is quite a high.  The first time it happened to us V and floated through the week lol.  However, we found also that being the top room created a type of competition and the competition created drama which creates stress.  So now when we open we open just to have a good time.  We spam to let fans know we are open as it is no longer with regular frequency.  If they can visit great, if not that is fine too as they have other commitments or interests at that time.  Just relax, provide a fabulous room and fantastic music, and enjoy the numbers you get and be happy for those players who have the top rooms whether you count among them or not.

i see . well the idea i provide makes it more organized and less chaos :) also makes it easier for ppl to choose what they realy want . Also very important is that each category ofc will be consist from fewer rooms thus every room being visible easily :) thus fair .

those that have a more competing spirit they can always advertize their room in front page as it is now by spending 300xgold 

but now more will be able to be advrtized inceasing to 3 rooms :) 

I think it's fair that rooms with a good reputation able to stay on top for free. Their owners gained it by providing guests a place with good company/music/entertainment/friendly atmosphere, so people can have quality and plesant time. So it's well deserved and fair if such rooms can be on top without paying. 

1 hour ago, Xizl said:

I think it's fair that rooms with a good reputation able to stay on top for free. Their owners gained it by providing guests a place with good company/music/entertainment/friendly atmosphere, so people can have quality and plesant time. So it's well deserved and fair if such rooms can be on top without paying. 

do you like the idea to categorize rooms as my above pic ? isnt it more clean n organized ?

2 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

do you like the idea to categorize rooms as my above pic ? isnt it more clean n organized ?

I like the idea to categorize rooms, but I think that inside the categories rooms should be ranged by the population and (maybe) advertisement, like it is now. And old system — too see all rooms in one list — should stay too as an alternative for ones who like it more — so we can choose how we prefer to see rooms — all in one list with 1-3 advertised ones on the top or by categories. 

3 hours ago, Aliviax said:

people can advertize their rooms 3 at any given time with 300xgold  in frint page  no time limit meaning that when another spend 300 xgold their room will be insta there allowing ppl spend xgold .

And I absolutely disagree with this system. There should be some guaranteed time on the top if person spends xgold. Or it's just unfair to players. 

Edited by Xizl

Just now, Xizl said:

I like the idea to categorize rooms, but I think that inside the categories rooms should be ranged by the population and (maybe) advertisement, like it is now. And old system — too see all rooms in one list — should stay too as an alternative for ones who like it more — so we can choose how we prefer to see rooms — all in one list with 1-3 advertised ones on the top or by categories. 

yes ofc im sorry i had to mentioned that i gave 2 ideas initially i preffer the second idea which is the pic not my 1st post 

ofc in categories rooms could be shorted by number as u say 

2 minutes ago, Xizl said:

And I absolutely disagree with this system. There should be some guaranteed time on the top if person spends xgold. Or it's just unfair to players. 

well there is always room for making it better example a ad that has a fixed time staying there say 3 mins for example  

8 hours ago, Xizl said:

Off Topic: Can you explain how you do so your lines are so close from each others ?

See, when i write my lines are not as close as yours. It's like they jump two lines at a time between two .

17 minutes ago, Leeloo said:

Off Topic: Can you explain how you do so your lines are so close from each others ?

See, when i write my lines are not as close as yours. It's like they jump two lines at a time between two .

Hjkghjkghjkghukhbj hjil hjilh jkl hjkln jkl njk lnjkl njklhjklh ji lhjk lnbjkl hjkl hjklh jklh jkl hjk lhjk lhjk lnbjklhujilg hjkfgh jkdfgjdfgh cghkvbhj lkhbjk lnmkl ;mkl ;/nkl. njkl. bhjk vhb k vhgjkvbn jk bhjkbhn jlbnjkl njklnj kl;jhk;l.

Ghjkghjklhjkl.

Basically whenever you press Enter to start a new paragraph it increases the space between lines. Note that she wrote in a single paragraph, whereas you wrote in two.

They could do a sorting as random as the one from the friend list :)  If anyone can tell me the logic being this one, it would be great 😂

The promotion feature for 300 xgold doesnt bother me more than that. And I tend to agree with Rob was better, meaning that old system was better. You pay to be on top, than if someone else does, you go second and so on.

As per now, you pay to be on top when you open, and go back to the depths of the list if you have only 2 peeps in the room after 30 sec and someone else paid to be on top. Pretty expensive promotion system and not fair.

Also it wouldnt be smart to be something complicated. I mean there is maybe 50-60 rooms opened in the list? So need of 10 differents categories. 

I would see it like this:

See all rooms - See Sex rooms only - See non sex rooms only

Sort by: Number in the room  - Sort by: Host name

I think it would be more than enough.

21 minutes ago, Torax said:

As per now, you pay to be on top when you open, and go back to the depths of the list if you have only 2 peeps in the room after 30 sec and someone else paid to be on top. Pretty expensive promotion system and not fair.

Pretty fair in my opinion. You got your time on top — some people checked your room. Unfair when first 10-20 postition is taken by people who paid (someone earlier someone later) and if you don't pay you are for example fifteen in the list — and it does not matter how popular is your room. Have a reputation and cool room to be popular sounds much more fair than pay to be popular. 

Would you like to use some internet search engine if amount of advertisement links would not be limitted and you would need to scroll down through pages full of advertising to see the actual search results? Would it be a fair system... Well, for ancap — maybe :lol:

Edited by Xizl

To me it is not fair cos you have no guarantee of time, how long you will be on top, it can be 2 seconds or 2 hours for 300 xgold, as soon as someone else up his room, it is over. With the old system, if yo uwere toped, you went second, and so on each time someone paid. At least you stayed higher in the list for a longer time even if not on top. Now it is yoyo time!

Edited by Torax