3DXChat Community

Messenger Reply Limit

Arieha

Why would there be a restriction on this?  My VL husband and I use it at times when internet is lost or logging on to the computer is impossible.  With Dorian approaching my area and the realistic loss of power and internet also looms we will be using the messenger often during the next week or so.  Limiting it's use removes our main way to communicate at a time when further stress and worry is not needed.  Gizmo please lift this restriction.

Paranoid?? Discord? We are and speak there daily.  Ever been in a hurricane cat 5 leathium?  Till you are you should not judge.  Mei?  Forum was indeed designed to have a private messenger and we have been using it for past 18 months.   How my husband and I communicate is none of your concern or business.  I was asking GIZMO, not asking for suggestions to others thank you very much.

It does seem rather pointless to restrict forum PM's. It is a very useful communication method.  I agree it should be lifted so members can PM freely.

As for the abusive members, that answer is pretty simple.  Copy the abuse, send and report to Support and iggy the silly idiots. They are not welcome in forum and hopefully Support will have zero tolerance towards such behaviour and ban.

3 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

Paranoid?? Discord? We are and speak there daily.  Ever been in a hurricane cat 5 leathium?  Till you are you should not judge. 

It was obviously not aimed at you, but I had my share of some people I liked and when I asked to stay in touch with anything outside 3DX, like discord, telegram, steam etc. They gone all paranoid on me using the usual excuse "I don't want to mix my real life with this game", that's what I call "paranoia". 😋

Edited by Leathium

I have found that the forums have always been the very least effective form of communication, especially during these storms!  That's my opinion anyway as a member here for more than 5 years and having unfortunately experienced multiple storms during that time.  I do however agree that the messenger should be available for however members choose to use...as long as it's not being abused ofc.

Edited by Adara

Many just do not want other aps on their phones.  I, for instance, have teenaged sons I don't wish picking up my phone and asking me questions I do not wish to answer. Not paranoid....not married rl nor is my VL husband.  But I don't think I should have to explain to those I do not even know.

Edited by SusanLouisa

1 hour ago, SusanLouisa said:

Many just do not want other aps on their phones.  I, for instance, have teenaged sons I don't wish picking up my phone and asking me questions I do not wish to answer. Not paranoid....not married rl nor is my VL husband.  But I don't think I should have to explain to those I do not even know.

Understandable, but I'm speaking for my self as well here, I'm basically single irl, most of my friends irl don't quite care what I have in my apps or my gaming accounts so I have it easier on me.

Edited by Leathium

3 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

And yet you were not only compelled to do just that, but to throw in the added bonus of judging others that you know nothing about or their RL situations.  You justify your not wanting your teenage boys to see apps on your phone, which is well within your parental rights.  But then say you're not paranoid since you and/or your vl husband are not married in RL.  This infers that anyone married in RL is paranoid.  I will remind you of your own words of advice here....

6 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

Till you are you should not judge. 

Why can't you extend the same courtesy you are expecting of others?  That was rhetorical.  Besides,  I'm pretty certain most teenagers today not only know what discord, steam and other messenger apps are, they use them quite frequently.  I would imagine it would be a whole lot harder to answer questions and explain what a sex chat forum is than a messenger app that they likely already use.  That's just my opinion though.  I think you could have very easily made your point and not lost credibility had you simply omitted the judgmental portion of your statement.

Please lets not start picking on things that are worded in a particular way and cause a topic that is saying something important to degenerate into slanging matches. 

i think we are all united and on the same page and want the same thing.   Freedom to use PM' without restriction. The ignore or blocking button can sort out any spamming or abuse. Please remove the restriction 3DXchat.

Well my intention was peaceful, for me and for many people like me, I don't want to limit my self into forum messenger or remain anonymous in game, I like to keep a real touch with some people I liked in here, I'm not saying everyone "should", but there are quite multiple alternatives and they are quite more useful than sticking into a forums messenger, regardless of how everyone real life status is.. I used to be one of those keeping things only 3dx, but then I realized that way I lose some dear people to me, so I decided to open up. So don't understand my friendly advice as I'm attempting to judge your real life status.

Don't misunderstand me Leathium, and I apologize if I misunderstood you.  I do not stick with only in game contact.  However, when limited only to my phone, this limits access.  Forum requires no ap only google internet.  So there are no pings or icons. Some have work phones and are not allowed to have aps added.  Others have kids who think nothing of picking up phone and reading your messages to you as you drive.  Plenty of real life married people on the forum/game who do not wish to draw attention to their on line activities in any way. There are many reasons, not all of them paranoid, but I appreciate your clarification.  I have opened up to a chosen few and you are correct, it enriches your relationships.  I am very aware of the alternatives and have used many such as KiK, Whatsap, etc.  and learned some hard lessons in the process.  We prefer to use Forum under certain circumstances,  have had no issue doing so, and hope to continue.  It is all a personal choice. 

Edited by SusanLouisa

My friend has been an active user since May of 2017, and never posts in the forums, only uses the messenger.  On the old website, she would use the messenger as often as she liked without issue.  However, I'll let her know to make 3 forum posts and hopefully that will lift her messenger limit as well.

Thank you :)