3DXChat Community

3 words for developers please :

DJMikeBurleigh

During game developing, I suggested Manual Override stuff...

There are 2 self-defense options to kick those bullies, trolls or party banger as followings;

1.Scare & show them that you're hard & tough player.

mWCFD69.gif.57b57747145a7c42e3baad1a32dea455.gif

2. The End conversation, Like this....

1QO4FBp.gif.e9e77e658d7cefc4a7448100a008ec0e.gif

Thanks to Natalie Portman, she's a badass 😁😁😁

Β 

Edited by Sammy

3 hours ago, chloe said:

Yes, I am pretty sure there is no exploit. And if you want to have an explanation how this technical works, so maybe ask instead of spread panic.

How ignore works:

Player A sends command to server: ignore Player B. And Player B as well as the messages get no longer rendered.
Player B gets info Player A did ignored so Player A and all his messages get no longer rendered.
Next time Player A and Player B login again both get the info A ignored B so the game knows not to render anything from B and vice versa.

How a kick would works (from room owner or a moderator):

Player A sends command to server: kick Player B out of the room I am owner or moderator.
Player B gets the info he/she was kicked. The game will than move him to the wardrobe and displays a message what happend.
Maybe a timer prevent Player B from rejoining. This could be implemented on different ways and is up to Gizmo.

In both cases all is needed is the Character ID.Β 

What this all has to do with room steeling is by the way a miracle for me.

absolutely,and if possible if kicked from room...ignore should automatically be applied. because if i kick from my room it won't be a mistake it will clearly be they did not follow rules..i am very easy to get along with , and like everyone else i want people to come and enjoy my rooms...just don't cause trouble

In World of Warcrat, there was a time, if you wanted to kick someone from a raid or group, you needed to make a vote pass. Ofc this cant be in 3dx but maybe like for reports, 2 or 3 requests should be sent before someone is kicked. I wouldnt go for automatic ignore but temporary ban from the room. Sometimes newbies do mistakes too.

Β 

I would think getting upvotes would only attract attention to the drama being created in the room.Β  The room owner knows the rules for his rooms and if he receives a pm in the room backed by proof of the offense this should be enough.Β  However, it is possible to have different levels.Β  I have been on games where first boot is temporary with a 15 minute limit and the second results in permanent ban.Β  This way the person being booted is given a second chance to behave themselves accordingly.

Personally, I think kick should be separate from ban. It's like a lesser level. Sometimes all you need to do is boot someones ass out to get the message across and don't need a full ban/ignore yet.Β  I also think you should be able to add names to a ban list without having to wait for them to come in.Β  If you don't like someone add their name to a list that are banned from entering your room.Β  The ability to add someones name to the regular ignore system should also be possible.

I must admit I am confused why anyone would even try to make an argument against being able to moderate your room as they see fit.

The only weak link I can see to any of this room moderation is World Chat. The drama is guaranteed to spill over into it. Gizmo is going to have quite the dilemma to solve with World Chat.Β 

You would need to be able to manually enter names in your list theΒ orΒ kind of a sort of search engine to find people you wanna ban. To be honest if lΒ dont want someone in my room from scratch, ignore it. As per now my ignore list is empty though.Β  From all what is proposed so far, the temporary kick first and then permaban (not ignore) rule is the best.

Our Ignore list would only come into play when a player qualified for complete ban.Β  I still support both temporary and complete/permanent ban and it is only at that point the person booted would make our ignore list.Β  Having to manage two ignore lists would get a bit confusing and I imagine would take up room on server.Β  Having said that however, which ever needs to happen in order to make this boot feature an option is fine by me really.Β  I know how I'd like it to work but I will take what we can get gladly.

Don't know if i missed some posts due to the "first unread post" option missing, but i think something like in second life would be good. There, if you bootΒ someone from a place, he/she can't come back in before 30 minutes passed. I don't know if it would be doable in 3DX though

Edited by Leeloo

3 hours ago, DJMikeBurleigh said:

and if possible if kicked from room...ignore should automatically be applied

No. Kick, ban and ignore - all should be separate options. I mean - ofc it's fine if someone want to use it together and it's good if it will be some combined options for ones who want to use it, but there should be theΒ way to use is separately too!Β I sometime would want to just kick person and temporaryΒ ban them from the room instead of putting them in iggy list.

With the way the game is now one needs to be on ignore list to not be able to get back into the room.Β  So unless the whole process is redone the ignore has to be used.Β  Right now we room owners use a process called "Taking out the garbage".Β  Room owner clicks on person to be booted and puts them on ignore.Β  Another person in room colds the person being banned by inviting them to their apartment, as soon as they load outside of public room the person who has done the inviting poofs and returns to the public room with the banned person unable to return.Β  It works but involves the ignore button and a second person.Β  After a time that name can be manually removed from ignore list by the room owner or not.

27 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

With the way the game is now one needs to be on ignore list to not be able to get back into the room.Β  So unless the whole process is redone the ignore has to be used.Β  Right now we room owners use a process called "Taking out the garbage".Β  Room owner clicks on person to be booted and puts them on ignore.Β  Another person in room colds the person being banned by inviting them to their apartment, as soon as they load outside of public room the person who has done the inviting poofs and returns to the public room with the banned person unable to return.Β  It works but involves the ignore button and a second person.Β  After a time that name can be manually removed from ignore list by the room owner or not.

Nice trick ;)

Yips that technique is old. Back in 17 we were doing that,Β πŸ˜‹ also fo a lil extra flave try tha old ALT F4 extra Gold deal. Most noobs crave da Treasure and ive successfully erased a number with da lure of Gold, get ya free Gold quick Nooby, ALT F4 to get eets AND POOF! 🀣 wif da ignore in place from tha Hoster dat suckA is on poyminant VacationΒ  BonvoyageΒ πŸ˜›

giphy.gif

Edited by Alliehotass

19 hours ago, chloe said:

Nice trick ;)

WeΒ  use that trick in ourΒ  clubs too and it is oneΒ  wayΒ  of handling griefers, however I cant see whyΒ  weΒ  cant simply boot aΒ  griefer while he's thereΒ  as you can in other game.Β  Β Some of the griefers are wise to this move and won't take the bait, then yourΒ  stuckΒ  with them

The room banning will be weaponized, especially if it is permanent. Just wait until players competing for social statusΒ (DJs, room builders, whatever) start banning each other. Egos and passions can flare like that.

There is already the ignore option, which works just fine. If I create a map for "no sex" and I see someone ruining my distopia by means of boning I just ignore them and BAM!, distopia restored.

Also, privacy has nothing to do with the ban, basically the game forbids your AVI to access a map, and it doesn't need to log your e-mail, your social security number and your DNA to do that. Privacy will be just fine.

I think this is a much-needed feature. As others have said, it is up to each Room Host to decide what behavior they allow in their rooms. We already have this in a way with the ability to do Group or Friend-only based room-sharing, right?Β Β 

One thing I would LOVE to see this is:

Have text stored in a file or somewhere in the game client which, if it exists, could be automatically displayed as a PM from the Room Host to each new user when they enter a room. YouΒ could also display thisΒ in the Local Chat Window but only for each user as they enter, not for everyone already in the room as it would clog up Local Chat.Β  This could be used to automatically welcome the person to the room and display any special room instructons or rules. This takes a lot of burden off of the Room Host also.