3DXChat Community

3 words for developers please :

DJMikeBurleigh

29 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

The guy doing the colding has already lost his privacy by his own actions and does not seem to care much about it.

This is such a mistake. Ill explain:  if this button can make you know some private information from ejected/banned person, everyone can do this to take this information. Maybe i am wrong, I read Mailing in this way. Your words as it is isnt a mistake, but every coin has two sides. This is really a good feature if it is safe.

Edited by ExHaran

19 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

This is such a mistake. Ill explain:  if this button can make you know some private information from ejected/banned person, everyone can do this to take this information. Maybe i am wrong, I read Mailing in this way. Your words as it is isnt a mistake, but every coin has two sides. This is really a good feature if it is safe.

no privacy issue....no private info on ejected given..just a simple button...you come into my room, and break my rules..i hit button, and blast you into some corn field somewhere never to be allowed back..simple stuff here folks, and kudos to Gizmo for listening  to the Majority :)

31 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

IF this is at all possible then colding in a room where the colder has been warned against it will soon end by those not wanting any other information shared.  TWO reasons to not harass and cause drama.

23 minutes ago, DJMikeBurleigh said:

no privacy issue....no private info on ejected given..just a simple button...you come into my room, and break my rules..i hit button, and blast you into some corn field somewhere never to be allowed back..simple stuff here folks, and kudos to Gizmo for listening  to the Majority :)

to do this, the owner must have access to some information the same as the iggy button... How many time to build something like Pandora where each user of shared room would be listed. How does it work: user to user or room -user. It is not as simple as "WE WANT A BAN BUTTON

Could we ban the owners that misbehave in the WC, the owner who have nothing to share, etc. 

Edited by MeiLing

8 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

IF this is at all possible then colding in a room where the colder has been warned against it will soon end by those not wanting any other information shared.  TWO reasons to not harass and cause drama.

If this feature is safe, I don`t mind. This feature seems good. If it isn`t safe, I am against just because of logic that includes another drama line as it was with pandora service.

4 minutes ago, ExHaran said:

If this feature is safe, I don`t mind. This feature seems good. If it isn`t safe, I am against just because of logic that includes another drama line as it was with pandora service.

Since I would not mind having Pandora back that is no concern of mine. I never used it nor was it ever a threat to me and how I played the game.

Edited by SusanLouisa
Wanted to explain why I would not mind Pandora back.

12 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

Since I would not mind having Pandora back that is no concern of mine. I never used it nor was it ever a threat to me and how I played the game.

I don`t mind trolls in any room because I dont own any room and if I own and open my room I can solve any trouble without any button. Its how I play the game.  I see people around, their wishes,opinions. They are different. People are playing games in a different way. 3dx had not less drama from pandora than any another drama.

1 hour ago, MeiLing said:

How many rooms that do not mention it? 

No cold is not no sex

@Gizmo

Be sure that the privacy of each player is respected if you add such a feature

i don't see what privacy have to do here. If i boot someone from my room, i will not have access to his/her privacy, i will just boot him/her from my room

Edited by Leeloo

29 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

to do this, the owner must have access to some information the same as the iggy button... How many time to build something like Pandora where each user of shared room would be listed. How does it work: user to user or room -user. It is not as simple as "WE WANT A BAN BUTTON

Could we ban the owners that misbehave in the WC, the owner who have nothing to share, etc. 

So if you are saying that this button must not be made because it would have access to some same informations than the ignore list, you are too against having an ignore button because it would have access to the same infos than the boot option. It's nonsense. When i ignore someone, i don't access to his/her private informations, i don't see why it would be different with a boot button. 

29 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

there is no information about a person that comes up when clicking the ignore button. I've clicked that button many times on many different people and no information (personal or otherwise) has ever come up. There would be no information either with a boot from room button, just a simple click that would kick a person out of a room

If I am correct and I think I am, the new version of Unity will stop people from being able to access the dlls, if that is the case then neither the boot system or even the full ignore would allow people to access information the way Pandora use to be able to, simple, no dll modding, no access to the information.

So another question I would like to ask is can we expect the full ignore to be returned, as it was always such a vital tool to have and so missed by many. I would even say it is more vital and wanted than the boot tool.

I dont know how DLL. connected to the server information, I know that Unity doesnt have any good protection from hacks like cheat engine. Any unity games have low protection. Maybe I`m wrong today. I am not a programmist. Everything should be testing. But in the past, exactly by hacks people was able to change eye colors, shapes and many things.

You should be able to kick/ban from your rooms for whatever reason - period. Even if you don't like someone's shoes.

Kick, ban, set moderators - SOP's, AOP's (Super Operators, Assistant Operators) should be standard setup.  Giving building rights to your property should also be included. This is all very common practice in virtual worlds, games, and IRC (Internet Relay Chat) from 30 years ago.

Edited by THX

I don't understand how a boot system would require any additional information to be exposed that is not already exposed by the already existing ignore function. 

As far as what rules, the rules would be set by the room owner.  If a room owner wants to be a jerk and boot people capriciously,  that is on them, people will stop going to that room.  But no one should feel they have a right to go to someone else's room, especially with intent to disrupt . 

20 hours ago, MeiLing said:

You don't stop telling this. It is WRONG, lot of people already told you - again and again.

NO ADDITIONAL data is required for this function. NO NEED to change or touch the ignore system again.

Since you don't stop to use false arguments I have to assume you want to keep the right to troll.

6 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

As long as Gizmo does not tell me, I have no reason to believe you. I have also reported your post as you don't seem to be able to chat without insulting people who disagree with you.

You are welcome to do so MeiLing, but where is the need to point this out in public? 

But it is a fact that lot of people even told you the technical background of this. IGNORE and a KICK need same information. This is really logic and Gizmo knows what he do so no need to spread panic that any private information gets shared or that a new Pandora could rise.

So this isn't a disagree. We can for sure discuss if such a feature is something we want or don't want, bring up arguments for and against but not use false arguments.

1 minute ago, chloe said:

You are welcome to do so MeiLing, but where is the need to point this out in public? 

But it is a fact that lot of people even told you the technical background of this. IGNORE and a KICK need same information. This is really logic and Gizmo knows what he do so no need to spread panic that any private information gets shared or that a new Pandora could rise.

So this isn't a disagree. We can for sure discuss if such a feature is something we want or don't want, bring up arguments for and against but not use false arguments.

Ignore works this way 

User 1 ignores User 2  (none of them can see each other as long as the ignore is on)

Now about a room:

How is it supposed to work

User 1 => Kick User 2 from a place 1 but they can see each other  in place 2. 

User 1 owns place 1.

That's the main difference (more if you add moderators)

What kind of information is needed to do this.? Can you be sure there will be no exploit? Should I remind you that stealing room is the big sport... So nothing is protected. And privacy before the comfort of the ones who have made the choice to open a room.

Now my guts feeling: I have visited many rooms in three years, I have always behaved and never trolled. I have never seen the kind of behaviour you are describing. It does not mean that it does not exist, it only means: "Is a new feature that may cause more bugs (we have enough of them) and possibly a problem of privacy useful".

have a nice day Chloe 

23 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

Ignore works this way 

User 1 ignores User 2  (none of them can see each other as long as the ignore is on)

Now about a room:

How is it supposed to work

User 1 => Kick User 2 from a place 1 but they can see each other  in place 2. 

User 1 owns place 1.

That's the main difference (more if you add moderators)

What kind of information is needed to do this.? Can you be sure there will be no exploit? Should I remind you that stealing room is the big sport... So nothing is protected. And privacy

Yes, I am pretty sure there is no exploit. And if you want to have an explanation how this technical works, so maybe ask instead of spread panic.

How ignore works:

Player A sends command to server: ignore Player B. And Player B as well as the messages get no longer rendered.
Player B gets info Player A did ignored so Player A and all his messages get no longer rendered.
Next time Player A and Player B login again both get the info A ignored B so the game knows not to render anything from B and vice versa.

How a kick would works (from room owner or a moderator):

Player A sends command to server: kick Player B out of the room I am owner or moderator.
Player B gets the info he/she was kicked. The game will than move him to the wardrobe and displays a message what happend.
Maybe a timer prevent Player B from rejoining. This could be implemented on different ways and is up to Gizmo.

In both cases all is needed is the Character ID. 

What this all has to do with room steeling is by the way a miracle for me.

Edited by chloe

I have been in Second Life for some years. Kick/ban is there active since always for sim owners (SL sim = 3DX room). There was never a discussion about privacy issues. A kick/ban function only needs the information every user can see today of every other user: His name.