3DXChat Community

3 words for developers please :

DJMikeBurleigh

I don't think that this is as big an issue as some people want to make it out to be. 3DX ChatΒ should boot someone who you put them onΒ ignore from your room, but that is all that is needed. I personally don't think that people who open rooms to the public should be allowed to set rules for them. What I mean byΒ that is that people who are being actually hostile in chatΒ shouldΒ be kicked from the room if the host puts them on ignore, but I don't think that host should be allowed to abuse it to boot people who are just having sex, and not bothering anyone. I kind of feel the same about colds those are simple to just close, or let time out most of the time,Β persistent ones can be annoying, but there is always ignore.Β Its not really the huge issue that some people think it is.

Edited by Niblette

2 hours ago, Niblette said:

I don't think that this is as big an issue as some people want to make it out to be. 3DX ChatΒ should boot someone who you put them onΒ ignore from your room, but that is all that is needed. I personally don't think that people who open rooms to the public should be allowed to set rules for them. What I mean byΒ that is that people who are being actually hostile in chatΒ shouldΒ be kicked from the room if the host puts them on ignore, but I don't think that host should be allowed to abuse it to boot people who are just having sex, and not bothering anyone. I kind of feel the same about colds those are simple to just close, or let time out most of the time,Β persistent ones can be annoying, but there is always ignore.Β Its not really the huge issue that some people think it is.

I don't really get the general issue with colds, you can be cold as a response. The only "cold" thing that bothers me sometimes is hugging out of the blue, but admittedly I do it sometimes when I see AVIs that sparkΒ my interest. Otherwise if it is in chat, a cold can be colded back and usually they understand and go bother someone else. If they insist I use ignore, so there still is no need for a boot function, which would basically "ignore" the individual for all the other players in the current map. Maybe he/she is there with friends or company or whatever. Boot would be overpowering. Ignore is enough.

Simply extend the ignore feature. If you in the place you opened [ignore should work like always + kick/ban from your place at the same moment] Unwanted person in your iggy and out of your room.

^as Niblette said at last post.Β 

Genius hides in simplicity.

in my opinion boot from room is needed will work like this (you click person n insta boot them till u decide to lift off the bootΒ 

Now many said that room owners might abuse this so ill say if they do they will loose people 100%Β 

Also ignore dont work very well and ill say some example that have happen to me X bad person comes to my room insta iggy me n make trouble in room i cant see said bad person and i cant iggy bad person leaves un iggy me then he do the same has happened to me

So boot from room has to work like this ( a menu that you click and show you all the visitors in ur room at that time even if they have iggy you )

then you can kick those ppl that abuse iggy system :)Β 

it will be a usefull tool for all. If wanna abuse kick from room you will find ur self alone in ur room :)Β that simpleΒ 

Edited by Aliviax

I really like reading through this post and seeing just how everyone is discussing how they feel this feature should be implemented and showing respect for everyone involved. This is how things should be done and can only help the Devs in making their decisions.

I particularly like that people are listening and considering what others have said and from that this thread seems to be sorting out the best way a boot from room system can be applied and produce the least problems.

In the past in these forums a lot of things that have needed to be considered have been lost in the mess that threads like this had often experienced. Things like keeping it simple to implement have been over run by ideas that may make things a little easier to use but involves a lot of work to add.

To add a boot feature where a room owner can kick someone out from their own room is fairly easy to add, the scripting is very much already available in the game scripting. Also as the Unity scene is hosted by the room owner creating the command and being able to keep it secure from being abused is much easier.

However when it comes to making it so others can be nominated to be able to boot from a friends room then it gets much more complicated and can also leave it open for scripting to be hijacked and used elsewhere. It goes from just simply adding scripting for a room owner to have the feature to having to do things like create and access databases, find ways where the scripting can't be hijacked and used elsewhere and having to sort out the correct way to apply it all to allow others to be able to boot from a friends room.

I agree totally with those who say we need to keep it simple for many reasons, the simpler we keep it the more likely it will be to be added and the less work/time it will involve for the devs. In the past I have noticed that things the devs have said to be a good idea and were interested in adding ended up being overdone with additions to something that was simple to start with, the devs then seemed to loose interest.

So I think it is important to keep it simple.

One thing that has come out in this thread is that if a person goes in a room and ignores the room owner then with a simple boot system the owner is not able to see the person and can't apply the boot. So I think to solve that the easiest way would be to have it that you cannot place an ignore on the room owner. Mainly the reason for that is I think it will be the easiest resolution to that for the devs to add, it should just require scripting and not need database access.

I think the options we have when we want to boot someone are "Boot from room" and "Boot and ignore", again setting up timers, separate bans and such will involve setting up databases and database access and creates a lot more for the devs to add it. Plus it is not hard for us to just decide how long we want to leave them in our ignore and remove them when we want.

It is completely up to the room owner how they would want to use a boot from room feature, for instance if they decide they want a room where there is no sex then they should be able to. There has been problems in the past where people would insist on having sex right next to people on the dance floor, some don't care but others do and arguments often would start. Often the people having sex were doing so deliberately just to piss people off. So if a room owner puts "No sex" in the rooms description then they can most definitely have a reason for the rule and to boot people from the room if they go against that rule.

As far as colds go again people have different opinions, some don't care and others do, but as far as booting people for doing so yes I can see some insisting to the room owner they should be booted. The room owner will have to make the decision and maybe could sometimes get a complicated. The way I would handle that is to see if others are saying things in local chat about them or sending me pms, If it didn't seem like they were doing it to others I would just say to the person complaining to put them on ignore. If it seemed to be someone sending colds to everyone I would pm that person and ask them to stop, if they chose to not take notice I would boot them and send him or her a message as to why.

There will be rules that room owners set that others don't agree with, but if you don't agree it's simple, don't go in that room.

So my opinion all that is needed is the following...

* Make it so the room owner cannot be put on ignore.

* Create options "Boot from room" and "Boot and ignore" for the room owner only.

And think that that is really all that is needed and the simplest for the devs to add.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Twiggy

I think if the devs want there to be rooms where sex or colds are not allowed they should just make it possible for the host to disable sex poses, and partnering, but I don't think that its a good idea for room host to be allowed to enforce whatever arbitrary rules they have come up with on the general public. If a roomΒ has beenΒ opened to the public that means it has become a public place, and people should be only held to the conduct that is acceptable in public places in 3DX.

Edited by Niblette

Pubs are open to the public in real life where they set there own rules, like dress codes and such, they have the right to ask people to leave if they don't follow their rules. If people don't like that have to follow their rules they don't go in.

It is the same here, if a room owner opens a room to the public and sets rules like no sex on the dance floor then they are entitled to do so, if anyone doesn't like that rule they don't have to go in, simple as that.

They may be open to the public but it is the room owners room, in the game it is their property as such and not owned by the public, same as any private business in real life, it may be opened to the public but is not owned by the public, and they have a right to decide how they want their own game, which includes their own room, to be how they want it.

It may be open to the public but it does not mean it is owned by the public, there are no games rules set to say what and when we are able to do in our own rooms, nor should there be.

Edited to add...

People open rooms with all sorts of rules, Futas only, women only, men only, colds allowed, no clothes allowed and so on, are you saying they should also be not allowed ?

Edited by Twiggy

Pubs are not public places they are private property, but beyond that they still have to provide service to everyone its not legal to not serve black people for example. The government makes the rules about how they can operate. 3DX does have rules about what people can do in their rooms that are open to the public not everything goes, but most things people want to boot others over aren't going to be against the games rules itself.Β I think that if host wants to make part of the game itself against the rules of the room well that should be hard coded into the game as an option that can be selectedΒ or not allowed at all otherwise its just going to make a lot of drama.

Edited by Niblette

Yes pubs are private property, but you can say the same thing about our rooms, they are ours, it may be supplied by the game but they are ours, just like a pub is to the owner. Yes the pub owner has to follow certain rules set by the public, but can still make rules of their own as long as they do not break any rules set by the public, such as you have said not allowing certain races or such, the same would go for our rooms.

But if a pub owner was to say he did not allow drinking on the dance floor then we would have to follow that rule or be asked to leave, there is no law that says that, just the owners own rule and a lot do exactly that.Β 

There is no rule in the games TOS that says we can't set a rule of no sex, or no colds and many other things, there is no rule that says we can't have rooms just for certain sexes which seems to be acceptable to many but is in fact discrimination if we go by real life rules.Β 

If we start asking for coding to be done to make it so we can set things what other things will people ask for and why go to that extent as it is not hard to put it on your room description and let people know.

The drama you are saying will be caused is already very much there, people cold and create drama already, people have sex on the dance floor right next to others and create drama, people go in rooms where it is said they only want Futas and create drama and so on.Β 

If having a boot feature does create any drama I think it will be far less than the drama that happens from not having it and in many ways will help prevent drama. If someone goes in a room where they no sex is allowed on the dance floor and they deliberately do so, like they do, they can booted whereas at the moment everyone just has to put up with them. If someone goes in a Futa only room just to cause trouble they can booted instead of all the on going drama that goes on when they cant get them out.

Β 

Edited by Twiggy

9 hours ago, Twiggy said:

There is no rule in the games TOS that says we can't set a rule of no sex, or no colds and many other things, there is no rule that says we can't have rooms just for certain sexes which seems to be acceptable to many but is in fact discrimination if we go by real life rules.Β 

And that's actually the problem and with room boot option it can become even bigger problem.Β 

One thing areΒ rules about the focus/trend of the room β€” be it some dress code, no colds, no sex or sexΒ only in special places, require to wear a mask and suit/dress, etc.

And completely other thing areΒ discriminatory rules like for example females/futas only. Yes, I know that suchΒ rooms already exist but I don't think it's fine and I also think that adding a boot from room option without adding some rules to the TOS about what is not acceptable as a room rule will not decrease drama, probably only increase one, because it will go from the local chatΒ into world chat, on forum, and like any discrimination β€” long term it will only increseΒ tension andΒ frustration in society, even if we talk about our little society of 3dxchat players. And when people will be straight up kicked for basically who they are β€” it will increase drama and agression even more.Β 

So, while in general I am up to kick option for people who missbehave, I think that there should be some limitations to room rules in TOS.Β 

Just imagine what kind ofΒ rulesΒ can make some racist fuck like this one? You think she should be allowed for example to kick all white males β€” just because it's her private property?Β Even if it's open for public?Β Β 

Dnj4frSiJ5hHRxWMhsBoCIyGAEUhALm9jpkBAEC9

35 minutes ago, Xizl said:

And that's actually the problem and with room boot option it can become even bigger problem.Β 

One thing areΒ rules about the focus/trend of the room β€” be it some dress code, no colds, no sex or sexΒ only in special places, require to wear a mask and suit/dress, etc.

And completely other thing areΒ discriminatory rules like for example females/futas only. Yes, I know that suchΒ rooms already exist but I don't think it's fine and I also think that adding a boot from room option without adding some rules to the TOS about what is not acceptable as a room rule will not decrease drama, probably only increase one, because it will go from the local chatΒ into world chat, on forum, and like any discrimination β€” long term it will only increseΒ tension andΒ frustration in society, even if we talk about our little society of 3dxchat players. And when people will be straight up kicked for basically who they are β€” it will increase drama and agression even more.Β 

So, while in general I am up to kick option for people who missbehave, I think that there should be some limitations to room rules in TOS.Β 

Just imagine what kind ofΒ rulesΒ can make some racist fuck like this one? You think she should be allowed for example to kick all white males β€” just because it's her private property?Β Even if it's open for public? Β 

I actually agree with what you have said, and I don't like seeing any racist or discriminatory rooms as well.

I have actually wondered what would happen if someone opened a room saying hetero sexual only, I bet it would cause drama even though it seems there can be any other sexual preference room open with little to no drama.

And yes it would be a good idea to have something in TOS for that type of thing, even now without the boot feature but possibly more so when we have a boot feature. But I don't think it needs to have things like we can't have a room where no sex is or no sex in certain areas is prohibited. If people want to have sex they can just simply go to their own room or somewhere that allows it.

The main thing with the boot feature is being able to remove trouble makers, and also will have people think more before creating any trouble. I have seen plenty of times where people needed to be removed and the owner could do nothing.

Yes the owner can put that person on ignore but the trouble can still go on unless everyone in the room does the same.

But yes, thinking about what might need to be added in the TOS could be a good idea.

On 9/3/2019 at 3:42 AM, Gizmo said:

This has already been added to our TODO list.

UPD: They also told me that many hosts would like to have a moderator assignment function.Β This is a good idea. Especially if the party gathered a large number of people ;)

We definitely need this.

Gizmo that's been suggested since 2015 to have the boot and be able to have moderators for rooms.Β  Some room owners get busy are had to go AFK for whatever reason by giving a friend that person when someone causes trouble in the room, would greatly reduce the issues.Β  Other games offer that function and it's been a long time to get anything close to that on here.Β  The only issue is the alts that they'll come on to keep up the trouble if they're determined.

No it does not share the users information with any other user only the system can see it and prevents them from joining back into a room for either a set period of time or permanently for the avi that's been booted.

6 hours ago, Twiggy said:

I actually agree with what you have said, and I don't like seeing any racist or discriminatory rooms as well.

I have actually wondered what would happen if someone opened a room saying hetero sexual only, I bet it would cause drama even though it seems there can be any other sexual preference room open with little to no drama.

And yes it would be a good idea to have something in TOS for that type of thing, even now without the boot feature but possibly more so when we have a boot feature. But I don't think it needs to have things like we can't have a room where no sex is or no sex in certain areas is prohibited. If people want to have sex they can just simply go to their own room or somewhere that allows it.

The main thing with the boot feature is being able to remove trouble makers, and also will have people think more before creating any trouble. I have seen plenty of times where people needed to be removed and the owner could do nothing.

Yes the owner can put that person on ignore but the trouble can still go on unless everyone in the room does the same.

But yes, thinking about what might need to be added in the TOS could be a good idea.

Β 

I dunno if your aware of this Twiggy, but the ability for a room owner to have who they want in their room has existed in the old worlds for 12+ years. If you wanna hetroΒ only room - so be it. Who is anyone tell tell you what kinda guests to their place??

If you want a room of people with only the letter "Q"Β  in their name - who only do dance 1, while starting each sentence with the word "peanut butter"... so be it.Β  'Your place your rules' has been around for a dozen plusΒ  years .Β 

18 minutes ago, THX said:

Β 

I dunno if your aware of this Twiggy, but the ability for a room owner to have who they want in their room has existed in the old worlds for 12+ years. If you wanna hetroΒ only room - so be it. Who is anyone tell tell you what kinda guests to their place??

If you want a room of people with only the letter "Q"Β  in their name - who only do dance 1, while starting each sentence with the word "peanut butter"... so be it.Β  'Your place your rules' has been around for a dozen plusΒ  years .Β 

Yes I know that there have been other games where they are able to select friends to be able to moderate there rooms, but we are talking about 3DXChat here, a game where it is really hard to get anything done. It is not impossible for the devs to do it here either but can be harder than some of the other games as it is in Unity, where the room is a scene hosted by the rooms owners computer. Plus to be able to do it in 3DXChat for people other than room owners it then becomes a command that if found, ie dll hacked and the script to execute it is copied, then it could be used anywhere. So if that happened then people could boot you from wherever they wanted. As I said it is not it can't be done, just a lot more to it to be able to and I know from being around for a long time that if it becomes to complicated the devs don't add it.

And yes I agree and have said that we should be able to set our own rules for our rooms, but, some things like in real life should be maybe put in the TOS to say we can't make certain rules that will always create drama. Having thought about it after I did my last post much of it already is covered in the TOS, like racism and such, but it may also be an idea just to change things a little just to include room rules, just to make it clear. If you look back a few posts you will see where I have been arguing much of what you have said, that we should be able to set pretty much what ever rules we want, but now agree that it is not 100% what ever we want.

You may wanna download Oasis and look into how they setup their room management system Twiggy (if it interests you). It's one of only a few good things going for it. I'm not a programmer, but they have had the ability to moderate your rooms as you see fit for about 6 years since Unity 4, and Gizmo seems pretty clever, I'm sure he can do it.Β 

There was a couple of people working on a script to sell for room moderation(when the upload scripts system was in place) that on ban, a couple dogs would drag you across the room before you were pulled out and banned. Lol

8 minutes ago, THX said:

You may wanna download Oasis and look into how they setup their room management system Twiggy (if it interests you). It's one of only a few good things going for it. I'm not a programmer, but they have had the ability to moderate your rooms as you see fit for about 6 years since Unity 4, and Gizmo seems pretty clever, I'm sure he can do it.Β 

There was a couple of people working on a script to sell for room moderation(when the upload scripts system was in place) that on ban, a couple dogs would drag you across the room before you were pulled out and banned. Lol

lol sounds fun to have such animation scene for bans hehehe

10 hours ago, Xizl said:

Just imagine what kind ofΒ rulesΒ can make some racist fuck like this one? You think she should be allowed for example to kick all white males β€” just because it's her private property?Β Even if it's open for public?Β Β 

Dnj4frSiJ5hHRxWMhsBoCIyGAEUhALm9jpkBAEC9

Well i don't support this kind of profile. Though, this woman have no reason to boot a white person from her room as long as they don't hug, kiss cheek, touch, or purple text her. (I notice the "against white" part concern only "white men". It seem she accept white women lol)

Edited by Leeloo

3 hours ago, THX said:

As I said I know it can be done and sure Gizmo can do it, why do you keep making it look like I am saying it can't be done when I have clearly said it can. What I have said is there is a bid difference between making a boot for the room owner and making it so a none room owner can do the same. For a room owner it would likely take minutes to do where as for someone else to be able to do it could be talk days to even weeks.

If you are going to reply again please acknowledge what I have said in several posts now, that it is the work involved and not that it can't be done as the way you keep replying is to say I am saying it can't be done.

I have said that history shows us that the more work involved in adding a feature the less likely we are of getting that feature, so if we insist on being able to have room moderators who can boot we would be less likely to ever see a boot system. I have also said that to supply a boot system for a room owner can be easily kept secure, it is just scripting and does not need to access the database, it is done through the room owners computer which hosts the room, meaning a lot of the information sent to who ever is in that room receives that information from the room owners computer, it does quite a lot of the things you would think the server does. That is how Unity works. Where as if you want to make it so someone nominated as a room moderator can boot, then databases have to made, more complicated user interfaces have to be made and because it then has to send a command to the server it then becomes harder to keep from hacking. If someone is able to get into where that command is, like from say in a dll, then they can possibly use that command where ever they want. Where as for a room owner the command is sent from the hosting computer and can easily be made so it can't be sent from anywhere else. This is only some of the differences, so please understand what I am talking about, it is not it can't be done, it is that it makes it a much bigger project to be able to add it.

Edited by Twiggy

Not implying anything Β Twiggy.Β  No need to be defensive.Β  Honest. I can be "quite in the face" but am not being that.

You seemed interested in the mechanics. I know they have been figured out. I was nearly pointing out where you can look it over and maybe comment on the approach.Β Β 

There are "amatures" who can do amazing things with Unity that would be kewl in 3DX. I understand 3DX isn't that type of platform interested in that, but that ability is there nevertheless.

Edited by THX

Reap wot you sow!

Each person does this everytime they are on.

Room Owners with tha abilty to Boot and Ban peeps who become discriminatory and plain mean will indeed reap wot they sow. Ah know eet will happen because eets just human nature, wilps those humans with that nature.

Granted that room owners do require tha ability to remove trouble makers but not everyone that will be removed with this proposed feature will be making trouble ah believes because tha ban button relies on tha Room Owners preferences and they vary a lot from player to player.Β 

Tha danger is that you will create a list of micro worlds where tha ability to mix freely with others and be "different" or express yourself may be crushed with Room Owners only wanting a very particular kind of person for reasons onleh known to them. To combat this other peeps will open "free" rooms where peeps will be free to do wot they like and these rooms will be most popular for obvious reasons.

Like ah said this is kind of a self destruction weapon, in tha hands of insane people eet will inevitably alienate them.

So be careful, lottsa drama to come im sure. Hopefully Gizmo will tink of a smart solution so that Room Owners can remove trouble but not become eet.

2 hours ago, Alliehotass said:

Reap wot you sow!

Each person does this everytime they are on.

Room Owners with tha abilty to Boot and Ban peeps who become discriminatory and plain mean will indeed reap wot they sow. Ah know eet will happen because eets just human nature, wilps those humans with that nature.

Granted that room owners do require tha ability to remove trouble makers but not everyone that will be removed with this proposed feature will be making trouble ah believes because tha ban button relies on tha Room Owners preferences and they vary a lot from player to player.Β 

Tha danger is that you will create a list of micro worlds where tha ability to mix freely with others and be "different" or express yourself may be crushed with Room Owners only wanting a very particular kind of person for reasons onleh known to them. To combat this other peeps will open "free" rooms where peeps will be free to do wot they like and these rooms will be most popular for obvious reasons.

Like ah said this is kind of a self destruction weapon, in tha hands of insane people eet will inevitably alienate them.

So be careful, lottsa drama to come im sure. Hopefully Gizmo will tink of a smart solution so that Room Owners can remove trouble but not become eet.

What is the drama could be created? Today, some of room owners can iggy any personΒ because of their friends(who don`t like the person and sits on owner`s ears) and iggy`d personΒ will not get to the room anymore. It will beΒ the same situation, but with feature when owners will get the tool to protect themselves and their rooms/avoid any drama from the dark side.

Β 

ÐоÑоТСС изобÑаТСниС

Edited by ExHaran