3DXChat Community

The Need For Clothing and Clothing Meshes: 3DX Devs or Community Created

THX

What is the one common denominator in the old worlds?  Clothing.

What keeps even the old worlds busy and interesting besides an economy? Clothing choices.

Why not have a clothing contest if you want to only accept what you deem good enough?

Without beating this into the ground, why not provide the UV maps for the existing meshes, create a way creators can use the meshes that already exist in game and create and upload clothing?  Why not enable a .png file so transparency can be done easily with the meshes already there?  The Skin tight hot pants for instance could be made transparent in places to make ripped and torn jeans, leggings, etc.

My two cents.

Would prefer anything not developer made would go through some type of approval quality check process, I would not mind having talented people who like to, do those things as long as developers approve some their sample work and give them permission. I don't want situation like second life where the quality leap go from very bad quality to really professional looking levels, it would kill my sense of immersion if we get really badly made items going around that practically makes your eye bleed, you know?

It would be great(just in my opinion) to get some good, accurate tutorial from Lisa(or any artist from the dev team) where step by step we can get an information like:

which method to use for multicolored objects, how to rig any clothes exactly for 3dxchat (for new people in 3d modelling), just how everything happen. 

Make a topic for this and build this tutorial together by questions from our interested artists to devs(till tutorial is complete).

Give us a link to female/male body wich used in 3dxchat. 

Some questions: Is it possible to made objects/clothes for any blender user? Any idea how to make it possible? 

Make a poll about which stuff(this shirt we want,but that shirt isn`t good)community want to see from our user-artists. Maybe a topic where artist can put any their work and community will be able to choose. 30 likes to add this work to the game.

Just an idea💮

Wouldn't this burden the engine with more different assets loaded at the same time? I keep saying it, if a room full of 100 people has a few hundreds or thousands more textures than what's supported, it could crash the game for mostly everyone. Or maybe not, but I don't see another reason why custom textures are not allowed. Or is it the "copyright issues"? Will people start using Pepsi shirts?

Edited by Whitesnake
typos

On 9/6/2019 at 4:48 PM, Whitesnake said:

Wouldn't this burden the engine with more different assets loaded at the same time? I keep saying it, if a room full of 100 people has a few hundreds or thousands more textures than what's supported, it could crash the game for mostly everyone. Or maybe not, but I don't see another reason why custom textures are not allowed. Or is it the "copyright issues"? Will people start using Pepsi shirts?

No the clothing wouldn't burden Unity anymore than it does now. The Curio and Oasis projects by Utherverse show how clothing can be made and sold in it - so that isn't a problem really.

As for custom textures, it's possible I guess Gizmo doesn't want to deal with copyright issues. However, there is a fix for even this. He could simply provide a texture pack that is free use everyone could cut, modify, recolor and do whatever with with the UV maps from the meshes he provides to be re-textured.  a couple hundred textures would not only make clothing creation fun; but if added as materials to the World Editor, would provide that many more building possibilities.

Edited by THX

On 9/6/2019 at 4:48 PM, Whitesnake said:

IMVU does it.  Nothing with logo's allowed. There is an approval process that needs to happen before allowed on the client. If logo's are found the person using them knows it is reason for immediate ban from game or right to make clothing.

Edited by SusanLouisa

I hope Gizmo and Lisa are actually reading this thread,  the clothing choices suck!!  you can not change the color of the jeans anymore and all we have gotten the last year or so is one dress that looks like you are wearing a garbage bag. It really can't be that hard to give us more clothes I mean shit   Thrixx ChatRoulette has better clothes than here and many more  choices to boot  and that is sad because this game is way better in every way  I left there to play here in 3DX  years ago but am completely disappointed in the lack of clothing updates

how about some sneakers for the girls  

make the ugly green top hat white and  give us the color wheel to change the color

I don't care about making my own clothes  I want the developers that I pay to play this game to start making better choices with there updates   not everyone here is a talented builder  

GET US SOME CLOTHES ALREADY !!!!!!!!

I'm sure that the Guys agree their choices are just as bad ! 

6 minutes ago, Nicci said:

I hope Gizmo and Lisa are actually reading this thread,  the clothing choices suck!!  you can not change the color of the jeans anymore and all we have gotten the last year or so is one dress that looks like you are wearing a garbage bag. It really can't be that hard to give us more clothes I mean shit   Thrixx ChatRoulette has better clothes than here and many more  choices to boot  and that is sad because this game is way better in every way  I left there to play here in 3DX  years ago but am completely disappointed in the lack of clothing updates

how about some sneakers for the girls  

make the ugly green top hat white and  give us the color wheel to change the color

I don't care about making my own clothes  I want the developers that I pay to play this game to start making better choices with there updates   not everyone here is a talented builder  

GET US SOME CLOTHES ALREADY !!!!!!!!

I'm sure that the Guys agree their choices are just as bad ! 

If you can add 100's of textures for building u can add textures colors and some good prints for our clothes. I love 3dx is NOT a good print. I agree builders seem to get all the attention!!

As much as we women complain about the lack of clothing we have, the men are even more neglected in that area.  Some actual swim trunks would be nice. A Tuxedo, a suit that a tie can be worn with.  Socks even. I am sure the men can contribute more to the list than I can.  And from now on when adding an item to either the men's or women's wardrobe include the color wheel!!

Edited by SusanLouisa

On 9/17/2019 at 9:10 PM, THX said:

I hope Gizmo focuses on Clothing and Skins now.  The avatar is now the weakest link in 3DX. Not that it is bad, but that it is simply under developed.

I AGREE SO MUCH!!!!  More variety in being able to create different looks for women and men is BADLY needed.  The room editor can create wildly different places but we need many, many more clothing options or that elusive clothing editor.  PLEASE!

18 minutes ago, THX said:

A few new clothes really isn't enough. It should be a massive amount to catch up until they get a clothing editor of some type in game. I'm thinking like nearly 100 outfits for each would be a good start. It should be a major update imo.

I agree!!!  I'm thinking we all feel like we wear the same things everyday for months at a time no matter how often we change. And...for the record women LOVE to wear earrings and rings.  Why doesn't the marriage package include rings?  And I get that many women could wear a plastic garbage bag and look stunning but that does not mean we actually WANT to wear a garbage bag.

Edited by SusanLouisa