3DXChat Community

Thank you for improving Forum. It does seem much better. Unfortunately I was unable to see where to post for queries to be addressed.  

So I opened this to ask...

1. Signatures -  Are Signatures no longer allowed?  They made forum very colourful before and some were very witty, wise and some downright dirty. But they were fun to see and read. If they are allowed, how do we re-add them?

2. Please do not remove the fun silly games. I appreciate that some may think they are pointless and spam but... they are a fun way to encourage members, especially new joins to post and to learn to negotiate their way around the forum topics.

They are also a good way to make friends and again see the witty sense of humour of members. Please allow them and re-open the one you closed -  Change one word.

3. Is size of pictures when posting in a topic limited and if so what is the maximum allowed?  Some pictures have been distorted.

4. Are the number of likes still limited or has this silly limit been eliminated? I was never sure of the point of the limit.

5.  Has the forum now been opened to new members again?  Is there any limitations when their / our subscription ends?

6. Do we have to have our forum activity and friends on public view. Can we hide this from public view?

I'm sure I or others will have more questions.   LOL. 

Same as Vaughan's above, PLUS:

7.  Cover Photo - Size limit?  And if so what is it?

8. If I ignore a member are they now truly ignored/blocked now?  Another words they cannot opt to see my posts despite their being ignored.

9. Can we search for members and if so how?

We would have asked in your topic announcing the new format, but replies are not allowed.  I hope you do not have 1000 new topics asking same questions now.

I don't like this new forum... 

We can't change the color of what we write with a color palette like in the old one, we have no more signarure, in some topics we don't even have to possibility to reply... Only bad points. You should have stay in the old one, anyway devs was posting there only to anounce stuff one hour before launch it. 

25 minutes ago, Leeloo said:

We can't change the color of what we write

Not true at all :)

26 minutes ago, Leeloo said:

in some topics we don't even have to possibility to reply

Probably bug due to forum engine update.

26 minutes ago, Leeloo said:

Only bad points.

Only good points. Prettier, smoother and more secured comparing to years outdated software.

21 minutes ago, Leeloo said:

Other question, what is the use of the option "leaderboard" ? another useless option ? What are the points in it ?

Also, why the option "go to first unread post" dissapeared ? 

Bring back the old forum...

We had leaderboards in other format as well.  I don't see the problems you speak of.  We can change writing style.  It is just going to take getting used to.  Things are in different areas, called differently.  Just because Vaughan and I have questions does not mean we think its a bad update.  Would just have been nice if we could have asked them in the thread started by Gizmo.  I also don't think the fact we couldn't was a glitch.  I think it is a choice made by the administrator not to have negative commentary. I don't think questions are negative.  

When I used the "go to first unread post" my screen always froze and was of no use.  I won't miss it.  

And it seems you found way to bold to your text to adapt to your writing style.  Yes, no option for color,  but again, I'd much rather have a smooth running program than one that takes forever to load.

5 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

We had leaderboards in other format as well.  I don't see the problems you speak of.  We can change writing style.  It is just going to take getting used to.  Things are in different areas, called differently.  Just because Vaughan and I have questions does not mean we think its a bad update.  Would just have been nice if we could have asked them in the thread started by Gizmo.  I also don't think the fact we couldn't was a glitch.  I think it is a choice made by the administrator not to have negative commentary. I don't think questions are negative.  

Don't mock me, you didn't change the writing style you just turned on the itallic and bold options, but where are all the Segoe print and others Comics WO MS styles ?

18 hours ago, Leeloo said:

Don't mock me, you didn't change the writing style you just turned one the itallic and bold options, but where are all the Segoe print and others Comics WO MS styles ?

Mock you??  Yes I hit italic.  Your point? Look I am not going to argue with you.  You need color to make your writing colorful.  I am entitled to my opinion just as you are to yours. Enjoy your anger. I hope it keeps you warm.  I prefer to look at the brighter side and appreciate the upgrade.  Thank you Gizmo.  We will all be a little lost for a bit while learning it but I am quite content with it. 

Edited by SusanLouisa

me i just think i will stop to write on this forum. With no difference between wrintings it will just looks like robots wrote in it without any thoughs. Plus, it will be hard to handle and with missing options compared to previous forum which was waaayyyyyyyy better.

And the question is why did devs change it at first ? They come in the forum once every 3 months since they show future developments only in telegram.  The one posting them here is alivia lol

9 hours ago, Vaughan_Rarius said:

Thank you for improving Forum. It does seem much better. Unfortunately I was unable to see where to post for queries to be addressed.  

4. Are the number of likes still limited or has this silly limit been eliminated? I was never sure of the point of the limit.

Seems there is still a limit.  Not sure what that limit is, but I just received that dreaded 'Sorry you cannot react any more today' or something to that effect.  ugh. 

10 hours ago, Vaughan_Rarius said:

3. Is size of pictures when posting in a topic limited and if so what is the maximum allowed?  Some pictures have been distorted.

Yes, we do indeed now have a limit to picture size.  "Max total size 191.98 MB"

10 hours ago, Leeloo said:

how can it be only good points ? we can't even select our writing style or put our signature.

Signatures feature is still present, just disabled by default so it's up to Gizmo if he'll allow them back.

Writing style? At most of forums you can't even write colored messages as those features are usually reserved for administration only so I'd say you've more freedom here in case of writing style than anywhere else anyway.

And about coloring what we write, it's funny to just anwser "not true at all" without explaining how

Because that feature is right in front of eyes looking 1:1 like font colors editor in every generic documents editor (like MS Word as example) so explanation isn't really necessary...

font-colors.png.0c4cd2313438d391c4b5e6df7252ac00.png

Also, why the option "go to first unread post" dissapeared ? 

Still here, just working slightly different so it's taking a while to get used to it.

unreadcontent.png.4d115643f26b8c52daaf5ef7a9370d61.png

Bring back the old forum...

It's literally the same forum engine, IP.Board... just updated to the newest version. So none of 'missing features' are missing, they're at best just disabled by default. Why? Ask devs...

Forum is looking better, working smoother and as usual with software updates it's more secured so I'm not sure why you're complaining. That was a good move just like switching game to 64-bit client with huge focus on performance and security.

1 hour ago, StellaXOXO said:

unreadcontent.png.4d115643f26b8c52daaf5ef7a9370d61.png

I

this option only bring us to the UNREAD TOPICS. I was talking about the UNREAD POSTS. By exemple, in a topic with 2000 posts, in the old version of the forum there was an option to jump dirrectly to the first post we didn't read yet. Now we need to remember in which page is this post and we have to search it manually.

231535418_unreadpost.png.189c7a7e74666980cab1627c07c685bb.png

Seriously. You're complaining how old forum was better even tho' it's the same forum engine with just a fresh look. Is it really so hard to discover everything again? They're busy with creating new content for a game. Slow progression but still progression. Don't expect tutorials for each time they'll update this software because there are a lot of them available already via web. You've clearly stated in the footer what software is used for forum. You can simply google "First unread post invision powerboard" and you'll find answer in first result.

I'm really not surprised that devs aren't active much here if even so simple change may create unnecessary drama. You've full rights to have and express your personal opinion about this change of course but before complaining at least check if something really isn't possible.

I think the maximum "likes" limit is 50.

Can this be limit be withdrawn?  I'd just like to "Like"  whatever post I want to "Like" without restriction.

Also my email was going barmy as it seems some email notifications cannot be toggled in my forum settings. The Administrator has disabled a couple of things from being switched off -

If Someone comments on something I follow, I receive an email

and when I receive a message in forum PM, I receive an email.

This is not appropriate for my circumstances.    I have therefore had to unsubscribe to stop these emails.  Can the toggles be allowed so hey can be switched off in forum settings?

Edited by Vaughan_Rarius
Additional point added

I'm totally on your side LEELOO! and you're absolutely right by saying we can't use anymore the ROMAN style or whatever letters style we had in the other forum version.I can't no longer post any videos since new changes too, and that fucked me up!

Edited by Briana

Well, after a couple days of getting to know our “new” Forum, I’m feeling more comfy, less a stranger.

There are things I like and don’t… as is the case with most change. Wishing some features were left alone while embracing others. Though at first it looked and felt foreign to me… the more I plodded along, adjusting settings n filters, the more I began to recognize. Not as “different” as I thought, just lots of rearranging n name changes.

The things i LIKE:  😊

•  Most importantly… our Forum is once again open to ALL, registration no longer suspended.  yaaaaaay
  • ATM, it is behaving better… no long queues or load time
  • The additional “LIKE Tag” features… Laugh, Sad n Confused. But where is the “Thumbs Down” don’t like tag?
  • The additional emojis
  • The Enhance / Condense content feature

Things I DON’T like:   ☹️

• The “enhanced” Leaderboard and “Points” system. Yes, I know LIKE counts were here before, but not presented as they are now… like some popularity contest. This change worries me most, preying on the worst in US. I hope it doesn’t destroy US as it did in Achat. The good thing… it’s assigned its own tab, one I won’t be opening again.
  • Our “new” Profile page layout, YUK, what happened to my status update? No longer appears in my profile or my name when hovering my curser. Though a small feature… it was a personal one allowing me to share my mood for the day. Now it appears gone. 
  • Loss of our “Siggy” line. Why?  

Things I have yet to figure out:  🤔

• Is it a “Friends List” or has it changed to a “Followers List”? I no longer see an invite / accept setting. This is confusing to me. I take my friends seriously, its not just a list of names. These are peeps I PM and stay in touch. If I no longer have a choice in who Follows ME… then OK, no worries. I know who my friends are. BUT, if it is a “Friends List” where is the setting? Before I have more peers I have to PM… explaining why I am kicking them out of my Friends List, making me feel like a Bitch. Which I’m NOT. 
  • Why have some threads been deleted and not others. Why delete Change One Word but not Silence? Why delete any? Why is one thread more important than another? Isn’t that up to each user? This makes NO sense to me and has obviously upset many in our community…  😢  As for calling these threads SPAM? I happen to look at just about everything that enters our Forum halls and I can tell ya there is LOTS of off-topic spam in just about all the threads in here. So be careful what ya call SPAM.

Lo0ks like Stella addressed most of the text formatting issues, not sure why Admin decided to remove the Fonts option but since I tend to use MsWord, unless posting from my iphone, it's not an issue for me. I found the old Fonts too confining anyway so I do all my writing n formatting there… then cut n paste to Forum. i like options. 😉

But would like to see if I can help Briana… I see her video posts have all changed to links instead of remaining intact within her post. While i don’t seem to have this problem… all mine are OK.

So, here is what I do for them… which my Lady Andrea taught me:  😊

I simply cut n paste the entire https web address from the upper tool bar directly into my post. An viola…. works every time n easy too.

Example:

Avicii - Addicted To You

https ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc9c12q3mrc

Now with the space removed between https and address

Hope this helps ya and brings a BIG 😁

Well, gotta get back to work. I owe, i owe... its off to work i go. CYA

Edited by Kaitlyn1989
It's my OCD, the "correction" Queen. Can't spell or type... its one of them.

Kait, I agree completely. 

I post my videos the same way.

The games?  Gizmo was going to delete Silence too but we were able to write responses on that thread prior to deletion and managed to save it.  We tried to save the other two by commenting where we could but it was not heard, or at least or wishes were not granted.  The worst fall out from this is that Ali and Mei have chosen to leave the forum over it and as a result our forum is forever changed in other ways besides format.

The way the friends list works now is indeed a disappointment. 

I too miss my permanent status and signature.  And the tiny round profile pictures are not a positive in my book either.

Edited by SusanLouisa