3DXChat Community

Build 393 - Can't Save/Load World Editor Files

DireTeddyBear

• 2 weeks later...

I am also randomly experiencing problems with saving my home to a file (looks like it’s more likely to run into these issues when storing/loading those files using network drives, but happens as well using local drives).

I tried to do the following to get rid of this:
            - Set Filebrowser.exe as exception in my Virusscanner
            - Set an exception for Filebrowser.exe in the Firewall
            - Set an exception for FileBrowser.exe in Acronis Active Protection
            - Set 3DX to start with Admin Privileges (not possible for Filebrowser / Patcher though)

Might be, that after these changes the misbehavior doesn’t happen as often anymore – but it still does.
I also checked on 2 different machines, the behavior is the same.
There is no difference between creating new files or overwriting existing ones.

If this happens it partially takes few seconds until 3DX responds again (3dx kind of freezes), the file then either isn’t saved at all or it shows up at the destination only after I again select "File" ==>" Save to file" – but no need to actually save a file.

Loading of a file partially doesn’t work at all either.

If a file operation fails completely an Application Error and a .NET Runtime Error is logged by Windows / in the Windows Event Logs (Application Log) at the same time:

The Application Error says:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-10-06T08:23:06.158126200Z" />
  <EventRecordID>5219</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>WSCH</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>FileBrowser.exe</Data>
  <Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
  <Data>b7b6cada</Data>
  <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>10.0.18362.387</Data>
  <Data>0ebfb165</Data>
  <Data>e0434352</Data>
  <Data>000000000003a839</Data>
  <Data>18c4</Data>
  <Data>01d57c1f407a2e13</Data>
  <Data>C:\Games\3DXChat_27\FileBrowser.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>6d3ee351-dc00-4a69-82ae-2ba3a488f166</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
  </Event>

==========================

The .NET Runtime Error says (Translations below):

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
-
<System>
  <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-10-06T08:23:06.092265800Z" />
  <EventRecordID>5218</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>WSCH</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
-
<EventData>
  <Data>Anwendung: FileBrowser.exe Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319 Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet. Ausnahmeinformationen: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException bei System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.ThrowIfFailed(Int32) bei System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetDataObject(System.Object, Boolean, Int32, Int32) bei System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetText(System.String, System.Windows.Forms.TextDataFormat) bei WindowsFormsApp1.Program.StartFileDialog(System.String, System.String, System.String) bei WindowsFormsApp1.Program.Main()</Data>
 </EventData>

</Event>

Translations:
Anwendung = Application

Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.

=
Description: The Process has been terminated due to an unhandled exception

Ausnahmeinformationen:=  Exceptioninformation

bei = at

Additionally the reliability Monitor shows the following (I manually translated inline):

Description:
Path of the faulty application: C:\Games\3DXChat_27\FileBrowser.exe

Problemsignatur

Problemereignisame:   CLR20r3
Problemsignatur 01:    FileBrowser.exe
Problemsignatur 02:    1.0.0.0
Problemsignatur 03:    b7b6cada
Problemsignatur 04:    System.Windows.Forms
Problemsignatur 05:    4.8.4001.0
Problemsignatur 06:    5d37b3a8
Problemsignatur 07:    a30
Problemsignatur 08:    14
Problemsignatur 09:    AMAG3AACMAWG2XAF344U21ACVE5PSTKL
OS-version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48
LocaleSchema-ID: 3079
Additional Info 1: e76f
Additional Info 2: e76fb0eea15111219f07381710c48b89
Additional Info 3: a15d
Additional Info 4: a15d1064abdce3bd72fd83db3c6d3278

Additional Info about the problem
Bucket-ID: 24681393ba71eb4b0916c357afe93c00 (1807847081816701952)

Please forgive me this huge post - I don’t know any more what else to do – if more or more specific information is required please let me know…

Edited by Babette

Thanks for taking a look into this Mikey!

I did run a full DISM/SFC cycle - things are reported to be good. Same applies to a chkdsk /f - all clean.
So what remains are a 4 Visual C++ redistributable packages - both x86 and x64 - no idea which installation did bring those along.

Honestly I am pretty scared of simply trying to remove  them and try to reinstall - not having any idea what else might be impacted then.

Seeing the same behaviour on 2 different machines, 3 installation, one just 1.5 months old I am also having a hard time to not link this to 3dx - especially as the event log also states Filebrowser.exe being the faulty application - being terminated due to an unhandled exception...

Just for additional Input / as feedback:

I basically now tried to install 3DX on a blank Win 10 Pro installation (1903 Build 18362.387) - no Visual C++ redistributable package there.
3DX itself doesnt install any C++ redistributable package either.
Despite this I still happened to run into exactly the same errors as above (once out of a couple of trials).

Based on this I am having a really hard time to believe in a linkage between the 3DX behaviour and the Visual C++ redistributable packages existing at other installations. 
I hope you agree that under these conditions a reinstallation of these C++ packages (at the other installations) doesn't look very promising either.

Nevertheless - really thank you so much for your efforts to sort out this issue!
Having reported a bug I hope the Devs will take a closer look as this seems to affect multiple users...

Edited by Babette

Further feedback as I couldn't help but gave the uninstallation and reinstallation of the Visual C++ redistributable packages a try as well:

Apart from the fact that finding the latest package versions wasn't really easy for me (although the link Mikey shared above was a great starting point) the outcome was sadly no breakthrough.

I did try saving and loading Home files, after I had uninstalled all Visual C++ redistributable packages (with subsequent reboot) - but faced the same errors again (although it took some time).

Afterwards I reinstalled the latest versions of the respective Visual C++ redistributable packages (with reboot after every installation).
My first impression was that that this could indeed have made a substantial difference (despite I wouldn't have been able at all to explain, why having those packages installed should be better than not having a potential culprit around).

Nevertheless the same error occurred again - only difference seemed to be, that - after the reinstallation of these Visual C++ redistributable packages - (still) failing 3DX file operations led less often to the errors as shown above - but they still show up...

To me the really odd thing is, that this behaviour / these errors don't show up in any predictable way.
Partially things work well again and again - just to fail repeatedly the next time - pretty frustrating....