3DXChat Community

Not Able To Type/Chat on 392

danididit

• 3 weeks later...

I've been experiencing this a lot recently, guess I'm taking too many photos.

I will say this, I've actually fixed it by holding down a letter key for a couple of seconds.  You'll then get a string of that letter, but you just backspace it away.

Hitting enter a few times sometimes helps.  No one solution ever seems to work all the time.

On 8/27/2019 at 2:30 PM, danididit said:

This didn't happen all the time but has anyone had an issue with not being able to type/chat in the chat window even though it's active? I wasn't able to a few times and the only way to fix it for me was to reload whatever room I was in even after hitting enter several times

This is a comon bug in 3DX. To solve it, nothing easyer. Press enter repeatedly around 10 times then you will be able to write again.

Other common bug, profile not readable: Open and close your profile untill it appear when you can't see it (though have 5% chances to not be solved and to need a relog, but it fixes it generally)

On 8/27/2019 at 1:35 PM, Aliviax said:

No problem here so far.

Sometimes when you install stuff they don't sit well.

You could try Uninstall clean registry(important)

Install again

Have fun

How do you clean the registry?  I seem to have a few problems that others aren't experiencing.

I searched online about registry cleaning and it seems to involve buying special software.  I'm not sure that's something I want to do, so I wondered if there was another magic little 3dx  way?

Also, are the new flying cam controls supposed to now involve pressing WASDQE with one hand, the right hand mouse button with another hand, and my dick with another?

I don't seem to have enough hands and so one of them has to give.  Is this now how it is supposed to work by design, I really can't understand why on earth it is necessary to press the right hand mouse button when we didn't used to have to do that.  All joking about a third hand apart, I am genuinely finding the Flying Cam hard to work with now even with just two hands.

Maybe I am not understanding something?

Edited by Leopardus
Typo corrections

4 hours ago, Leopardus said:

How do you clean the registry?  I seem to have a few problems that others aren't experiencing.

I searched online about registry cleaning and it seems to involve buying special software.  I'm not sure that's something I want to do, so I wondered if there was another magic little 3dx  way?

hey you can clean registry using free software like CC cleaner or advance system care from iobit that has many tool like the unistaller and other tools like clean junk etc :)

both are free

personaly i use avast clean up premium not free tho but u can use the above i said .

many times when u unisall programs n games some stuff are left behind that u have to clean either manually or with the help of a software 

Hope its helps :)

Thanks for your advice Aliviax...I can only try I guess.  Maybe it will also fix other problems I have with 3dx like the laptop overheating, and the regular crashing I still get if I switch to another app for more than a couple of minutes - problems I had for months.

On 9/18/2019 at 9:45 PM, Leopardus said:

be careful with the registry... There is no need to clean. If you needed to clean 3dx registry, you should use this:

47 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

be careful with the registry... There is no need to clean. If you needed to clean 3dx registry, you should use this:

CCleaner has option for cleaning not only your cache but also registry.  It is free.  I clean my registry each time I delete or upgrade a software program as the deletion still leaves files behind.  It will provide you a list of files recommended for cleaning and you can skip any you feel uncomfortable about.  I have never had an issue with 3dx after cleaning registry or cache.

On 8/27/2019 at 8:30 AM, danididit said:

This didn't happen all the time but has anyone had an issue with not being able to type/chat in the chat window even though it's active? I wasn't able to a few times and the only way to fix it for me was to reload whatever room I was in even after hitting enter several times

It happens to me usually in my own room when I have my music on. It can be very intrusive when in the middle of things one has to re-invite their partner because the chat doesn't work.