3DXChat Community

3DXChat 2.7 (64 bit) Build 392

Lisa

wow new patch! new stuff!! (of course nobody asked for them) I still waiting for the hair and clothes editor that Mr Words Words Words showed to us month ago also even with the new patch I can't save or load outfits or rooms, come on for once do something right! 

21 minutes ago, Enio said:

wow new patch! new stuff!! (of course nobody asked for them) I still waiting for the hair and clothes editor that Mr Words Words Words showed to us month ago also even with the new patch I can't save or load outfits or rooms, come on for once do something right! 

Check out this thread.  Basically you need to go to your anti virus, de-quarantine  filebrowser.exe from your games installation dir , and then allow it to run 

Good decision to go from the rare big updates to the smaller, but more frequent ones. I were pleasantly surprised by update. Not a big builder myself, but new lights were helpful even for my humble home. And I already can imagine how much new good stuff some experienced builders will make using new props to all of us to enjoy. 

22 minutes ago, Enio said:

I still waiting for the hair and clothes editor that Mr Words Words Words showed to us month ago

You think hair and clothes editors are fast to develop things? Ofc it will take time. Or they should not have showed it before it's ready? Well, community actually were ASKING devs to show progress and keep us informed. I guess some people like you will be bitching no matter what lol. 

3 minutes ago, Xizl said:

You think hair and clothes editors are fast to develop things? Ofc it will take time. Or they should not have showed it before it's ready? Well, community actually were ASKING devs to show progress and keep us informed. I guess some people like you will be bitching no matter what lol. 

That was like 6-7 month ago... I have been here only for over a year but so far I know poses and clothes editors is something that community have been asking for year, of course devs add some small crap and there is a handful of ass kisser that celebrates it, just saying.

3 hours ago, moondance said:

Check out this thread.  Basically you need to go to your anti virus, de-quarantine  filebrowser.exe from your games installation dir , and then allow it to run 

Did not work for me. Still stuck on unzipping.  Even when run as administrator.  Anyone else have any suggestions?

PS:  And yes, I turned off my firewall and restarted computer.

PSS:  So this I find odd.  I was able to load the new patch without issue on my pc.  It has all same programs and settings as my laptop, but laptop still refuses to allow the patch.  I attempted deleting and reinstalling, cleaning cache, and it still will not load.  I guess I will wait patiently for the patch to be added to the actual game download and try again then.

Edited by SusanLouisa
To add the PS.

15 minutes ago, Enio said:

That was like 6-7 month ago

Oh, really? 

Clothes and hairs systems teasers – 3 months ago.

18 minutes ago, Enio said:

I know poses and clothes editors is something that community have been asking for year

1. If it was asked for year – it does not mean that work on it goes for year. Maybe it is, maybe it's not. 

2. Maybe they actually working for a long time on this stuff, you think it's fast and easy for the small team of developers, probably 2-3 people, to make clothes, poses and hair editors? And don't forget that while they working on this stuff – they also should work on the regular updates. 

On 9/13/2019 at 2:04 PM, MaryBi said:

when the patch comes out? )

Next patch is here with new update 15 something days after previous update a new possitive record for 3dxchat :) with some new build mats awesomeeeeeeee directional mesh lights and new building textures +  new poses 

you rock lisa n Gizmo n rest team :)

24 minutes ago, lMAXl said:

the beginnings of the spot light  ! can't wait to see spot light like the one gizmo have made for public room with possibility to chose color and what it's show on the wall / floor

I only had time for a quick look at the spotlights but I was able to change the colour of the lights by selecting it and then using the colour palette like you do for materials and objects.

Now I think about it I have no idea if you could do that with lights previously, never tried.  I only tried with these because the screenshot of them showed different colours and I thought it was worth a try.

Being able to have them move and throw shapes on the floor like they do in the old nightclub though would be cool  :)

12 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

Did not work for me. Still stuck on unzipping.  Even when run as administrator.  Anyone else have any suggestions?

PS:  And yes, I turned off my firewall and restarted computer.

PSS:  So this I find odd.  I was able to load the new patch without issue on my pc.  It has all same programs and settings as my laptop, but laptop still refuses to allow the patch.  I attempted deleting and reinstalling, cleaning cache, and it still will not load.  I guess I will wait patiently for the patch to be added to the actual game download and try again then.

DId you also unblock patcher.exe  that could be the problem on the lappy. Unless it is caching the zip file/data somewhere odd and the broken zip unpack is blocking new attempts. 

I one time found i had to install into a brand new dir (called it like games64)  to get around a similar issue. 

7 minutes ago, moondance said:

DId you also unblock patcher.exe  that could be the problem on the lappy. Unless it is caching the zip file/data somewhere odd and the broken zip unpack is blocking new attempts. 

I one time found i had to install into a brand new dir (called it like games64)  to get around a similar issue. 

I cleaned my cache after deleting so no not getting caught up.  I don't know what the issue was but after deleting and install I let the unzipping sit there for 3 hours and it finally worked. lol It took longer for the patch than the whole game.  I really don't get it. But thanks Kait!

On 9/16/2019 at 2:55 PM, Enio said:

Not entirely true maybe for stuff like some the new shapes, but the building materials was asked for I know because I have been asking for it and many others put likes to my post about. So stop complaining just because everything added isn't what you personally wanted, the new materials textures are great for making urban areas without having to over spend on objects since you can make make bottom buildings with door props and windows and add the textures on above the floor base. Saving half dozen object from being added to make background and urban landscape props this is good for everyone doing city themes.

My only regret is they didn't add a couple store front bottom textures too that we could use at bottom of buildings, or object already textured with bottoms for buildings that doesn't take up many objects either.

Think these texture will be used lot for city apartment window backgrounds and for things like back alleys or urban areas rooms, so thanks for that Gizmo.

Edited by KimmyFox

On 9/12/2019 at 4:36 AM, Xizl said:

Last update gave a lot of stuff 3dxchat players wanted. New client with much improved performance, new poses, new gifts, many Rochi's dll's feautures as an default game option. And also some pleasant stuff like new weather and water. If you personally do not want it – it does not mean no one or majority did not want it.

I just love how you totally glossed over my post and dissected it to your convenience. how is any of this helping any of us that are having problems. I did ask for a solution to my problems not a  spiel on how wonderful the new update is. And yes there are many things I do like and then there are more problems such as not giving us an option for 32bit or 64 bit, some people do not know how to format their computers and some of us do. Did we think of that?  also I preferred Rochi's dll and now where are all those features you praise so highly? We all count not just the majority ok.  I guess you have nothing else to do but troll around here picking and choosing whom to rant to. When I get an answer as a customer I will gratefully accept it.

To anyone wanting to use their old character files in the new 64-bit build, you simply need to open the .dat of the outfit you want to modify in a text editor. Add an f (female) or m (male) to the very top line of the document and save. Then change the file extension to .avatar and you should be able to load the outfit into the new version of the game.