3DXChat Community

3DXChat 2.7 (64 bit) Build 392

Lisa

Alivax...eliminate the thought of 32 from your mind.  I am asking if 64 bit beta can see those on 64 bit non beta.

the answer is again no as i said test 64 n 32 is on same server new 64 is on another server so new 64 and test 64 is 2 different worlds thus NO :)

What I *DID* like most was that the update was not forced on anyone like all it's predecessors, giving everyone the choice to install or not .. the main problem with that is, well, the 3DX population will be / is split.

Except it has been forced on us.... Anyone here hosting a gig or a party will be FORCED to switch to 392, whether they want to or not, or face the prospect of having a very empty room. There is no choice... I am extremely upset that we are having this matrix imposed on us... Several people here have nailed it with their comments that real issue here is not 32 v 64, or coding, or mods... it's communication and the failure to listen, time and again, to the players here. It's the people here, the community, that makes the game. Please start listening to us and respect the freedom of the individual. That freedom is so important ...many players here seek it because they don't have it in their real lives. Please don't disrespect it...None of us play this game for "thought control" but to get away from it!

Lisa if you could please answer this question I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.  As for Alivax I've no reason to try anything again.  I have upgraded and I have no issues either.  Sorry if I gave the impression I was having a problem.  But I DO have friends on the BETA 64 BIT that may chose to wait a bit before upgrading so they have time to save their builds etc.  So.  Again.  Lisa?

changed from .dat to .avatar

So what I am hearing is if I change all the file extensions on my saved outfits from .dat to .avatar I can load them in the 64 bit system?

OK so I upgraded to 64 bit logged in and was able to save the outfit I was wearing, but when I tried to load an outfit from 32 bit game after I changed extension to avatar I get "cannot load different gender" So am I stuck with rebuilding all my outfits? or is there a way to work around this problem?

Except it has been forced on us.... Anyone here hosting a gig or a party will be FORCED to switch to 392, whether they want to or not, or face the prospect of having a very empty room. There is no choice... I am extremely upset that we are having this matrix imposed on us... Several people here have nailed it with their comments that real issue here is not 32 v 64, or coding, or mods... it's communication and the failure to listen, time and again, to the players here. It's the people here, the community, that makes the game. Please start listening to us and respect the freedom of the individual. That freedom is so important ...many players here seek it because they don't have it in their real lives. Please don't disrespect it...None of us play this game for "thought control" but to get away from it!

What I meant was way more basic than that. I was merely talking about the "OPEN 3DX" , OH UPDATE!, DAMN! .. Didn't have time to do this or that prior!

The rest of the implications I agree with you.

OK so it says I need to install the 64 bit version in a different folder, but how exactly do I do that? does it just mean make a new folder named 3DX64 put the download in it and run the install? or is there more to it than that?

go to --my pc--click ..on hardsik C:/ ..create a folder ..maybe ..games 2 ..start instalation ..a window will apear..there you browse to your created folder (C:/games2) click instal..thats all

The precision tool in world editor doesn't seem to be working since I updated the client. Whenever I change the numbers for an item's position, not only does the item not move, but the number just snaps back to what it had initially been.

Well, so far, the only gripes I have are these: No full beards like what we could have, thanks to the custom DLL. The freecam operation is now pretty annoying, because of having to hold down the right click to get it working, and I definitely hate that I can't see my friends if they log in on the 32 bit client.

I think it's a great update.  64 bit is much easier on my computer.  My fan does not run at high speed any more.  The spank pose...ty Giz.  The new camera is awesome in that we can adjust the speed when flying!!  There is much I have not yet explored but so far we have both enjoyed and have no complaints.  As always I am sure there will be a few glitches to work out but I have not found any yet.  

Well, so far, the only gripes I have are these: No full beards like what we could have, thanks to the custom DLL. The freecam operation is now pretty annoying, because of having to hold down the right click to get it working, and I definitely hate that I can't see my friends if they log in on the 32 bit client.

The beards have always been garbage and required hacks to be more than peachfuzz.

Not like there have every been any real updates for dudes...would be nice to have a few options that weren't just blurry fuzz.