3DXChat Community

Merge from file

HugoHugo

Depends where you placed it. Could be like a mile away from your other project you merged it in. Or ended up in the floor, a wall or what ever ^^ Better place some shiny floor tile blow it that is bright so you find it more easily on the map.

With 32bit version is an easy way. Open your file with an object. Place camera close to it. Now don’t change position or direction of camera and load your room, where you want to place this object. Don’t move or turn camera. As next merge your object. Your camera should be still on your object.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all-

I have the same question. I am using a helper that creates text files (.world files) to make creating text faster. But once I create and save them, and then try to merge them in my home world I cannot find them. 

Any one understand what I mean? I'm new to world editor so please forgive my noobness!

Also, if anyone has a video of working with merge file that would be great!

jaz

here is how i do to merge any object correctly.

1- load the room you want your merged object in and cancel all props. (save your room first if you didn't do it first) This will let only the landing spot at the same location it is in your room.

2- load the object you want to merge in your empty map

3- select your object (take care that its fully selected. If it's not, select all the things of the object and use the tool to glue them together) and move it close to your landing area and save it in your computer.

4- erase the object and load your map, then merge the object in your home. It will appear at the last place you saved it: near your landing area.

Ps: when you have only the object in the empty map, it's useful to cancel any unnecessary wall :)

Edited by Leeloo
added the Ps