3DXChat Community

Why so many ‘Grand Openings’?

Derai

Just interested to see what people think about the fact that there seems to be a ‘Grand Opening’ of rooms almost every single day, but in general most of those rooms never actually return.

I also saw the same person have a Grand Opening for a room one weekend, and yet another the very next weekend again. For a different room.

Why not just open the room you Grandly Opened last weekend?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Well I guess now some people pay others to make rooms or import rooms from other 3d software they want to show off their latest creation/purchase - nothing wrong with that. 

Inasmuch as rooms only cost you time - or the fee you paid somebody else - I see no harm in a room never re-opening and simply being replaced with a new one. In a way it's nice to see people trying to out-so each other or open better rooms. My only dream is somebody opens a small room!

Of course plenty of rooms do re-open. 

well the ppl that derai means for grandopenings is very obvious  :D

Some people think that a grandopening will bring them more ppl in their room so they do grand openings :)

if they were new ppl its to be expected but for older ppl still do that means ''you count the heads in ur room'' n its very obvious  :D  :D 

But hey they are paying customers so let them grandopening even everyday if the xgold cash flow  :D 

You make good points here.

I just think it’s funny and maybe even a little sad to see some of those (sometimes awesome) rooms get a Grand Opening, and then disappear forever.

I also think the Term itself, Grand Opening, is being overused maybe?

You see it so much that it basically becomes meaningless.

I have mixed emotions. On one hand it is exciting to see new rooms. Especially those whitch are made with great creativity and efford. To see them vanish is really a pity.

Some rooms though were obviously made for one "Grand Opening", so I actually won't really miss those much.

On the other hand I like rooms which do not change a lot. Even more, if they open rather regularely. It is like it is becoming another living room and feels familiar. Often it is also the same audiance there, so the ppl become familiar too.

However, I can't say what I prefer. It is mainly a mood thing. Therefore, I am glad there are both options to choose from.

Grand opening is over used for one time rooms. Me, personally I like opening one time rooms and then using the bits for other places in a new way. But truth be told some rooms are worth opening once and getting deleted. Personally I make a room and tend to be bored with it by the time it is done. So a grand opening status put with the room makes no sense for a one weekend room to me. As for the amount of people, when I make rooms, I have less then 10 whose opinion mean a lot to me. The rest are just bonuses, those few tell me the truth, either I did it or I fucked up. 

There was a time, where someone, let's call that person ... A.... made grand openings every time! You should ask that person :P

ahaha gulty as charge  :P thats why i give my 2 cents here n share what i have learned the 2 years im here.

It would be so incosinderate of me if i didnt shared here what i have learned  ;) 

i did many stuff here now i have settle down in my strip club  even tho i build tons of room i dont open them ,after ur 1st year u get bored the parties n that constant dj spam.

So now i preffer chill not to mention hosting a room the way i do is so much energy consuming welcome here hug there ...so lil chill :P 

But hey game is evolving now ppl use dancers  :D .

Dont get me wrong lol ppl can do whatever they want as long as they pay  :D 

Thank you xanar for that lovely reminder n flashback to fond stuff but in the past now we have a new generation of ppl  :D 

Lil granny Alivia...hahaha preffers quite stuff now  :D 

"Grand Opening" is probably used as much as the terms "I love you", "Futa", and "Cold" in 3DX. Most of the time it feels like they are setup with the purpose of attracting big numbers.

"Grand Opening" is probably used as much as the terms "I love you", "Futa", and "Cold" in 3DX. Most of the time it feels like they are setup with the purpose of attracting big numbers.

Give them time soon they will get bored doing that n continue to other stuff

3dxchat has way more stuff to do than constantly doing parties openings n djin  all it needs is time to discover for their selfs :)

My own opinion is that a good room is like a bar or cafe.

Doesn’t actually have to BE a bar or a cafe, but rather a place that is fun and familiar.

Things can change in the place, but small changes.

Specially if the changes have a story behind it that the regular visitors Know.

It makes the Room feel alive.

In 3DX here it’s often like you go to a sports bar, and the next weekend the same place suddenly is a Gothic Nightclub.

Which can be a good thing, if you crave new things every night.

I myself just like a bit more familiarity.

The Divas group I’m with works on this principle too.

We vary our venues a bit, more Beach fun during Summer for instance.

But it’s only something like 3 different designs we alternate between.

And people seem to like it.

By the way. Thanks for the replies here, it’s insightful to hear different opinions on this subject.

My own opinion is that a good room is like a bar or cafe.

Doesn’t actually have to BE a bar or a cafe, but rather a place that is fun and familiar.

Things can change in the place, but small changes.

Specially if the changes have a story behind it that the regular visitors Know.

It makes the Room feel alive.

In 3DX here it’s often like you go to a sports bar, and the next weekend the same place suddenly is a Gothic Nightclub.

Which can be a good thing, if you crave new things every night.

I myself just like a bit more familiarity.

The Divas group I’m with works on this principle too.

We vary our venues a bit, more Beach fun during Summer for instance.

But it’s only something like 3 different designs we alternate between.

And people seem to like it.

By the way. Thanks for the replies here, it’s insightful to hear different opinions on this subject.

I agree with this.

It seems a waste to me to build a great room just to use it once.

A better option would be to build a room where you have sections you can change, like add a strip area or change the strip area, add new art work and such.

My opinion is build a great room, open it often, make sure people have fun and build its reputation so people have a familiar place they can hang and meet.

You do that and you will have people looking to see if you are open no matter where you fall in the list.

• 2 weeks later...

"Grand Opening" will always be words there splits people..

I can understand people there use these words. If they have build a new room they are proud of and want to show it to public, and then have planned some kind of party there. and then they want to use "Grand Opening" for there first party there. 
I can't see the big problem there, because the fact is. It is a Grand Opening.

So the other case is they might keep use these words is another story, and there my view is different. But i guess it's the same for these people there use "Sex" "Orgy" "ALL OK" etc for there room name(s), and then it's a hide out for do a dance party, and just want as many to join there rooms as possible. Other wise i can't see why use these words, and not just call the party after what it really is.

But yes as Alivia say's.. They pay for there game, so they do what ever they feel, like and want.. 

I agree with this.

It seems a waste to me to build a great room just to use it once.

A better option would be to build a room where you have sections you can change, like add a strip area or change the strip area, add new art work and such.

My opinion is build a great room, open it often, make sure people have fun and build its reputation so people have a familiar place they can hang and meet.

You do that and you will have people looking to see if you are open no matter where you fall in the list.

This is one option. But it is up to everybody how to handle it. 

So let ppl call their parties GRAND OPENINGS or ORGY or COLDS OK... or whatever is legal and follows the 3dx rules.

• 1 month later...

Depends how cynical you want to be to decide which of these answers is the one. But there's no one answer... probably a mix of them all:

Some people most likely do a grand opening each week in order to attract big numbers to their rooms and it's like... comics... they realized a few years Issue 1's attract more people, so now there is a surprising amount of issue 1s of things that don't need it. But I feel that what's more important is loyalty. I'm primarily a DJ, not a room builder (which I do on the side). I want a loyal crowd to know I open always a certain day and time and come back and come back. And I think this has more value to me than big numbers. These people have become my friends, understand what I do, and it's kind of lovely and warm. I would always keep the 10-20 loyal visitors that stay all night than get 50 randoms attracted by the shiny thing.

But my purpose is to DJ in an interesting way. To love music and attract those that love music enough to cope with the random stuff I sometimes play. My purpose is not to show off my rooms, regardless of the pride I take in them.