3DXChat Community

SammyRay

FREE Bandlab Software Introduction

This is online free version from Bandlap DAW (Digital Audio Workstation).

Covering On PC, Mac even iPad, iPhone or Android Tablet & phone :lol: :lol: :lol:

By registration at Bandlap (instant web link).

If you'd like to try it with your internet browser, Google Chrome is 100% compatible with it.

You can record your Voice, edit Audio track, MIDI compose with notation.

Even put lyric for each song to build your own Karaoke.

There's only one missing with this software: Time Unit ruler + Grid for precise Audio Editing.

There are tons of Audio FX built - in plus 72 Music Genre Loops !!!

Also adjustable Key, BPM and Beat Signature too.

Important note: For who has Gibson's Sonar Cakewalk software.

Bandlap software will provide migration to be "Cakewalk by Bandlab" automatically.

And also it will gathering entire plug ins like DX, DXi, VST, VST3 or VSTI from your computer too.

This was my screen capture whilst playing with Google Chrome online. Sound Quality ain't bad at all.

It's the best start and it's FREE.

yrR9b42.png

Good luck, DJ

Next free apps from Native Instrument, TRACKTOR DJ2.

I don't have proper INFO about it but it's fit for any iOS :) :) :)

Of course, it's free (I'm not sure about Android or PC stuff).

I've got free version cause I own TRACKTOR DJ console & TRACKTOR Pro 3 software.

I don't have time to do hands-on & review ATM.

But it's a bit better on precise cue, hot cue mix and flux option than Bandlab.

NI is one of the best Audio Compositing software for DJ, Music Producer and etc.

Why don't try it for free if you had iOS devices?

Check these out before you go for free download...

Follow NI instruction, may be registration is required. Click following link...

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/dj-software/traktor-dj-2/

Let me know if it works, cheers DJ

It's free and available for iOS, Windows and Mac right now :)

And it is a really great entry level DJ software, together with Native Instru­ments Traktor S2 MK3 (~ 250 €) it is a great deal to start with Djing.

If you can stretch to one, get yourself acquainted with NI “Maschine”. The hardware can be pricey but for a starting point there’s the software version for iOS. Great way to get into composition and production

(For impartiality, other products and vendors are available :D)

Fantastic kit to use alongside Traktor or any DJing software of you’re inclined to add that little bit extra or even compose from scratch.

Please correct me if I was wrong.

NI Maschine is the perfect pad for DJ or Musician's live venue.

Which called EDI (Electronic Digital Instrument in Music industry, not Electronic DATA Interexchange).

Here's some sample from Singaporean girl; Claire Lim aka Dolltri!ck (ex Best of Berklee College of Music Student).

Ableton software and gears seems to be better than NI Maschine, to be honest with you.

Both of them need time to learn,practice and setup, including with Musical Knowledge.

I'm not reaching to that stage yet :) :) :)

P.S. Check Neon Vines performance.

She played with iPad + small Roli Block and MIDI keyboard.

That made me no hope to race against Millennium Kids.

This is very useful & basic explanation about Digital Audio Sampling & Bit Rate depth for us.

And this is not a Rocket Science :D :D :D

P.S. I used Audio Mastering Render at 44.1KHZ/24 bit rate since 2016.

When replace Numark NS6 DJ controller (16 bit rate max) to NI Traktor S8.

S8 could do 48KHz bit rate but it's useless for publishing to Audio Streaming service.

It's deserved for live session.

Mixcloud is limited to 500 MB space for each set in average of 1 hour set.

Unfortunately, Shoutcast streaming don't support any 24 Bit audio sampling for our in-game party too.

The best I could do both was only convert my set to 16 Bit on Apple lossless CD m4a (192 kbps) instead.

For sure, it's better than 320 Kbps CBR MP3 file & Full stream 512 Kbps with OPUS format.

Don't let sampling rate of above Lossy Audio files fool you. Apple m4a format took huge space than others.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

For NI Traktor Pro software owner, this is very cool stuff for you.

Their latest Version 3.2 has more option to tune harmonic mixing with pitch.

And it will make your DJ work like walking in beautiful park on your SAT morning.

Of course, less head scratching while Djing too.

:P :P :P

• 3 weeks later...

This is not new apps intro but I wish I could have this DJ Denon DJ Prime 4

Check its features. It supports Serato, Traktor Pro or even Pioneer Rekordbox playlist.

One CON: I've noticed is glare touchscreen display, you may need custom anti-glare sticker applied on it.

I have the MCX8000 and seriously thinking of a trade in.

DJs I know who have Denon decks swear by them. I love

I use mine RL with the integrated serato software and using VDJ for online streaming and mixing.

So far they’ve handled everything I’ve thrown at them and then some. Each to their own with brands but the Prime 4 is fantastic for the price!

It's good for non-musician DJ. Max of 24bit CODEC good for performing LIVE session but not for DJ re-production.

No MIDI interface with this console. S/N ratio is acceptable.Tons of USB ports for Thumb Drives and 1 TB SSD/SATA drive bay (optional).

It's quite tough for me to see Vertical Display cause I used to do Horizontal display for almost DAW software.

Of course, with reasonable USD 1,700 price tag and cheaper than my Traktor Kontrol S8 a bit (USD 1,990).

It's worth to have it.

• 3 weeks later...

In the next few weeks, Apple will release a new Operating System: MacOS 10.15 Catalina.

Please make sure that your existing DJ software or any apps you purchased support it.

I've got email from Native Instrument that they're working new patch for new OS at the moment.

For your information,

(Posted date 10 SEP 2019)

sammy.gif.e287cd48d85ec615f4fd7c0cbba2b56e.gif

Edited by Sammy

5 hours ago, MikeyDee said:

If only all software vendors were this considerate eh? ;) 

Another reason why I’m loyal to NI. Exemplary customer support. 

Ni is always support their customer, I once had problem with Windows 10 update (not sure if it was build 1903).

It was a nightmare that I couldn't use entire NI apps for couple of monts and Microsoft removed that build.

Without any explanation.

Last time I've got help from customer support about my HP AIO 24 that couldn't run NI software.

It took 3 weeks to get right answer. It was AMD graphic update driver.

I had to download genuine HP/AMD graphic driver and removed AMD auto update driver off my PC.

And their software revive again...

Bizzare? YES. 😄 😄 😄

Edited by Sammy

Precaution for own CentovaCast Broadcast. Now everything works like normal, FYI

I've found massive Audio Quality drop there since 18 SEP 2019 which was co-incident with new patch of this game released couple days ago.

It's  not 3DXChat Faulty but from CentovaCast provider which now gradually better but not good as it used to do.

Theoretically, Standard of Internet audio file is CBR 128 kbps for sharing worldwide but I'm HD listener.

So, my Radio Server is CBR 320 kbps Broadcast. Which is close to standard like main Audio Streaming provider but I have a tiny space & listener limit. 😄 😄 😄

At this time if you guys would like to broadcast your set through the game. Should do OPUS audio conversion format instead.

It will help and I guarantee that sound quality is better than CBR 128 kbps for sure (less punchy if compared to 16bit Apple lossless m4a format).

Link to download LameXP Audio conversion, click here

P.S. OPUS audio format is new format of Ogg-Vorbis that support entire internet streaming & audio playback software but no cover art in MetaDATA.

sammy.gif.c40a8afe3bb3d2922ed3964b17bd5293.gif

Edited by Sammy
Update INFO

I'm still curious about how Neon Vines could play small instrument like a Pro.

Well, this is about making your set with additional dubbing melody and FX.

If you're musician I recommend ROLI Seaboard Block, kinda like expansion-able like LEGO stuff.

Max of connecting this gears together: 6 units. Moreover, you don't need any cable connecting with these gears.

Just connect them together with built-in magnetic right side of the unit. OMG 😁 😁 😁

It's very handy for first start & expandable. Not like a crazy ROLI grand (limited edition) with prize tag USD 9,000 in 2013.

Each unit cost around USD 300 which is quite reasonable price.

Here's a review from John Ebata, Keyboard Manager: Cosmo Music Canada.

P.S. For Ableton DAW don't support with ROLI MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression) yet. But soon.

sammy.gif.07831cb1b4f757c31908269868182e0b.gif

Edited by Sammy

• 3 weeks later...

The best DJ software starter: Mixxx. It's free & tons of cool options.

Mixxx is widely cross platform software MacOS, Windows even LINUX (Ubantu).

Do not under estimate this free software cause it give more features.

Compared with favorite free DJ software like Serato DJ Intro or Virtual DJ Home.

Which has limited option like MIDI, Quantize, Playlist, SYNC, FX packs  and etc.

Mixxx gives you all for free!! Including with 64 sampler decks to play with.

mixxx_200_deere_skin.thumb.png.ee8654221498a2fbe9818f2645f5efe7.png

I think this is the best free DJ starter for your first gig. There is limited software support (fair enough cause it's free).

But there is Community Forums and proper Manual, WIKI information available.

See Full Feature of this software, click here.

Mixxx Download page click here (If you thought it's useful for you, please help Donate).

Also, it supported some of DJ controller, HID interface and instruction of MIDI setup, click here

Let me know if it fit you, Good Luck.

965762456_Sammysmallsignature.gif.66055f4521cc2f1237cf181c6d3ee226.gif

Edited by Sammy

• 3 weeks later...

Free Cool Audio Plug - in for Mastering with Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) Software.

I've found cool website that offer free Audio Plug-in for mastering with DAW today.

It's support both of PC & Mac Operating System which provide enough basic stuff for beginner.

Like TDR Kotelnikov plug in that bundled all necessary dynamic processor with powerful HD dynamic range.

There are 9 preset for free software version and can be upgrade to GE (Gentleman Edition) which giving more options.

Price range of GE version start from 50 EUD each but it depends on how far you'll go with DJ/Mix Engineer career.

Those plug-ins are good enough for me this time, I just want to buy only OD De-Edger software with 100 EUD price tag 😁😁😁

If you owned Protools, StudioOne, CuBase, Logic, Ableton, Fruity Loop, Sonar, Reaper DAW software and etc.

If it supported VST/VST2 or VST3 plug-in (both of 32 or 64 bit O/S), you're good to go.

I've tried TDR Kotelnikov plug in with Reaper DAW for Mastering my latest mix set, ain't bad at all.

Threshold knob is very useful to adjust level to match max LUFS for upload to internet stream services too.

Trust me, even if you're under max LUFS that match streaming service like YouTube, Apple/AAC, Soundcloud, Spotify, Amazon, Tidal and etc.

The biggest issue is Max True Peak value which is the most difficult part of EDM genre to publish with them. This plug-in helps.

If compared with buying Youlean Loudness Meter Pro, TDR Kotelnikov is worth buying for mastering your mix set.

And it's easier to adjust on the fly to various Audio Streaming service restriction today.

According to Digital Mixing, anything that equal to 0dB is taking risky. The safety zone is limiting to -1.0 dB.

Not an old school Analog Mastering which prefer to +3 dB for boost Rock Music, it's obsolete today.

240012696_VSTTDRKotelnikovforDAWmastering.thumb.png.a47cf3fa56ae8a6b46d38fa91bd9f397.png

Moreover, you can find 2 more free Audio plug in too. They're TDR Nova & TDR VOS SlickEQ

See more information and download, click here.

P.S. No matter what how good of gears you have, trust your ears.

Good Luck,

1750966293_Sammysmallsignature.gif.93fc7b77e8e0e913214d9d436d1a6808.gif

Edited by Sammy

• 1 month later...

It’s about 3 months of trying to win big problem of Mixcloud Mastering broadcast: "Max True Peak".

Chloe & me used Reaper DAW and also have Pro YOULEAN loudness meter 2.0 for real time analysis.

Here’s a cool free TDR Limiter 6 DAW plug in from Tokyo Dawn Records, click here.

P.S. There are both of Mac & PC version.

Full version cost 50 EUD but you guys can get Free DEMO version with timeless but limit of advance options.

Please check attached my setup pic how to control Max True Peak. It must be at least -1.0dB for your safety zone.

For Integrated LUFS setup will be based on Max LUFS of each providers.

This case, I chose between -7.0 to -9.0 Integrated LUFS on Mixcloud broadcast.

However, I still have -0.1 db uncompressed WAV file for Live Party.

1064784100_MixcloudTruePeaknLUFSsetting.thumb.png.26a24c0a1131beea7df7613871411ed8.png

Good luck, DJs

Edited by Sammy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 1/23/2020 at 2:35 AM, stacii said:

I spend most of my time on youtube / spotify hunting for music

Both of them have tons of music, genre and etc for you to go. I agreed with you.

I sometimes playing YouTube "Relax/Meditation" playlist as bedtime lullaby all night

But I'd never took any YouTube song for my audio mixing content (I don't have YouTube Music Premium Account).

It's OK for everyone who wanted to download music from there but will limit only 128 kbps streaming + less loudness.

And keep them as personal music, not good for re-distribution over streaming music, even your personal Radio Server.

I have Premium Spotify account that has better option to download audio content from them.

Here's a tip how to get original audio quality from artist/recording provider at Spotify (@ 07:15 minutes playback time).

Good luck, stacii

Edited by Sammy

Don't panic with Big Mixcloud DJ if you had big guts.

Trust me, some of them are tricky with number of followers that made you hesitate to upload your mix set.

I've found some of them had +5K followers that nobody followed those accounts. Check them first.

If you're free account Mixcloud DJ like me, please beware of "Select" and lil "Blue Star" mark aka Pro buyer.

Avoid to compete with them.

You'd never won them at all, 'cause they put money to Mixcloud.

Even a clown DJ will win the game... It's their rules.

Check this out, there were 3 Pro & 2 Select players above me but I'm racing with them.

Giggle, I'm crazy Sammy 😁😁😁

1576606624_SampleofMixcloudoption.thumb.png.de78b1f6df3549f0b5c5db1015af518b.png

Mixcloud made wrong path about creating "Select" & "Select Follower" option.

Cause "Select" players annoyed common member by posting their set 24/7/365 if you're following them.

Good news for "Select Follower" buyers, they'll have unlimited download entire mixes from Pro DJ there.

About promoting your single set with 50 USD. It won't work this time.

Cause Free DJ membership couldn't set continuous playing whilst "Select" option was started.

I'm sure that Mixcloud will have a big trouble with this.

With all of my respect, Please don't go to big arena if you're not ready, guys.

Just choose small genre competition (which big DJ jumped to play this game too but less numbers).

Otherwise, your best set would be disappeared in a big black hole of Mixcloud.

Good luck, DJ

Edited by Sammy

• 2 weeks later...

Introducing DAW plug-in from Izotope, Ozone 9.

Even if its price tag was not cheap but I've found my mastering session become easier than before.

There are many option for you to choose; start from cleaning your audio content.

Tweak it to either modern setup or old school tune, it's also provide boost/cut vocal, drum & bass option as you need. (+/- 5.0 db).

Without any harm to restrict LUFS limit but to be honest with you, Ozone 9 don't handle well with True Peak issue.

I used this try-out software for each audio content before mix-down my set this time.

And I will finish it with TDR limiter 6 for control True Peak to be under -1.0 db.

Ozone 9 software price starts from USD 129 - 499 (Element, Standard & Advanced bundle).

You can download this full function of Element software in 10 days evaluation (Try & Buy).

You should have Digital Audio Workstation software to get Ozone 9 (at least, to get an audio rendering file).

It supports following DAW:

Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9–10, Pro Tools 12.8-2019, FL Studio 20, Cubase 9–10, Nuendo 10, Wavelab 9

Sound Forge Pro 13, Sound Forge Mac 3, Studio One 4, REAPER 5, Reason 10, Audition CC 2019

Premiere Pro CC 2019, MASCHINE 2, Komplete Kontrol, Bitwig Studio 3, Final Cut Pro X.

Download link press here

You can check its feature here from following YouTube and more..😁 😁😁

Here's my first tryout with Izotope Ozone 9

956033454_IsotopeOzone9vsTDRLimiterTruePeak002.thumb.png.c4e4aa46c1ad6884aed8a28e5d25e0af.png

P.S. For TDR limiter 6 GE (Gentleman Edition) has no expiration but you must jot down what did you do with your last session.

Cause it will go back to default setup when you resume your work .Which it's totally fair for free user.

Good luck, dear friend DJs.

Edited by Sammy

• 1 month later...

Guys, please don't call yourself "DJ" on your Avatar name here.

It will mislead everyone  that you're real DJ joining this game.

So, Don't quote about "DJ" Dictionary + definition here.

It's an obsolete re-act, Old-Timer. We're Boring...boo.

I'm not expecting to see any "Troll" comment with DJ knowledge forum here, please.

If you thought you're awesome DJ here. Why don't go to real world challenge?

Like Senior players game did: SoundCloud, Mixcloud, VirtualDJ or even Bandcamp?

I'll wait you there...and will support if your set was hit me, for sure.

I did DJ mix for 5 years, same time with this game at Mixcloud, Thank you to my old friends,

Myszka, DjMegalon, Mr.Ash & Archilles and more. Who found my small ability how to mix stuff.

Thank you very much for supporting me on 3DXChat.

To be honest with you, Our cool DJ were fading 3 years ago.

They created cool mix set and I followed them since Day1 I joined this game.

This YouTube may be useful for you if you wanted to create you set yourself.

If you had dreaming of being Pro DJ in the future (I'm not). Must see this.

Again, please don't copy other's creation and claim as yours. Thank you.

Edited by Sammy

Some good news for DJ & Music Creator,

The legit " Ableton Live 10" was released free trial for 90 Days.

317847037_FreeAbletonlive10.thumb.png.b34f07de7fb0e2dba45ec11290df4a57.png

Ableton sofware is quite complex & having lot of learning curve but it's the best for both DJ & Pro Music Recording artist too.

It's an entry level that cost around 99 USD (and up to High End price at 749 USD).

Download is not a problem, just registered this software with your e-mail. 

Be patient during software set up, it take time to configure software to match your gears. 20-30 minutes.

This software is speaking with almost DAW control surface, MIDI instrument including with both of Analog & Digital stuff you have.

During we're being trapped at home, why not try this? 3 months is worth to learn & try. It's free, anyway.

Click this download link

Be safe & strong, guys.

Edited by Sammy

Warning Note

About Mixcloud, please don't try cheating them by hacking apps.

If it involved with my Genre Competition. They will be busted by me 😁 😁😁

337883412_cheater02edit001.thumb.png.bdefcf0168996dce8c9e3a215cfcc46e.png

This guy 's just started of being DJ but not playing nice. I found his/her set was flying above me in a blink with "Electrohouse" competition.

I kept on digging previous STAT set of this player for whole weeks of MAR 2020 as following pic.

235594974_CheatPlayer_AccendingForceedit001.png.f370488d27e86fdef38e6df90d1f66e9.png

There's no Cinderella's story here in Mixcloud. This was the stupid move, burning money and got nothing.

I reported this to Mixcloud Support and they took action in less than 24 hrs.

Thanks to COVID19 pandemic that making moderator having much more time to bust this cheater off the grid.

Unfortunately, This player's account still existing with Mixcloud but I'm sure that he/she won't do this again.

Another co-incident of Cover Art with "Trap Mix" competition. 😁😁 😁

899979917_TrapMixRankupdate.png.967ab85f1f4211861cdaf8a7ee2015c9.png

P.S. I'm not such a snitcher but I'm protecting my own yard.

Take care everyone,

Edited by Sammy

• 3 weeks later...

Another Clown DJ at Mixcloud

This evening I was surprised again by another Cinderella DJ who was flying over me & grab my first rank of "Trap Mix" competition.

I made report to Mixcloud Moderator and his set should be removed like above DJ who cheated at first week of APR 2020.

He was away with Mixcloud for 10 months and having only 603 followers but look about his magic thing he made.

It was less than 24 hours to rip off my first place in a blink. With STAT of having 2 Favorite list and 3 registered players listening to it.

I don't know how he made other 1,184 ghost listeners from?

Only Famous DJ like Afrojack, Armin Van Buuren or Martin Garrix are no doubt to get large listening number.

But absolutely, not him.

😐😐 😐

2145312290_Cheater0013dx.png.acd46cf97ede7dd841b3b59ba1530707.png

752764052_Cheater0023dx.thumb.png.be18a00a0a39adbfbbe47bb45f3ae89d.png

1823536767_Cheater0033dx.thumb.png.34c8a526b60ec07bee190e7d774b491e.png

• 1 month later...

Another cheater bites the Mixcloud dust

Last week I made user report to Mixcloud due to an unacceptable manipulation. This player is Mexican DJ who publishing Japanese “Harajuku Radio” set there. He’s never put a single Japanese word in his description, that looks oddity, with 21 Followers and joined Mixcloud Community more than me (5 years +).

I’ve found this dude when I posted my last set with “Electro Pop” hashtag for small competition cause my set involved with +40 Mixcloud DJ & Creators running "International Behçet's Disease Awareness Day" collaboration to share within Mixcloud Community and their Social Media channel.

His entry of 13th Radio set was released on 21 MAY 2020; started with 409 listeners STAT (NO Mixcloud fans listening). His rank climbing became obvious cheating. On his second day, listening STAT went to 699 whilst only 5 Favorite and 3 Re-post from Mixcloud users. He reached First Rank by magic. It’s impossible to have such listening numbers through Social Media channel like; Facebook, Twitter, WordPress or other providers when having very low number of Mixcloud in his circle (21 followers).

It took 3 days of investigation due to my report was sent on FRI night and Mixcloud staff took 2 days off. Finally, Mixcloud removed 14 of 20 his show on following Monday. Lucky him that his account still active. I post this result to share our friends who’s boring with Mixcloud management in the past. They’re really serious at the moment.

666937387_CheaterMixcloudUser001.thumb.png.4db0be4f5a61571d2991b564a44ebf70.png

872524108_CheaterMixcloudUser002.thumb.png.89333acb9bfc46abd1984c71878f0ed2.png

1171383460_CheaterMixcloudUser003.thumb.png.ebadc4c0ddc71938cc6c2234615ca1eb.png

1590947584_CheaterMixcloudUser004.thumb.png.865d62b04fb174fb50260cfd114502bc.png

1986216435_CheaterMixcloudUser005.thumb.png.a11a356334df9db85fd0bda12033a682.png

Edited by SammyRay