3DXChat Community

Streaming Problem

Nique

Hey all you smarter than me people...

I have been fighting with getting my stream working...I have followed MarkFour's blog http://fourmark.blogspot.com/?zx=f3c6a7af429b421a..done the test with media player to listen to stream... i can hear my stream thru 3dx radio in my room But visitors to my room cannot hear my stream. What have i done wrong? or haven't done.

Leeloo is right about the need to pay now for your stream to be heard publicly.  It didn't used to be that way a long while back, but these days it's now a requirement (at least with myradiostream).  I'm not using winamp any longer, but yes, once you pay it will work properly.

I concur.

Myradiostream a few months ago changed it's policy. Before, all the stream urls were public(which is what you need) and they've changed to PRIVATE for non paying customers.

It's still very cheap to stream music though even though i dont use their services anymore .. their servers are reliable and give you 192kbps quality.

You can use your own computer with icecast. no need to pay

Only if you have a Gigabit Connection cuz the amount of traffic you get from like only 5 people listening to your stream is massive. Just saying.