3DXChat Community

Access to the forum

LaylaK

I recently made a new friend in game. I wanted to contact her off game on the forum, but she tells me she can't access the forum because sign in is disabled.

She wrote support and all she got back is a message that they are working on it, so she tells.

She subscribed with the xmas offer, as did many of us, meaning that devs are working on it since more than 4 months without it getting fixed ????

I think this is not fair to all those that subscribed recently. They should have the same possibilities as older players that have a forum access.

And it's definitely a handicap since new players can't send off game messages to others.

This should be in Tech Support and a message to the Moderator Team.

Does it really matter where it was posted? I think her point is valid, that it has been some time since registrations were disabled, wasn’t this pending an update to the forum software? This hasn’t been forthcoming suggesting the devs have other purposes in mind. I don’t really want to speculate but it is a very effective way to prevent people who misuse the forum from making new accounts to continue their activities. It is a shame that the result is that new, legitimate, members are now unable to join.

They cleaned up the forum from trolls.  As a result they are being careful and there is a screening process done on each application to join the forum.  When they say they are 'working on it' they mean working through long list of requests to join.  Many have said the same thing and if she is persistent her request will be accepted.  If she just applied then they have not been working on her request for four months but have just started.  You might pm Gizmo with your concerns. Just be aware it is not just her but many going through this same thing.  

In my opinion should it just be possible to register a Forum Account with already existing Game Account Email Address :)

This would help to reduce the troll Accounts and it would be still possible to have a communications platform for Members...
The Access to read in Forum could be still available for all.

This could Fix many problems but of course not all because the same kind of trolling like in game will still be possible but the Moderators could deal with it.

I think there's a legal issue here...

With the Xmas promotion, I paid 58,33 € + 12,25 € VAT = 70,58 €

For that, I got my subscription to the game and a login to the forum.

People that did the same thing, paid the same price this Xmas 2018 only got game access. Doesn't seem right to me...

I think there's a legal issue here...

With the Xmas promotion, I paid 58,33 € + 12,25 € VAT = 70,58 €

For that, I got my subscription to the game and a login to the forum.

People that did the same thing, paid the same price this Xmas 2018 only got game access. Doesn't seem right to me...

The forum was always free for anyone to join, there has been lots of people join the forum that have never played the game.

Some have joined just to ask questions about the game before subscribing to the game.

Well it was always free to join, at the moment no one can.

There is meant to be a new forum coming, like a new better one, but who knows.

The forum ended up with to many people doing the wrong thing and making multiple accounts to do so, so I think they aren't letting anyone else in because those people will come back making multiple accounts and do the same.

Hopefully they will sort it out soon, as it is not fair on new people wanting to join.

• 2 weeks later...

I fear Phoenixsong is correct, our forum is no longer growing, au contraire… our community is shrinking. :o  Yes, our forum has been nice n quiet :)  pretty much drama free but at what cost.... what of all the new lost voices, unable to speak....  share their stories. Such a steep price for peace. :(  

Who else would notice?

This subtle change in forum

Who else is like me?

Wired for details

Unable to look away

Never to forget

Our Forum peeps peaked

At One Nine Six Six Zero

Mikado… the last

But since suspended

Now at One Nine Six Five Three

Losing Seven peeps