3DXChat Community

[Tutorial] Private Radio Stream Feature

Chilles

I just download VirtualDJ7 but may have associated over a Shoutcast server ???

But don't forget, with VirtualDJ7 works this only for 10min as a Demo function, stream unlimit works with the Broadcaster version.

But it's good for a test how it works for you :)

VDJ 7 use then your PC and internet as Server, with all the needed resources.

And it multiplies your upload for each listeners!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest SayaX

I run Mac OS X and after some trial and error I think I have came across the easiest and best solution using Nicecast (briefly mentioned in the video above). The one problem with butt is the sound quality is not as a good as Nicecast. Butt sounds like a one speaker radio, also in butt it picks up all system sounds.

Nicecast is streaming software and will allow you to stream a specific application so by default iTunes, but you could choose Spotify or a browser like Safari or Google Chrome. Personally I prefer iTunes because it has more powerful up next playing features, whereas Spotify is still quite limited in allowing you to delete stuff from up next.

Nicecast is a free download with one restriction. After one hour noise will be layered over the top of your stream. You can just reset the app every hour to get around this or buy the $59 licence key for the full version which if you use it a lot will soon pay for itself.

Step 1:

Download Nicecast from https://www.rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/

Step 2:

*SIDEBAR* When the app opens or when you click Start Broadcast later on it will ask you to install an Extra called Instant On. It enables you to capture audio from any source instantly, with no need to quit and relaunch open applications. In short, enable it!! Unless you like restarting iTunes or Spotify all the time... *END SIDEBAR*

With the app open select a source e.g. iTunes, Spotify

tumblr_nqa6282emM1ux4yc3o1_1280.png

Step 3:

Under info select the name of the broadcast, genre etc (optional)

tumblr_nqa6282emM1ux4yc3o2_1280.png

Step 4:

Under titles select whether you want to display track info. 3DX doesn't support this so it is not worth it. I keep it off so it is harder to search for on the public internet. If people want to know the track then they can use an app like Shazam.

tumblr_nqa6282emM1ux4yc3o3_1280.png

Step 5:

Under quality set the quality if you are using the steaming service above set to 96Kbps or whatever you paid for. Alternatively you can stream completely from your local computer at any bit rate. This is explained below. If you have a great upload speeds and you want to save yourself $10 a month then worth a look.

tumblr_nqa6282emM1ux4yc3o4_1280.png

Step 6 (Optional - only required if using the paid streaming service):

Go to "Window" then "Show Servers". At the bottom right click the plus symbol to add a new server.

tumblr_nqa6282emM1ux4yc3o7_r1_1280.png

Set the name as anything you want.

Make sure server type is Shoutcast (or Icecast 2 if you choose Icecast).

Account is NOT required (IMPORTANT!! If you put this then login will fail!!)

Password is the password in your email along with address and port number.

Mount point is not required (unless using Icecast - usually "/live").

Close the window.

Step 7:

Start the music in your media player of choice, go back to Nicecast and click Start broadcast.

Step 8:

Goto the Share tab and then click Copy. Then go over to 3DX and paste in the link (remember to use Ctrl-V rather than CMD-V to paste as 3DX runs in Windows ;) )

tumblr_nqa6282emM1ux4yc3o6_r1_1280.png

If you are using a hosted service remember to make sure only set the bitrate to your limit (e.g. 96Kbps) in quality settings, otherwise Centova Cast may block your account.

If may seem like a lot of steps. But all these settings are saved so the only thing you have to do in the future is fire up your media player, fire up Nicecast and click Start Broadcast and you are good to go. 

EDIT: When listening in 3DX you can turn the source volume to its lowest setting in Nicecast. This will allow you to listen to the stream rather than through your media player. There is usually a 5-20 second delay. So this is useful if you want to listen to what everyone else is listening to rather than 10 seconds into the future. If you don't do this then you will have some echo. Alternatively you could disable the radio in 3DX and live in the future and listen through your media player.

Good luck and I hope this was a help. :)

Edited by SayakoSub

No problem! It took me a while to figure out myself (and I am a developer) so I am more than happy to share to save people the same pains I went through.

Really cool is the Spotify and iTunes integration :o

A lot of members missed this...

How is this works? The Software stream the music from Spotify and iTunes down and upload this in the same time in your stream!?

But it looks a bit for many more options as for the Windows users! Really interesting :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

oh, if you choose traktor, your streaming server will need to be Icecast and not shoutcast. 

Because traktor only stream in OGG and not MP3.

So I recommand getting a Icecast server for streaming. 

If you want to been able to stream to a shoutcast server and in MP3 encoding, you will need some preparation and idealy an extra computer. 

It will required you to do some live transcoding from OGG to MP3 on the fly. 

It doable since it the setup I am using at home right now. :) I am using traktor and really liking it. 

I personally recommand you to just rent a icecast server since it compatible with 3dxchat, but it won't be compatible with game like RLC. 

You can write to me if you need more detail about the setup. 

One thing as well, there are thousands of station out there that can be used in your homes. Here is a little walk through on how to get what you need to stream them.

1. Find a Station you like, googling internet radio with the genre you like can bring you to hundreds of options.

2.  Next rick click on the screen and choose Inspect Element like in the Pic below

1CH3xle.jpg

3. Go to the Right where you see the grey bar that is highlighted, this will bring up a lot of codes but what you need is easy to find. Most cases it will have mp3 forwarding it like in the pic below

M3GXyRh.jpg

4. Control-c will copy what you have lighted, do so then go in game and open up your radio then just control-v to paste this and poof, you are hyperlinking the station into your room.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well i was searching for "free privat radio streaming on google" and i found www.radionomy.com can somebody provide useful info whether we can use it or not and the steps please because i dont wanna really pay for this :P

Which selection?

Take the "One Love Hip Hop" station there would be *https://streaming.radionomy.com/One-love-Hip-Hop-Radio* 

or

"Buddha Bar" would be *https://streaming.radionomy.com/buddha-bar*

If you give me which station there you like I can post its link for you

Which selection?

Take the "One Love Hip Hop" station there would be *https://streaming.radionomy.com/One-love-Hip-Hop-Radio* 

or

"Buddha Bar" would be *https://streaming.radionomy.com/buddha-bar*

If you give me which station there you like I can post its link for you

I think she means a streaming Provider for free :)

There are some free Providers but I haven't experiences with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just so everyone knows, Virtual DJ 8 is on sale on Steam for $12. I'm assuming it will also work for streaming just like Virtual DJ 7.

There are like 21 hours left from right now as I post this.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224380/

That's VirtualDJ 7 Broadcaster Edition :)

But not matter, it's a good deal!

Yes it works for streaming! It's like the VirtualDJ 7 Home with stream function ;)

Awww damn, I wish I had seen this. Hmm maybe I will try it and downgrade my sub.

But don't forget, it isn't VirtualDJ 8 :) But if you play with the though to order one day the Virtual DJ 8 Infinity License then you get an Rabat with the VDJ7 Broadcaster version :)

But for the most ppl is the Broadcaster version more as enough :)

Lucky me and thanks Achilles and friends who shared knowledge in Tech Forum.

I had SHOUTcast account that works well with Winamp.

Eeven if Audio CODEC is not better than iTunes or VLC but it made my life easy.

I also have Premium account of Radiotunes.com

also provided free premium account of JazzRadio.com too.

I've just noticed that they provide another EDM music website.

It's digitally Imported, should be temporary premium promotion.^^

:lol: :lol: :lol:

post-5444-0-86603500-1441744364_thumb.png

post-5444-0-22920100-1441744374_thumb.png

But don't forget, it isn't VirtualDJ 8 :) But if you play with the though to order one day the Virtual DJ 8 Infinity License then you get an Rabat with the VDJ7 Broadcaster version :)

But for the most ppl is the Broadcaster version more as enough :)

i've bought it for enable Numark NS6 console Mapping and worked very well.

And Pro Infinty version helps when changing new console for free.

post-5444-0-64634400-1441746399_thumb.png

i've bought it for enable Numark NS6 console Mapping and worked very well.

And Pro Infinty version helps when changing new console for free.

The name says, it's all Infinity :D Of course without the Content Unlimited!

The monthly Pro Membership cost 19$... In my own opinion is this only a good thing if you want test the program for some time, maybe for 6 months.

All who want use the program active and longer should buy the infinity as one time payment for 299$

Imagine one member pay the monthly membership for 16 months so is this the same as the one time payment but after the 16th month can the Infinity Members laugh because there are no new cost but the Pro Members need pay her membership still for 19$

The name says, it's all Infinity :D Of course without the Content Unlimited!

The monthly Pro Membership cost 19$... In my own opinion is this only a good thing if you want test the program for some time, maybe for 6 months.

All who want use the program active and longer should buy the infinity as one time payment for 299$

Imagine one member pay the monthly membership for 16 months so is this the same as the one time payment but after the 16th month can the Infinity Members laugh because there are no new cost but the Pro Members need pay her membership still for 19$

I avoided recurring payment on my credit card or monthly payment basis due found triplicate same billing deduction in one day.

All expenses of my credit card will promptly report to my cell phone SMS.

In Thailand, it took 120 days to process claim money back that I didn't want to waste my time.

Just re-issue new credit card and blacklist provider from my account forever.

:D :D :D