3DXChat Community

[Tutorial] Private Radio Stream Feature

Chilles

As much as the advice is being given here, you must buy your music and pay the royalties on the music you play, even if private streaming in your room.  It doesn't matter that you purchase your music, you must have the expressed written consent to broadcast it "on air" also know as "streaming" otherwise you have to pay the royalties.  Even if you buy the music, make it into a mix, you still have to pay for the use of the music.  Below is a really good site to do that and they pay the royalties from the fee you pay them as well as keep track for you of the music you play by keeping track of what you play as you provide your stream(s) information.  http://www.streamlicensing.com/ 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think , we are still to limited to get nice, cool or whatever kind of music in our rooms we have created.

it would be cool if we were able to put music we have on our mac , we downloaded ourselfs, in the program of 3dx.

idea????

Edited by Achilles
Topic "The streaming subject" merged here

I think , we are still to limited to get nice, cool or whatever kind of music in our rooms we have created.

it would be cool if we were able to put music we have on our mac , we downloaded ourselfs, in the program of 3dx.

idea????

Maybe :)

I run Mac OS X and after some trial and error I think I have came across the easiest and best solution using Nicecast (briefly mentioned in the video above). The one problem with butt is the sound quality is not as a good as Nicecast. Butt sounds like a one speaker radio, also in butt it picks up all system sounds.

Nicecast is streaming software and will allow you to stream a specific application so by default iTunes, but you could choose Spotify or a browser like Safari or Google Chrome. Personally I prefer iTunes because it has more powerful up next playing features, whereas Spotify is still quite limited in allowing you to delete stuff from up next.

Nicecast is a free download with one restriction. After one hour noise will be layered over the top of your stream. You can just reset the app every hour to get around this or buy the $59 licence key for the full version which if you use it a lot will soon pay for itself.

Step 1:

Download Nicecast from https://www.rogueamoeba.com/nicecast/

Step 2:

*SIDEBAR* When the app opens or when you click Start Broadcast later on it will ask you to install an Extra called Instant On. It enables you to capture audio from any source instantly, with no need to quit and relaunch open applications. In short, enable it!! Unless you like restarting iTunes or Spotify all the time... *END SIDEBAR*

With the app open select a source e.g. iTunes, Spotify

tumblr_nqa6282emM1ux4yc3o1_1280.png

Step 3:

Under info select the name of the broadcast, genre etc (optional)

tumblr_nqa6282emM1ux4yc3o2_1280.png

Step 4:

Under titles select whether you want to display track info. 3DX doesn't support this so it is not worth it. I keep it off so it is harder to search for on the public internet. If people want to know the track then they can use an app like Shazam.

tumblr_nqa6282emM1ux4yc3o3_1280.png

Step 5:

Under quality set the quality if you are using the steaming service above set to 96Kbps or whatever you paid for. Alternatively you can stream completely from your local computer at any bit rate. This is explained below. If you have a great upload speeds and you want to save yourself $10 a month then worth a look.

tumblr_nqa6282emM1ux4yc3o4_1280.png

Step 6 (Optional - only required if using the paid streaming service):

Go to "Window" then "Show Servers". At the bottom right click the plus symbol to add a new server.

tumblr_nqa6282emM1ux4yc3o7_r1_1280.png

Set the name as anything you want.

Make sure server type is Shoutcast (or Icecast 2 if you choose Icecast).

Account is NOT required (IMPORTANT!! If you put this then login will fail!!)

Password is the password in your email along with address and port number.

Mount point is not required (unless using Icecast - usually "/live").

Close the window.

Step 7:

Start the music in your media player of choice, go back to Nicecast and click Start broadcast.

Step 8:

Goto the Share tab and then click Copy. Then go over to 3DX and paste in the link (remember to use Ctrl-V rather than CMD-V to paste as 3DX runs in Windows ;) )

tumblr_nqa6282emM1ux4yc3o6_r1_1280.png

If you are using a hosted service remember to make sure only set the bitrate to your limit (e.g. 96Kbps) in quality settings, otherwise Centova Cast may block your account.

If may seem like a lot of steps. But all these settings are saved so the only thing you have to do in the future is fire up your media player, fire up Nicecast and click Start Broadcast and you are good to go.

EDIT: When listening in 3DX you can turn the source volume to its lowest setting in Nicecast. This will allow you to listen to the stream rather than through your media player. There is usually a 5-20 second delay. So this is useful if you want to listen to what everyone else is listening to rather than 10 seconds into the future. If you don't do this then you will have some echo. Alternatively you could disable the radio in 3DX and live in the future and listen through your media player.

Good luck and I hope this was a help. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm trying to log-in into the radio streaming feature that Achilles posted about, the link is http://virtualdjradio.com:8000/index.htmlbut it says admin log-in with username and password. Anyone knows how it works?

:huh:

I think you found this link in the topic Radio Stations Links for our Homes

You need to put this link in the Radio of your Home :)

An Login in VirtualDJ Radio isn't possible or needed!

22-11-_2015_22-24-12.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I´m not sure if it the right place for asking that.

My problem, i can´t listen to my own stream "in my room".

It works at my freinds rooms but not in my.

A few days ago it was still working, but atm nothing...is really strange.

Have you a idea?

Hi. I´m not sure if it the right place for asking that.

My problem, i can´t listen to my own stream "in my room".

It works at my freinds rooms but not in my.

A few days ago it was still working, but atm nothing...is really strange.

Have you a idea?

And works your stream in your second room?

Is it only you or everyone who can't listen your stream?

Hello, and thanks for the posts. I am using Mixcloud, I would like to know how to have the stream at the same song for all people in the same time. Meaning by that, the stream goes its way, and when people join in, they just listen to the same than the people already in. For the moment, it starts when you come in and then nobody is listening to the same part. Not sure I am clear :s

I would like the stream always to be synchronized for all players in the room at any time.

Hello, and thanks for the posts. I am using Mixcloud, I would like to know how to have the stream at the same song for all people in the same time. Meaning by that, the stream goes its way, and when people join in, they just listen to the same than the people already in. For the moment, it starts when you come in and then nobody is listening to the same part. Not sure I am clear :s

I would like the stream always to be synchronized for all players in the room at any time.

Sorry but this isn't possible if you stream mixes of mixcloud because mixcloud isn't a live streaming sources.

All ppl in your room start the Mix File individual and separately from the Mixcloud Server :)

• 3 weeks later...

i tried out the http://www.listen2myradio.com/with free shoutcast the other night and it worked. Was streaming my personal music collection for me and a friend. Seemed to work alright. The video tutorial they had on their forums was pretty step by step and i got it going easily. 

Seemed to work with winamp no problems. A bit of delay between real time and stream of around 20 seconds. Hardest part was finding the old dead winamp download. That software is old as my first pc. lol its terrible! :P

• 2 weeks later...