3DXChat Community

Dave again

DetoxDave

I think I know considerably more about fascism than you know about feminism, young man, I object to the idea that it is acceptable to be violent towards women, to spank them if you like, without their consent. I suggest you stop obfuscating. The issue is one of consent.

I do not seek to prevent anybody from expressing an opinion, a man who assumes it is his right to spank a woman without her consent and acts upon it is likely to find himself charged with sexual assault. There is a very good reason for this.

While i’m here i’d like to say I find the use of the phrase ‘real women’ or ‘real woman’ troubling. A person is either a woman or not so the word ‘real’ suggests something else is meant. In this case I suggest that it may be read as meaning that you think other women aren’t ‘real’. You reinforce this by using ‘real’ when referring to yourself, Mar, but just women when referring to others.

I realise that there are differing views as to what is meant by the term ‘woman’ so some discussion might ensue about that. I also recognise you will say that you are trying to emphasise that you are a woman in real life. The thing I am concerned about is that you don’t confer the same emphasis towards other women.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading this diary I am struck with the urge to comment on two points.

First...I find your obsession with RobT, who is seemingly not even here anymore, to be worrisome. I hope that my friend Rob has taken precautions against such stalker-ish behavior.

Second...The debate about Mar's use of the word real to describe herself. I would be willing to bet she pinched herself to make sure she was "real" before typing. That's how they check to make sure things are "real" on TV anyway.

Is there really anyone who would argue that there are female avi's playing in game or on these forums who aren't "real women"? Staying away from the argument of gender identity, is there anyone who believes that there aren't men playing on female avi's for the sole purpose of getting laid easier? I would personally define these players as not real women. It would be my personal suspicion that you fall into this category. As I suspect you of being someone who also posts under a female name here in the forums. After playing these kinds of games and dealing with these not "real" women for so many years though, I do admit to being overly suspicious. None of that matters of course, except to maybe understand why you take exception to the phrase "real woman". My point is, when I read Mar's use of the phrase "real woman" to describe herself, I interpret it in this manner. To me, my interpretation seems pretty common sense. I do aknowledge that this may because I too think of myself as a real woman. I am woman..hear me roar..