3DXChat Community

Downsizing

Norfolk N Waye

I need some help here. Is there any way to get my projects down to a smaller memory size? I've noticed that all of my builds, although they're the right scale size, still use unreasonably large amounts of memory. I have learned to use a lot of the effects in the WE and to keep away from too many animations like trees, flashing light etc. but I'm still unsure of what else to do. Example: A club that I got from a friend is only 194 kilobytes in size but after adding a few of my own creations for the stage,it's ballooned to over 3.4 megs. Any help would be welcome. Thank you.

Check for duplicates as that can be an issue.  Some don't realize it's there until they check.  You can always save a duplicate of the file while you're checking for them so once you've done it then you know what and where they are.  There was a checker on the Modz site but not sure if it works or not, but you're welcome to check and see.

https://3dxmodz.com/index.php?/files/

Check for duplicates as that can be an issue.  Some don't realize it's there until they check.  You can always save a duplicate of the file while you're checking for them so once you've done it then you know what and where they are.  There was a checker on the Modz site but not sure if it works or not, but you're welcome to check and see.

https://3dxmodz.com/index.php?/files/

Thanks a bunch but the Duplicate Finder only works on Windows 10, from what I've been told.

it once took me 8 hours to take a room from 2.4 MB to 970 kbs. some items had been duplicated 7 times. However regardless of the time, I got to see a friend love her room. Invest time in checking for duplicates and also ask yourself if you want or need that many things.

Would say you can do is following:

• Try and track duplicate that might be in build (if you can't use the mod then linking up all items when you're done, and moving the build to see if anything is left behind is one alternative way to remove duplicates. Another is to try delete items you copy to see if there is more than copied item and the do undo if there isn't as alternative to using mod if you can't. P.S if you don't link items before copying there will be replicate usually of each individual selected items equal to the sum of the whole, if this is intentional or a bug I can't say)

• Plan your build try and work out if there is areas where you can use extention of the object into other areas of the build instead of making dozen seperate parts, this could be one the walls for instace that continue up into same area on second floor, could also be one counters where you may only need the counter drawers left to put on. Also various of other areas where you might be able to use smart solution instead of constructing new items for each area or object.

• Another options is visual illusion aspect when building things you might not necessarily notice or see, might not need as much attention/detail or to be included in the design at all, but is something you would have to weight and figure out what is needed or not. (Example could be loft wood or timber bars/planks that might hold structure up under RL situation where construction physics, gravity and etc. applies, but may not be something visually needed in built in here for any other than extra aesthetics, visuals or realism. Might in some cases not even be noticed unless someone specially look up to see how the ceiling looks like.)

Thanks all for your suggestions. Unfortunately, every time I try to install the Duplicate Finder I get a prompt/warning. ''Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a security risk to your computer."' I'm the admin of this pc but no matter what I do about it, I still can't use the Duplicate Finder.