3DXChat Community

Features from mods in the official client

Gizmo

Forgot about a mod feature from the past I think many of us have, that would be super useful. I think it was called "clipping" here and in other worlds "collision." If there is anyway to be able to turn it off on materials we could make closed doors and such we could simply walk through,fall through, etc. People would find uses. They always do.

Anyway you can add portals also? Would definitly help with traveling long distances instantly.

We could really use an update about whats being inculded a lot of the request seem to be things that are already, or likely will be included, and some request like ghost are now pointless with the animation editor on the way. The preview on telegram was kind of impresses, and it seems like it will be quite powerful and simple to use.

On a serious note tho i really hope and pray this topic was not started just to shut us the hell up. :( Tell them what they want to hear let them think we are going to add all of Rochis DLL features, that will shut the peasants up. Yall know this has happened in the past or did you forget about the pose editor topic? 

Looks like i was right... Thanks for throwing us a bone Giz. You had zero intentions of ever using anything from Rochis mod. Man up and admit you made your stupid little post just to make people think you actually listen to your PAYING CUSTOMERS. Whats next a pose editor??? smgdmfh....................................

Pose editor is a great thing if it will be actually released. And if they worked on it - they probably were doing it already for a long time. Would be strange to just stop all work on it now. They probably work on a few things same time - like 64 bit client and pose editor, while also doing some small stuff like new poses meanwhile. I doubt that new client or pose editor is something that can be done by a small team in a couple of months. So it doesn't mean that they don't work on dll stuff at all and I don't understand your indignation.

Hello everyone) Everything that is written above is very important, but it is even more important to return the old ignore system, where not only the character, but also all his twinks get into ignore! Now the ignored character can enter the location, hear conversations, embrace people who ignore him ... Can you imagine how it looks? You are dancing and suddenly a ghost is hugging you! It is unpleasant for me and for many! Thank.

you sure ? ^_^ 

new-stuff-1.jpg

new-stuff-2.jpg

Stay tuned on 3dxchat cause awesome stuff on the way  :D 

Yes I'm sure. We got this type of annoncement all the time, but the truth is that there is something like 3 or 4 updates a year, and usually not interesting ones. A slap in the face, really ? At this point, it's the devs who express how they feel about their customers...

Right now, the 64 version miss a lot of very cool stuff from the dll. The possibility to save / load a character, to chosse whatever color you want for skin and clothes, to keep clothes during sex, to use the keyboard to control moaning / squirting, the possibility to open a publc room in private (beach, nc...), etc. etc. etc.

All of those things won't be included in the next update, so I already know it will be a disappointment. The choice will be : to keep on the 32 bits version and not have the new stuff, or to go to the 64 bits version and lose a lot of good stuff. Great choice : either way, the game witll be LESS good. Unless there is a real work of using all DLL's ideas in the next update.

Sorry If I have doubts about that.

I don't know if that hack is still in use but I can tell you that with some knowledge you can add things to the game that you don't think of would be even possible. 

I won't go into detail about that for now because the old client is still in use. 

Some well known examples for what is possible:

Room stealing and Pandora. 

Preventing modded DLL's is a security feature that is in my eyes critical. Adding features that Rochie implemented? Hell it's about time.

Why don't you give to the modders the possibility to mod the 64 bits version ? After all, the work was already done, and they didn't make money from it. It would be better than wait for years to get back hack of the functionnalities that were inside the mods. Right now, we are just waiting to get back what we had before, instead of new features. I had to go back to the 32 bits version to really appreciate the game. For me, that just makes no sense.

Why don't you give to the modders the possibility to mod the 64 bits version ? After all, the work was already done, and they didn't make money from it. It would be better than wait for years to get back hack of the functionnalities that were inside the mods. Right now, we are just waiting to get back what we had before, instead of new features. I had to go back to the 32 bits version to really appreciate the game. For me, that just makes no sense.

Because the ability to mod the game files down to the game logic, and that's what modding the dll files is, can bare security issues for everyone that uses a modded dll. Like I said Rocchi did not put any bad functionality into her dll but I can mod the dll in a way that it can harm your experience and share it on the internet telling everyone its a mirror for Rocchis dll and most people cant check if its the real one or not.

Modding has been going on for decades in A class games. You'd be discovered if you added malicious content, banned and everyone would become more cautious - It's how it has always been.

Since there is no economy in 3DX, I don't think modding is such a bad idea personally; but It seems the Devs have a different view, which since its their baby is understandable.

Modding: Pro:  Faster content and development. Con: Some risks, owner lose total control of their product.

I know without modding there would be no counter strike or anything that was made for bf1942 or bf2 but you miss a point there the game devs for those games provided the tools to mod in this case the game code is reverse engineered and modded. You can mod anything into this dll files and because it is a multiplayer game it is bad.

The whole logic of the game is inside the dll for example you can make rooms visible that are open for groups or friends from people you don't know.

What do you think how a site like pandora was possible? A modded dll that collects user data and uses the server functions to get even more data ... cause the requests are all inside the logic.

The thing is all those "good" function should have been inside the main game a long time ago but laziness prevented it because someone else did it already. Now the new untiy version can prevent this and the devs need to redo all the work that was already done. Thats the bad thing about all this. They could take the Rocchi dll and copy paste the code or contact Rocchi to know what was done at all. 

Don't misunderstand me, I know what benefits modding can bring but in an online environment like this where it is not intended to be able to mod its a bad thing because of the risks.

Well for every measure there becomes a counter measure in an active mod community as you no doubt are aware of.

As I said, I'd like to see more user created content in some form. If they wanna add clothes, prop, and pose editors/creators that would be fine with me. They just need to be very good I'd hope.

Hell, it would be nice if we could just add custom textures to the existing clotransparency. And props and tranparency.

that was by alexryder. for 1.0. and no it is not still in use, and what she said about a ghost hugging you? not possible, she is making that up

Fact is we do not know if someone has made a dll that by passes the ignore function. It is possible someone has come up with a way to by pass that option as a whole. 

................   YOu do know the game sometimes cant process the ignore , you can be ignored but sometimes it requires for you to relog to be able to not see the person that ignored you type ...Game is just slow , even when someone you have ignored , you can see them for a sec as they enter the room before the "ignore" kicks in...

Just as an info note, it's still fairly simple to patch the compiled binaries to workaround certain security checks.

For example, only took me a few minutes with IDA to find the player ignored check before processing chat messages:

WUquyIE.png

Can be easily patched as well. It only became impossible to add complicated stuff to the game, i.e. the good stuff.

To make the game actually secure such checks should be performed server-side, not on the client.

Just as an info note, it's still fairly simple to patch the compiled binaries to workaround certain security checks.

For example, only took me a few minutes with IDA to find the player ignored check before processing chat messages:

Can be easily patched as well. It only became impossible to add complicated stuff to the game, i.e. the good stuff.

To make the game actually secure such checks should be performed server-side, not on the client.

That and only that is the real solution. Such things are not allowed to happen on the client this needs to be done on the server. Same for the room list. The client gets all rooms and then decides if a room is visible to you or not. You should only get rooms that you are able to see in first place and the client should only sort them. 

Sorry to say that but this is basic knowledge in software development for a client/server environment. Do as much as possible on the server and only send to the client what is necessary and never trust the client. Always double check if data from client is plausible.