3DXChat Community

Intro to Self

Blythe

Hey thanks Wizard!

I'll see if I can use my fav 3D programs (Silo 3D sculpting and Vue 3D materials, lighting, objects and natural environments) and export to 3DS Max format. May be able to do stuff in Unity too.

Cheers!

_jc

• 8 months later...

Hi Lycralove,

As you probably know, exporting/importing 3D models can be tricky. Basically you have to find the 3D model file format that transfers with the best quality. Different programs support different 3D model file formats. So, you'll need to experiment the first time. And sometimes you may need to re-do the materials after importing into the final format - or leave doing the materials at all, until the last step.

I never use Blender - finding it obtuse, limiting and difficult to use. I should say that I haven't tried Blender for years though. As a VUE user, I always do the materials after the import into VUE.

Hope this helps...

• 3 weeks later...

I don't use blender but unity is happy with fbx or obj. for characters with limb information fbx is really the only game in town. For static models I'll typically use obj. A lot depends on your 3d software though and some export settings can give you problems. That said unity seems happy with vanilla export from silo or maya lt.