3DXChat Community

In game Market for 3dxchat

Aliviax

@Whitesnake

And who will benefit from this system? I mean market, not the poses/clothes editors. Benefits of poses/clothes editors are obvious.

Will regular player win anything from this system? Not at all. The gaming experience of regular player who are not buying xgold will be only worse. Because without daily allowance player will end up paying for every game service from his pocket, already paying for subscription. Or in the best cases from the "pocket change" with every new subscription, but I guess if you call it "pocket change" and think that daily allowance should be cut off – in general players will have less gold, right? While without market, if devs would just add good clothes/poses from creators in the game for all players – whole community would benefit from it. On top of it – making a proper security for market can take tons of developers time which will only make the changes slower, over all making it even worse for regular player. 

Will creators benefit from this market system? Not much. I mean if xgold is not exchangeable on real money, xgold will just let creators to buy clothes/poses/builds made by other creators. Which they would get anyway with free for all system. So the only thing that creators will get from the system is a feeling of superiority – because they will have something that regular player can't afford. 

So who really will benefit from this system? Developers. They will get more money. If now they are getting free content from players (which is perfectly alright in my opinion, I mean people making it out of the good will), after this system they will also earn cash from the creations of the players. 

Who else will benefit from this system? Whales who ready to pay a good price to feel themselves better than majority of people around. 

On top of it, you will see tons hookers if with this market xgold transfer system between players will be added. Because one thing is just add xgold exchange when xgold can be used only on services, alts and gifts like now and completely different thing adding xgold transfer when xgold can be spent on clothes/poses/houses. This game will become another online brothel, with tons of prostitues and just girls looking for "generous gentlemen" or simply a rich daddy. Instead of calm atmosphere of equality we will have another buzzling hive of envy and drama.

For most players game experience will only become worse. But devs will earn more money and whales will be able to pay for feeling of virtual superiority, cool. 

13 minutes ago, Xizl said:

@Whitesnake

And who will benefit from this system? I mean market, not the poses/clothes editors. Benefits of poses/clothes editors are obvious.

Will regular player win anything from this system? Not at all. The gaming experience of regular player who are not buying xgold will be only worse. Because without daily allowance player will end up paying for every game service from his pocket, already paying for subscription. Or in the best cases from the "pocket change" with every new subscription, but I guess if you call it "pocket change" and think that daily allowance should be cut off – in general players will have less gold, right? While without market, if devs would just add good clothes/poses from creators in the game for all players – whole community would benefit from it. On top of it – making a proper security for market can take tons of developers time which will only make the changes slower, over all making it even worse for regular player. 

Will creators benefit from this market system? Not much. I mean if xgold is not exchangeable on real money, xgold will just let creators to buy clothes/poses/builds made by other creators. Which they would get anyway with free for all system. So the only thing that creators will get from the system is a feeling of superiority – because they will have something that regular player can't afford. 

So who really will benefit from this system? Developers. They will get more money. If now they are getting free content from players (which is perfectly alright in my opinion, I mean people making it out of the good will), after this system they will also earn cash from the creations of the players. 

Who else will benefit from this system? Whales who ready to pay a good price to feel themselves better than majority of people around. 

On top of it, you will see tons hookers if with this market xgold transfer system between players will be added. Because one thing is just add xgold exchange when xgold can be used only on services, alts and gifts like now and completely different thing adding xgold transfer when xgold can be spent on clothes/poses/houses. This game will become another online brothel, with tons of prostitues and just girls looking for "generous gentlemen" or simply a rich daddy. Instead of calm atmosphere of equality we will have another buzzling hive of envy and drama.

For most players game experience will only become worse. But devs will earn more money and whales will be able to pay for feeling of virtual superiority, cool. 

Perhaps you missed the part where I said that the clothing editor would be free for all, so anyone can learn to make their own clothes, just like anyone can learn to make their own maps, thus nobody would be locked-in to buy gold, it wouldn't be an absolute necessity.

Also, you missed the other part where I said that creators could have the option to give items for free, although this would probably favor an out-of-game black market of sorts.

All in all the devs need the money to advance the game and I think players who really want to get that sweet sweet piece of apparel, or wanna learn that hot sex pose from that sexy instructor will buy gold if they wouldn't have to pay hundreds of real dollars for it. And no, in-game gold should not be exchanged for real money. This would only lead to predatory behaviors where creators would look for obnoxious ways to promote their stuff because there would be a financial incentive. It simply wouldn't be healthy for the game and for the community.

Edited by Whitesnake
additional details for clarity

Well, I wrote a big response and messed it up accidently. Too lazy to write it all again.

Anyway, it does not matter. This game exists for how long? 7-8 years. And it was fair p2p all these years. Why would it suddenly change? 

On 4/2/2019 at 12:18 AM, Mar Mohan said:

As Gizmo stated before that won't happen on here as they want all users to have the same offerings as any other user.  While we have World Editor you have to look at it this way, with the .dll with the old rooms people still created unique rooms out of what all users are given.

There is Utherverse, IMVU, SecondLife and so on that offer that.

Edited by Xizl

26 minutes ago, Whitesnake said:

All in all the devs need the money to advance the game

Oh, one thing I actually will write. 

I hear this argument for 1.5 years. From people who want market.

And I never heard it from devs. I never heard from devs that the problem of 3dxchat's development is low income. I never heard about them hiring new staff or freelancers or planning to do so if they will have more money.

And on top of it: we already paying. No one plays here for free. 

Edited by Xizl

15 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Oh, one thing I actually will write. 

I hear this argument for 1.5 years. From people who want market.

And I never heard it from devs. I never heard from devs that the problem of 3dxchat's development is low income. I never heard about them hiring new staff or freelancers or planning to do so if they will have more money.

And on top of it: we already paying. No one plays here for free. 

I doubt you will ever hear Gizmo or Lisa complaining about lack of funds. And indeed, while there is no reason to believe they are nosediving when it comes to finances, the game seems to be plagued by the same issues for too long. If there would be enough money, they would fix it, either by doubling the server count if it is hardware related, or the developer numbers if the bugs are in software. But then again, maybe they already did this and more things will be implemented in the game. Because it really needs new things, and would benefit greatly from in-built creative tools, regardless if there will be any kind of market for the creators or not. The only issue that asset diversity will cause is connection cuts due to lack of server power or engine crashes due to way too many individual assets loaded at a time. Or a combination of these two. So it goes back to the need for more servers and engine improvements.

Or maybe it doesn't need anything and we'll play the same thing for 10 more years :)

4 hours ago, Whitesnake said:

As the title states In game market for 3dxchat and the need for it .

It is not needed. If you want a game like that to sell your rooms in go to a game that has it already and sell them. Please. We came here because this game was not SL or IMVU or many of the others. Why do you wish to make it like those games and ruin it for the rest of us?

On 6/12/2020 at 10:32 PM, Xizl said:

Well, I wrote a big response and messed it up accidently. Too lazy to write it all again.

Anyway, it does not matter. This game exists for how long? 7-8 years. And it was fair p2p all these years. Why would it suddenly change? 

As you seen in my post from 2019, Gizmo stated before they want all users to have the same things the game provides, while it takes away from the huge customization of things on here but it also gives them less to have to deal with in regards to Copyright and people making claims they did something they did or didn't do.  Several posts already have been done on here to show it's already happening and claims of filing DMCA and calling lawyers, yes I laughed so hard when I seen that as you can't with this game unless you actually provided everything that person used to which they didn't and anything is easy to recreate if you have the time, which is why I laughed even harder.  That's a headache enough for the Devs to say fuck it and not have a market in game but provide everything to us.  Besides that, I don't think the Devs want to have to babysit people for Copyright, Trademark and such.  Even for a DJ on here unless SGD is providing the music to which they're not just the player you put your stream in, so even there they can't be held accountable for illegal music played only the DJ.