3DXChat Community

Character Changes?

D1SC0STU

Character Changes  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see higher resolution character textures allowing for more a realistic skin?

• Yes
    • No - Keep the characters exactly as they are.
  2. 2. Would you like to have more realistic hair that moves with the character?

• Yes
    • No - Keep the hair the same
  3. 3. Would you like to see morphs added to the feet of female characters allowing them to wear flats or heels?

• Yes
    • No - I like wearing high heels all the time.

Guest Eclipse

I really don't want to get blasted but, how do good intentions get so out of control so fast?

It's almost like there's arguing just for the sake of arguing...how bout an intermission?

"See Yourself"

It's easier to tell a lie than it is to tell the truth
It's easier to kill a fly than it is to turn it loose
It's easier to criticize somebody else
Than to see yourself

It's easier to give a sigh and be like all the rest
Who stand around and crucify you while you do your best
It's easier to see the books upon the shelf
Than to see yourself

It's easier to hurt someone and make them cry
Than it is to dry their eyes
I got tired of fooling around with other people's lies
Rather I'd find someone that's true

It's easier to say you won't than it is to feel you can
It's easier to drag your feet than it is to be a man
It's easier to look at someone eles's wealth
Than to see yourself

PS: Stu for what its worth I like the art so far. Good Job

True, anyway, i haven't heard anyone say they would like realistic character over a cartoony one, i wouldn't expect anyone paying for 3DXChat to say so, there are free "realistic" looking games like this out there, i believe people who want that would be playing those ^^

Well anyway i ain't a fan of realistic models, i absolutely love the current ones x.x I think realistic ones are really off putting and lack artistic vision. Id rather have a beautiful artistic character over a robot looking human one..

So far, i can't say the pictures you provided are bad or anything, they are quite amazing and it is really hard to judge how they would look like in-game from what iv seen at this point. 

One thing I have noticed in this forum is that a huge amount of comments are attacking other peoples posts or comments, really who cares if something has been posted before or someone posts something that not everyone will agree with.

I have looked at Discostus post here several times trying to work out where it may look like all he is trying to do is get attention, to me it looks more like he is trying to get peoples opinions on several things that have been asked before yes.

I may not know him as well as others but what I see is he is trying to find figures on these questions, likely so he can talk with the devs as I know he does and say these are the figures.

I know all these questions have been brought up before but can anyone honestly say they know how many do or don't want any of them.

I can't help but think that for the devs to not act on many of the things that are constantly brought up in this forum that there must be something wrong with how we are putting it to them.

Good on you Stu for trying to do something about what you believe the game may need.

I am sorry, but I can't see any value in anyone saying things like, "I just think you are trying to get attention" as a comment on a post. What benefit can members get from that.

when I see an attention seeking post I will comment.. I know stu is your new love and you will stick up for him.. its natural.. I would do the same.. x

Look, Macca. Maybe you mean well. But you aren't the forum police, and personal comments like this one are out of line.  

If you see someone seeking attention, don't give them any. Because the fact of the matter is, in this thread at least, you yourself are guilty of everything you are accusing others of. 

It's an open forum, which means that people are allowed to discuss what they want to. Not interested? Then please don't participate.

It's an open forum, which means that people are allowed to discuss what they want to. Not interested? Then please don't participate.

exactly sage... but I have heard, from more than one person that stu gets agro if they challenge his ideas.. so its all well and good posting a 'opinion poll' but whats the point when the poster doesn't give a fuck? like I said, he art is pretty awesome.. but whats the point if he doesn't listen?

exactly sage... but I have heard, from more than one person that stu gets agro if they challenge his ideas.. so its all well and good posting a 'opinion poll' but whats the point when the poster doesn't give a fuck? like I said, he art is pretty awesome.. but whats the point if he doesn't listen?

Yeah so Riela told you that and that means multiple people?  Cause guess what, she is the only one I told anything to.  Also, the poll currently speaks for itself.

Guest Eddster

The problem honestly isn't the current content. I have said it a million times. It's the amount of NEW content. With that said, i'd have to see these changes. I think the only hair I would approve upon over 3DX would be tressFX hair. (Tomb Raider). If we are talking about new models, the ones I saw you made Stu are not close to par but i'd love to see new ones (Need to see more, Head, feet, everything, not zoomed in shots. Ribs showing is gross as well. For me personally). For heels. That's a no brainer, chicks need to account for gravity as well and have flat feet without heels. Cheers.

EDIT: Added a little more input.

I am not really that bothered by high definition realistic skin and motion hairstyles. The one thing I think 3dx does quite well already is present an avi that is pretty nice.

The things I would prefer is more custom options, more hair, colour palettes, clothes, shoes (for both male & female)  I think these are far more useful to the game than an avi overhaul to high definition realistic skin and motion hair. We need content.

One thing to consider would be that 3dx has found a good balance between presentation and the gpu processing power required. I am certain that if these changes of HD realistic skin and motion hair came in you would most likely disable a portion of the community from actually playing 3dx as their fps would drop dramatically.

Thank you and much appreciation for your work though in trying to add to 3dx :)

Yes I understand. For me a concern would be the affect on gpu and fps for players. I know many people that play on medium setting already. it would be quite sad to lose people because the games specifications suddenly jumped to a much higher requirement due to avi HD realistic skin and motion hair.

As it is I think the current avi's fit well with the world, I am not sure a realstic avi would fit as well in the current art of the 3dx world.

I voted with No for all three. Current character look and shading is good enough and arousing to see female avatars. Texture quality is also good. New skin shaders/colors could be applied to the current models without any problem.

Realistic hair would kill a lots of people's computer, and it would move to uncontrollable directions, making a lot of pose weird.

There is already possible to mask the foot when you making a shoe.

Anyway, why you doing this meaningless votings on game developement? You are not a developer of this game. The ones who can ask us about the developement are Gizmo and Lisa.

Also your posts of your stuff are just whistful thinking and misleading people. You know what stuff fits in game and you showing stuff that made with other engines and editors. And you thinking in big, instead of thinking small and properly. If you want to show stuff, show models made in 3DS Max, low poly, with 1024x1024 texture or smaller. Because that is the only one that fit in this game. Also if you really want to add some stuff to the game, don't think in rooms, characters. Make shoes, socks, accesories, furinture in proper format and proper texture maps. And don't forget the style, look, and feel of the current content. 3DXChat has a feeling/style that you have to mimic to get your stuff in game, otherwise it would be a chaotic style mess. That is the hardest part of making content.Everyone with a little knowledge could came up stuff like yours, but it's pointless until it meets the 3DXChat game engine requirements.