3DXChat Community

Ocean level reset

Xizi

I had to help a friend lift his creation by dividing it into 4 different parts. Locking the direction to 5 (i needed to go 10 up) It became easy grabbing a section, saving the selected area and lifting that area in a new file. I did that four times then merged all four parts and saved the new file with the lifted room. 

For some reason, ocean level in my room sometimes got reset to 0 level and I need to fix it in world editor again and again. Maybe someone else have this problem too or better say - any solution for this problem? 

I've found when you lower the sea it sometimes requires 2 saves.  Meaning you save... but you go in your room and find the sea back at zero even though you set it lower. One more save seems to do the trick.

*note  -7 meters makes names disapear.

• 2 months later...

Raising or lowering the level will always require you to put in the number every time you open editor.

Not always or even often.

I've been trying to isolate what triggers the ocean to return to default level but havn't been able to find a causality.

I do know this. Save, go into the property you saved and if the ocean is at deafault, go in set if back to what you want and remove it. It will save in world file at the height you chose after a second save 99% of the time.

Not always or even often.

I've been trying to isolate what triggers the ocean to return to default level but havn't been able to find a causality.

I do know this. Save, go into the property you saved and if the ocean is at deafault, go in set if back to what you want and remove it. It will save in world file at the height you chose after a second save 99% of the time.

That is awesome THX, I really hope you isolate it and you know maybe letting Gizmo that an ocean reset should be taken off would be a good idea. After all people that build rooms would love more freedom to create.

That is awesome THX, I really hope you isolate it and you know maybe letting Gizmo that an ocean reset should be taken off would be a good idea. After all people that build rooms would love more freedom to create.

I have been getting about the same amount of water resets with 64 as with 32. I am posting this so anyone else trying to diagnose this doesn't have to start from zero.

I am getting between between 3-7 saves per reset at -14 meters. One thing that sticks out to me is that if you go quickly into your room from WE that seems to trigger resets more often. I've been using the 30 second rule lately between saving, exiting WE, and going into a room. I pretty much always exceed 3-5 saves now before a reset.