3DXChat Community

LITTLE FRIDAY at ABSOLUTE [Redux]

Raeign

During the month of December, most people think of the joys of giving, happiness and goodwill. That's nice and all...

...but for those fans of Absolute, it is about how loud we can get and how long we can rock n' roll. Am I right?

post-17203-0-01684500-1534988756_thumb.png

This month, I have the fortune of other venues opening their doors for Little Friday.

December 5th - Little Friday at Skeeter's. Thank you for a wonderful venue Ricky.

December 12th - Little Friday Christmas at Absolute at 9pm est

December 18th  (yes, its a Wednesday) - Little "Thursday" at Red Line at 11pm est

December 19th - Little Friday Christmas at Absolute (tentative) at 9pm est

December 26th - Little Friday at Dangerous Divas at 8pm est

Join me as we close out 2019 with the community you know, the friends you have made over the year(s) and the music you love.

post-17203-0-40840200-1536259183_thumb.jpg

post-17203-0-66472400-1539885160_thumb.png

TUNE IN. GET LOUD. ROCK ON.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year to one and all.

To celebrate the new year, Absolute will be bringing in 2020 hard and fast, with its first Little Friday of the year.

A DUALITY event that we have not seen in a long time.

One room. Two DJs. Twice the hard rock you have come to expect from Absolute.

1929969735_RockinNewYears.thumb.JPG.e5dc769570276c7bacd4370f011a0b31.JPG

Edited by Raeven

• 2 weeks later...

post-17203-0-34643500-1540497347_thumb.jpg

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ABSOLUTE

Thursday, January 30th - Classic "Hard Rock" and Metal

Thursday, February 6th - Hair Metal

Thursday, February 13th - Anti-Valentines: Rage Against the Cupid

Thursday, February 20th - Alphabet Rock: E's

Thursday, February 27th - Marvel Music: Infinity!

Something for you to look forward to at Absolute's Little Friday.

Edited by Raeven

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like a repeat...

Unfortunately, due to work and other obligations, I will not be hosting Little Friday tomorrow evening,

but I hope to see you next week when I can bring you the music you know and love from Absolute.

Have a great week all.

College applications submitted. Check.

Working in my pajamas. Check.

The end of the world as we know it?  Check.

Its been a few weeks, but that pesky application deadlines kept me busy. Who knew the end was nigh?

Does the imposed social distancing have you down?

Head on over to Absolute for tonight's Little Friday where we will be apocalyptic, and you can rub your sweat soaked body against others inappropriately without CDC recourse.

Its the end of the world as we know it people. Come to Absolute and you'll feel fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Exciting news!

The website is about 90% complete. Now you can catch Little Friday (and the other sets I do) outside of the confines of 3DX. To quote from my first post on the site, "Well, I finally did it! After all these years of DJing in places, I have decided to make it easy for the people who are interested in hearing my sets on a more global scale. It certainly has been a long-time coming. I kept the site fairly simple as to focus on what really matters... the music. There are definitely a few things to check out though. First, stop by the Broadcast Schedule page to know when a set will be happening. If you don't see a set during a particular day or time, you can drop a note to make suggestions or request a set.

Next, check out The Black Cat Chronicles (as I detest the word 'blog') for information on upcoming sets, thoughts on particular music, or potentially learn about some new album or song releases. You just never know what you may find in the BCC. When you can make it for broadcasts, I have set up a quick button to get straight to the music. Right next to it is anothe rbutton for those requests that I know you are craving to make. There is always a feature to chat with me or each other while a set is happening, keeping the exchange as real-time as possible. I look forward to getting your thoughts on how this works for you, so make sure to check out the site completely and give me some feedback. Can't wait until the first set."

Well, the time has come and the first Little Friday on absoluterae.com is here. If you want to hear the music you have come to love from Absolute, check out the new site and a more global Little Friday. I hope to see you there.

Until then.... rock on.

• 2 weeks later...

un·der the cov·ers at absoluterae.com

Anyone that has ever been to Absolute, knows that I have an affinity for good cover songs.

It is more than just finding a cover. It is finding one that suits the establishment, the genres, and the mood.

It is time to take this cover business to a whole new level, with an entire set dedicated to bands who know how to take a good song and make it harder.

There will be some compare and contrast. There will be some "what the fracks?".

You might love them. There might be some that you feel the original is superior.

You will have to be at this week's Little Friday to have the experience and find out for yourself.

Under the covers. A whole new way to listen to music.

It has been a long time coming. It is time to Hit the Lights.

Absolute Concert Series presents

post-17203-0-16959900-1559493721_thumb.png

The Four Horsemen (in various forms), in all their glory

(which basically means up to the black album).

Am I Evil for thinking the best Metallica IS their early years? I have No Remorse in that thought.

If you disagree, we will take a Crash Course in Brain Surgery, skip the Anesthesia, and remedy that mindset.

Although, I may be The Unforgiven, The Struggle Within is Sad But True,

we will be covering up to the Metallica album, as Nothing Else Matters.

Think me Stone Cold Crazy, but Don't Tread on Me...

Join me on tonight at 8pm EST, on absoluterae.com as we do a little Damage, Inc at Radio Absolute.

Welcome Home (Sanitarium), your Frayed Ends of Sanity will be soothed, your Blackened soul appeased.

For Whom the Bells Tolls, your time has come.

*Fade to Black*

post-17203-0-24084100-1559496401_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Wow... it has been a long time since I have posted here.

There is a lot going on at the Absolute Rae webiste and if you haven't checked it out in a bit - now is the time to do so. 

Volbeat-Logo-1.png.b10ad2e937f231e9df7d140272278c63.png

Radio Absolute is presenting another concert series. An entire set dedicated to Volbeat and the celebration of Rhet and Lori's birthday. If you know and love Volbeat (or Lori and Rhet),
come and join the party… or if you’re not familiar with either, we WILL make sure you know and love both before you leave this night.
Going down here at Radio Absolute, starting at 8pm est.  Be there or you will miss an absolutely unique party.

“Well the music seems do cover
And all the liquid do the colours
Well I turn my back and
Go for all the better things in order
And a gangster keeps on telling
That he got a song that matters
So I flip a coin towards him
Thank you very much for listening…”

- Still Counting

Edited by Raeign

Lit·tle Fri·day Birthday Bash

Got some downtime on a Thursday night?  Awesome!
Rocking it out at Radio Absolute?  A Must!
Joining us for Lori and Rhet's amazing birthday bash? Priceless!

You know you want it. You need it. Join us at 8pm EST as we celebrate the fantabulous people we 'less than three'.
Bring your requests. Bring your birthday wishes. Bring your craving for ROCK!
This one IS GOING TO BE 'IN-WORLD'.

___

The Urban dictionary defines Little Friday as the nickname for Thursday. In other words, Friday just called, it said it would be here tomorrow and it's bringin' the alcohol!
Whether you are struggling through your week, just cruisin', or you are ready, willing, and desperately waiting for Friday, join us in Absolute where the hard rock will help carry you through the most challenging part of the week. Thursdays are officially known as "Little Fridays" here at Absolute.

NEW build. Same rockin' sound!

• 2 weeks later...

post-17203-0-34643500-1540497347_thumb.jpg

Old school metal and rock.
Up the Irons... take a ride with Motorhead. Rock with Dio, Sabbath and Judas Priest. Don't forget Metallica, Megadeth and Pantera.
Three hours of in your face music just the way that I like to bring it to Little Friday... oh, and this one is in world!
Set starts at 9pm EST on the dot, if not a little earlier.