3DXChat Community

Screenshot Issues

DireTeddyBear

OK, here's one for you folks that have been dealing with this software longer than I have:

I use Rochi's mod in the game, and the 64-bit mod. To shield myself from the issues with the patcher colliding with these mods, I have copied the entire 3DXChat folder to a new folder, and modified that version and run from there. So when then patcher starts I can kill it, start the original folder and let it patch that one, and re-copy and re-modify it. And avoid having to reinstall everything each time the patcher runs.

Now, here's the odd part.

When I first installed 3DXChat, I had to deal with the Windows 10 permissions issues in regards to the screenshots not creating files. I don't recall all the particulars, but it was a pain. But, I got it working without having to run as Administrator or anything like that.

Now, when I run from my copied directory, the screenshots aren't working.

I have gone through and matched up all Sharing and Ownership so the two installs are exactly alike, but to no avail. So far, I have not been able to figure out what I am missing.

Has anyone else dealt with this and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

My screenshots werent being saved as well and I couldnt figure out why for ages. the reason was that avast was blocking 3dx from creating the screenshots as it thought it was ransomware and was trying to modify my files.. so after i gave it permissions it worked. dunno if that has anything to do with your case

That did it!

Thank you so much, folks. I had forgotten about the exception in my anti-virus program.

I knew someone out there had run into this.

Again, my Thanks!

thing is i have exeption on my antivirus but still not works only works if i disable my antivirus lol

so if i want to screenshot i disable 10 mins take screenshots n again enable lmao hahaa

i dont know why even with exeption still do that lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hi every1.  "Please help" My screenshots don't seem to be going to my screenshot folder anymore. Why is this?

I want to change my profile pic and I canny do it lol. Most annoying. Please please help.

Many thnx

Matt

• 3 weeks later...