3DXChat Community

Cursor goes missing

TheMeaganG90

Hey, ME too. Whew  :)  thought I was the only one.  :blink: 

It happens to me sometimes if I linger to long in a room with lots of peeps... with multi chat boxes going while dancing… or some other activity.  ;)  Guessed it was me… over taxing my vid card, ( std lappy with 12 Gb RAM, not a gamers rig.)

Anywho, when this happens to me… am forced to use (Alt+Cntl+Del)… then End Task for 3dx and then reboot her again. Only way I know… if there is a better or faster way to recover, would be interested… or a way to prevent would be even better as long as it doesn’t include the purchase of a gamer’s rig.

• 3 months later...

None of those things worked for me. My mouse is still invisible inside the game window. Nothing suggested so far works Except shutting down the whole game and rebooting. Ive had this issue before and someone told me a way to recover it and it worked! but I cannot remember how They told me to do it. Now I am frustrated because the mouse disappears the moment it enters inside the game chat frame. Its invisible totally.

Meiling n Hazy’s advice works for me when my cursor decides to play hide n seek...  /me waves THANKS  while hanging out in 3dx  :)  but another friend suggested this tip if that didn’t work…. perhaps it will help you.  Unless you’re an Apple girl.   :rolleyes: 

Sometimes users accidentally turn off the mouse pointer via their keyboard. The key F5 is generally used to disable the mouse so try pressing F5 to re-enable. If that doesn't work then try a different fn key (function key) evidently it is mfg specific.

Sure hope this helps or ya find one that does FAST. Sucks losing your cursor or ability to type while in the midst of FUN. Reboot or relog ruining the moment, a speed bump in the flow. :angry: 

I have had the same issue in the past, and have it from time to time. ctr+c only works to bring it back if I used it to hide it.

It does not work when it just vanishes on his own. I have not tried the function keys as Kait sugested. I will try that next time.

But my guess is that it has something to do with graphic interface or something like that. Cause I can see my mouse pointer if I alt tab out of the game, but in game it keeps off.

My guess is the ctrl+c and fuction keys may work if you accidentally hide your coursor, but not if it's a graphic bug as it seems to be in my case.

I have had the same issue in the past, and have it from time to time. ctr+c only works to bring it back if I used it to hide it.

It does not work when it just vanishes on his own. I have not tried the function keys as Kait sugested. I will try that next time.

But my guess is that it has something to do with graphic interface or something like that. Cause I can see my mouse pointer if I alt tab out of the game, but in game it keeps off.

My guess is the ctrl+c and fuction keys may work if you accidentally hide your coursor, but not if it's a graphic bug as it seems to be in my case.

I think you mean or meant shift+c which has always worked for me but you have to make sure the chat window is inactive or closed

• 7 months later...