3DXChat Community

I think we need a dislike button in these forums

Twiggy

Then unfortunately you feed the issue of going off topic and driving people away because everything is swamped in drivel. 

I'm all for free speech and freedom and I dont care for moderation either myself but topics are made and given a subject for a reason.  You could PM me about above, I'll gladly answer you.

So if we dont have some kind of order here, or recognise what isnt on topic or not,  whats the point.?

And insults , arguments just crappy behaviour to someone just isnt very nice.

Dont be a part of the problem... be part of the solution.

And name calling  really?  When all we want is a nice forum?

PM is useful too. I dont need a public platform to tell people what I think of them.

I'm just asking nicely to make this place enjoyable.  Whats so wrong with that?

Seems the discussion has changed from the like button to keeping things on topic.   ...    Cool.  

Now I'm all for keeping on topic but I will say this as I pointed out the OP is pointing out things without including others.  If you give your boss a report without all the information how can they decide what to do next or how to handle a situation.  Now I was on topic and pointed out the differences that I seen which Twiggy said that would be changed to reflect what I give.  I shouldn't have to find it as the information is there.  If you want a feature added give all the details that back it up.

Well the flip side of that is,

To all those saying ignore the trolls and ignore those who respond to them and the forum is sunshine and roses. Why the fuck are you posting to say that, having clearly been following what’s going on? Surely you don’t give a shit because your ignores work fine and you aren’t affected by what goes on in the forum so step out and let it be a flame war?

I know you don’t think that way at all, just saying. It’s like walking in on a prison riot in progress to say “i’m not bothered by any of this”.

I am sorry Mei but ignore only means you don’t see the lies and abuse that is posted. It does not stop the bullies doing it. Only the moderators can do that.

Ignoring is not feeding. It does not mean that you don't report.

You should read this

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

Stupid people take revenge blindly.

Weak people who like to think of themselves as virtuous pretend to forgive to appear as such.

Weak people, or stupid people who like to think of themselves as strong, ignore.

Rational people:

They don’t forgive, because to forgive means to relinquish power and leverage. The only time a rational person forgives is when they know that the other will not forgive themselves. In that case to appear to forgive increases perceived virtue without sacrificing power.

They don’t ignore, because to ignore gives others power over you. They tolerate minor things, for to react to those shows weakness.

They don’t take revenge, for the vengeful are easily manipulated, revenge is personal, and it’s moronic to get personal when 80% of the population are too stupid to be held responsible for their own actions. Instead they establish consistent rules which act as impersonal facts. Actions must have consequences.

It’s like training animals. You aren’t mad at your dog for doing something wrong, but you signal to it that it was wrong to train him to act the way you want.

All of the above can be intelligent. Intelligence and stupidity/vanity are orthogonal concepts. Intelligence says nothing about what a person values and how reasonable they are. It only says how quickly they can think, and how complex the concepts they can grasp can be.

Intelligent people can be stupid, and unintelligent people can be rational. The latter just need a little more time to reach their conclusions and don’t have access to higher levels of abstraction.

Stupid people take revenge blindly.

Weak people who like to think of themselves as virtuous pretend to forgive to appear as such.

Weak people, or stupid people who like to think of themselves as strong, ignore.

Rational people:

They don’t forgive, because to forgive means to relinquish power and leverage. The only time a rational person forgives is when they know that the other will not forgive themselves. In that case to appear to forgive increases perceived virtue without sacrificing power.

They don’t ignore, because to ignore gives others power over you. They tolerate minor things, for to react to those shows weakness.

They don’t take revenge, for the vengeful are easily manipulated, revenge is personal, and it’s moronic to get personal when 80% of the population are too stupid to be held responsible for their own actions. Instead they establish consistent rules which act as impersonal facts. Actions must have consequences.

It’s like training animals. You aren’t mad at your dog for doing something wrong, but you signal to it that it was wrong to train him to act the way you want.

All of the above can be intelligent. Intelligence and stupidity/vanity are orthogonal concepts. Intelligence says nothing about what a person values and how reasonable they are. It only says how quickly they can think, and how complex the concepts they can grasp can be.

Intelligent people can be stupid, and unintelligent people can be rational. The latter just need a little more time to reach their conclusions and don’t have access to higher levels of abstraction.

What an edgy childish chunk of text I just had read lol.

What an edgy childish chunk of text I just had read lol.

I didn’t write it, sorry to disappoint. It’s from a clinical psychology quora blog. Different people have different perspectives. I see you turned it into an attempt to insult though. Perhaps making a point to contradict that opinion would have been more productive to the discussion.

You muddy the water, no. The point is that the rules are not applied to a small group of people. This is wrong and is a cause of the behaviour on this forum. The small group of people know this and take advantage to harass, bully and abuse. Some of us want this to stop. Ignore does not prevent it, only prevents seeing it. Removal of abuse would not affect the people who carry on regardless. It only affect the people who bully.

Bloody hell, KnobheadT! Do you understand that what you said above means that you see all women as whores who deserve to be slapped? Does this include the people you think might be women who you claim as friends. Actually I think you know all this but you say stuff like that because you think it’s funny. Violence towards women is a huge giggle ................ not.

To digress I think recent posts by the ‘man’ himself and his inner circle show who is likely to be an alt, who isn’t and who they are alts of. Simples really.

You muddy the water, no. The point is that the rules are not applied to a small group of people. This is wrong and is a cause of the behaviour on this forum. The small group of people know this and take advantage to harass, bully and abuse. Some of us want this to stop. Ignore does not prevent it, only prevents seeing it. Removal of abuse would not affect the people who carry on regardless. It only affect the people who bully.

Bloody hell, KnobheadT! Do you understand that what you said above means that you see all women as whores who deserve to be slapped? Does this include the people you think might be women who you claim as friends. Actually I think you know all this but you say stuff like that because you think it’s funny. Violence towards women is a huge giggle ................ not.

To digress I think recent posts by the ‘man’ himself and his inner circle show who is likely to be an alt, who isn’t and who they are alts of. Simples really.

I only quoted it so if it's changed later, the actual comment exists.

OMG i’m getting deja vu over and over again. Why don’t you make your point and have done rather than trolling with quotes. Maybe you just have nothing to say but still want to make some noise. Why don’t you take your clothes off, run out in to the street banging a drum shouting ‘look at me, i’m beautiful ‘.

OMG i’m getting deja vu over and over again. Why don’t you make your point and have done rather than trolling with quotes. Maybe you just have nothing to say but still want to make some noise. Why don’t you take your clothes off, run out in to the street banging a drum shouting ‘look at me, i’m beautiful ‘.

I only quoted it so if it's changed later, the actual comment exists.

So you’ve worked out how to edit quotes. Sooooooooooo clever? Just in case you’ve forgotten, here’s the original.

Ha sodding ha. You know, I know and.the whole of 3dxChat knows exactly what you mean.

Oh and btw adding an e on the end doesn’t make it ok or alter your meaning.

Some troll-lo-lo-lol-lol people say something in an original post to get a reaction, then they sometimes go and edit it later to make it much more mild or innocuous so it seems like they weren't so bad in the first place when people read back up the thread and it looks like the other person who reacted is actually making a big deal out of nothing. Fave trick of some. This is why it is indeed a good idea to include the original post as a quote in your reply as standard practice so they can't alter it and people can read what was actually said. I do it a lot.

Right, but still the same happens other way around... for somebody outside this is no longer traceable. This place feels like Gotham, maybe I should switch on the signal!

batman-lightup-1-1024x576.jpg