3DXChat Community

I think we need a dislike button in these forums

Twiggy

I found some really interesting facts in the "Overall top posters" section of this forum.

Looking at how I rate in this has me actually thinking about my posting and maybe I need to change how I go about things in this forum.

I went through 6 pages until I found where I am listed, and noted down some of the main people known in this forum of late, and how they seem to rate.

Nmae.                           Date Joined.            Posts.           Likes.           Average likes per posts.                         

RobT                             3/6/2016                  8234             6734            .81

Meiling                          13/12/2016              6436             10244          1.59

chloe                             11/9/2014                3319             8548            2.57

JessicaX                        5/9/2015                 1212             2361            1.94

Cordelia                         2/11/2014               1081             2464            2.27

Felia                               8/9/2014                 889              3580             4.02

Mar Mohan                    19/9/2017                872              449               .51

RobPathFinder              2/4/2016                  735              1535            1.84

Twiggy                          13/7/2016                 601              732              1.21

Xandisweet                   9/6/2017                   533              409              .78

Rockster                       14/8/2016                 510               507             .99

AHT                              9/4/2015                   445               964             2.16

As I said I looked at mine compared to others, average likes per post 1.21, a little under what appeared to be the average which is about 1.4

Which has me thinking I need to think about the way I go about things in these forums.

So now, having shown that and what can be taken from it I will get to the point of this thread.

I have seen in other forums that they have a dislike button as well as a like button.

I think a dislike button may help in members thinking twice before they post, and lesson the amount of crappy post that are so often appearing in these forums.

I am interested to know what other people think.

I found some really interesting facts in the "Overall top posters" section of this forum.

Looking at how I rate in this has me actually thinking about my posting and maybe I need to change how I go about things in this forum.

I went through 6 pages until I found where I am listed, and noted down some of the main people known in this forum of late, and how they seem to rate.

Nmae.                           Date Joined.            Posts.           Likes.           Average likes per posts.                         

RobT                             3/6/2016                  8234             6734            .81

Meiling                          13/12/2016              6436             10244          1.59

chloe                             11/9/2014                3319             8548            2.57

JessicaX                        5/9/2015                 1212             2361            1.94

Cordelia                         2/11/2014               1081             2464            2.27

Felia                               8/9/2014                 889              3580             4.02

Mar Mohan                    19/9/2017                872              449               .51

RobPathFinder              2/4/2016                  735              1535            1.84

Twiggy                          13/7/2016                 601              732              1.21

Xandisweet                   9/6/2017                   533              409              .78

Rockster                       14/8/2016                 510               507             .99

AHT                              9/4/2015                   445               964             2.16

As I said I looked at mine compared to others, average likes per post 1.21, a little under what appeared to be the average which is about 1.4

Which has me thinking I need to think about the way I go about things in these forums.

So now, having shown that and what can be taken from it I will get to the point of this thread.

I have seen in other forums that they have a dislike button as well as a like button.

I think a dislike button may help in members thinking twice before they post, and lesson the amount of crappy post that are so often appearing in these forums.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?app=members&module=list&max_results=20&sort_key=posts&sort_order=desc&filter=ALL

ZdHHcza.png

You seem to be picking and choosing who you're looking for to provide information as to who posts what and who likes what post.  Picking and choosing to try to make a point seems to have a motive behind it other than a dislike button.  I even suggested that we have the emoji buttons like Facebook has.

Adding that looking for my name I'm on page 4.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/members/?sort_key=posts&sort_order=desc&max_results=20&st=60knqpVEu.png

Looking at it now, you show you were on Twiggy in 2016 when it was 2017 but you also had an account Twiggy prior you had removed as did I.  You're also listed on the 5th page not the 6th page.  Should we count them into the formula or do they no longer count?

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/members/?sort_key=posts&sort_order=desc&max_results=20&st=80

ZrHHGvl.png

On the thing where I said 2016 instead of 2017, sorry my mistake, but not one that was anything other than a mistake with no intentions behind it like you seem to be implying.

If you look at what I said in my opening post you will see I said I listed down some of the main people in these forums of late.

If you look at the others you will find that they haven't been posting of late, that is how I selected who to put in that list.

I don't think listing any others would make any difference to my point, or even the point you seem to think I intended to make.

On the thing where I said 2016 instead of 2017, sorry my mistake, but not one that was anything other than a mistake with no intentions behind it like you seem to be implying.

If you look at what I said in my opening post you will see I said I listed down some of the main people in these forums of late.

If you look at the others you will find that they haven't been posting of late, that is how I selected who to put in that list.

I don't think listing any others would make any difference to my point, or even the point you seem to think I intended to make.

I figured it was a typo but anyone looking at it then mousing over your name might wonder.  I did and you should note all of them not just some as you've done.  I mean you can look at the Today's Top Posters and get an idea of who is posting and it not just the ones you have listed.  I mean there are some that post just as much as others and you haven't mentioned them.  Why point out a group and throw in a few others, makes it seem biased to me just by looking at it if you wanted to include those who have been posting recently, there should be a few more names on that list.  Just from what I see of posters on this forum there are more names to be added to this list than what you're showing.

Yes well sorry, some weren't in the 1st 6 pages, I only looked through until I found myself.

Look through the 1st 6 pages and let me know if you think there is anybody you feel I should have added, or even go through and find the people that are in the later pages, I will be happy to add them, or could even show their listings yourself.

Doesn't bother me at all, more info the better.

It was enough work to work out the average likes for the ones I did add without trying to list all of the people in the 1st 6 pages, or do you mean all the people in the entire list.

Oh and by the way, you haven't said what you think about the idea of adding a dislike button, what do you think ?

why in the fuck would anyone not post something for fear of a dislike, thats dumb as hell. its not like likes give you money. you folks take this sex game way too fucking serious. plus they already had something like that before and gizmo removed it because chloe and her "wife" were going to peoples profiles and giving them negative ratings. im sure i can find the thread about it if i looked lol

Did we? Well yes please go and find the thread Slander-Rob. Is it just me or is the amount of rubbish you spread across the forum increased since you "have let deleted" your troll diary?

To participate here... A dislike could work, like it does in several other forums out there but since we have zero administration right now again it is useless, like the whole forum. It's just the living room of the trolls right now and they seems to spend there whole social life in here. Poor trolls. What would they do if forum would get shut down?

Oh and yes I have a social life. Real like virtual.

Didn't knew this stat. Well the numbers are clear I would say. No need for a dislike ^^

I wonder how these numbers would look like if you remove alt-likes :)

I really don't see the point in having a 'dislike' button on forum messages, it's just a messaging board where people can share stuff or ask questions no ?

It is a real pity there's so much abusive talk and arguments in here.

I propose that those people go play Counter Strike... it's free and it's actually fun to hear the reactions of some men, when you open your mike and they hear they just got shot by a woman :D

I'm not sure a dislike button accomplishes anything, really. I mean I get the convenience of hitting a button over having to take the time out of your day to craft a response. On the other hand, one could choose not to engage. Or if you feel you want to support a person being attacked on here, rather than engaging the agressor, maybe send some love to the person in the line of fire? Send out some PMs, make a new friend.

Or we could get some moderators on here. Just saying. I don't know how many of you guys remember the shit storm this place became during the week the server was down, but a mod or two could have sorted it out.

Did we? Well yes please go and find the thread Slander-Rob. Is it just me or is the amount of rubbish you spread across the forum increased since you "have let deleted" your troll diary?

Several of you had and I pointed out that it was masked harassment on the threads against RobT, Xandisweet, ToxicallySweet and myself and even went as far as a mission to get him and now us banned on here but I can say this you and DarkFairy stated you wanted no part in the hunt to get RobT banned.

Didn't knew this stat. Well the numbers are clear I would say. No need for a dislike ^^

I wonder how these numbers would look like if you remove alt-likes :)

In what Twiggy showed there are only 3 alts, two of which are the same person and the other is someone else.

I really don't see the point in having a 'dislike' button on forum messages, it's just a messaging board where people can share stuff or ask questions no ?

It is a real pity there's so much abusive talk and arguments in here.

I propose that those people go play Counter Strike... it's free and it's actually fun to hear the reactions of some men, when you open your mike and they hear they just got shot by a woman :D

I agree with you.  I've seen normal discussions turn into fiascos because of the difference in opinion when others don't agree with what others think.  Shame really that's what a forum is about.  It becomes a round and round of who can one up the other.

Why do people feel the need to continually generate threads which will only do one thing, draw the usual drama.

Abbey

Agreed.

'Drama' is only created because a few people decide to start it, in threads which are just discussing normal shit. It really is totally in the hands of those who pick fights over nothing and any idiot can recognize how it starts. They manage to turn even the most innocuous discussions into an eventual shit-fight full of insults. What they want is to prevent people from talking at all and slink off afraid and timid and stop interacting, for fear that they open their mouth one time over expressing an opinion in a free adult forum (the game is 18+ right?) and they get attacked for it. I swear, the amount of nastiness and childlike behavior which goes on here is totally pathetic. I just keep getting reminded of the movie mean girls. Some people just get kicks out of being bitches it seems.

I have to agree on that.  There have been several threads that started out good until comments start getting thrown around.  Perfect example of a thread Am I a troll.  it went good then the masked harassment started right on the very first page with an attack against another user.  It started with one comment then others joined in and went from there all under the impression that it's right to do that to user(s) and a few other than to stop which in turns carries into other threads.  When that happens neither are right both are wrong and there is no reason for it.

I think a dislike button would be a really bad idea in forum.

There was one once in a previous game I played, not forum, the game itself where members could dislike in public rooms.

The trolls and alts had a field day.

One poor guy had well in excess of 400 dislikes on his avi when the average was about 50 to 100

Some members received dislikes in bulk -  30 or so in as many minutes.

Personally, I took little notice of these things but some members took the dislikes seriously and as a consequence began to boycott public rooms. It spoiled their play and the effect of the game.  Some even left the game through it.

Eventually common sense prevailed and the dislikes were removed and only likes remained.

Forum would only lose the very members, it wants tto attract.

Forum is nice the way it is,  without the disruptive members of course. Lets not give them extra tools to try and rile people or make "Dislikes"  as some sort of "Badge of Honour"