3DXChat Community

Rejoining 3dxChat, friends, forums, wc and the same old, same old.

Bridget_Cleary

I suppose this will provide an irresistable opportunity for the trolls but I really do think it has to be said. Like coming back on to the forums yesterday after three months away, nothing has changed, the same old, same old is happenning. So, I thought why the hell do I want to get back in to this. The simple answer is because I want to catch up with friends.

I left 3dx because of rl stuff, yeah I do have one and it is important to me. I'm glad I left but really miss my friends here. So the questions is - does the pleasure of catching up with friends outweigh the crap on WC and those occassional incidents of bullying that I've witnessed in game. I'll say it's borderline. The forums are a different issue but they provide an extra way to keep in touch with friends so the crap that goes on does impinge on what I do. At the moment the jury is still out - sorry friends I love you to bits but I think you understand. If rl continues to get more stable then that might tip the balance.

The bottom line is, maybe there's two of them.

First I think Gizmo is not making as much money as he could be because the crap on the forums puts some people off joining and the crap that goes on in WC puts some people off renewing. As an aside I think dealing with forum and in game crap is more important than more clothes, user created content and stuff.

Second since when has it been fun, and worth paying for, to read the drivel that goes on in WC and to witness bullying in game. The stuff that goes on in the forum kinda reinforces that, I mean like it seriously is not fun.

So trolls, troll away. I might or might not reply. Either way you make yourselves look like twats. People who want to pick up on this and dicuss it properly, then be my guest go ahead and I hope the trolls don't bully you. fwiw - I don't know about anybody else but it stands out a mile that the trolls cannot cope with the tables being turned on them.

In the absence of action from on high I'm not sure what it'll take to convince me to rejoin. Most likely I'll decide that friends far outweigh forum and in game crap.

Only three months away? 15 for me and, you're right, same ol' same ol'.
I don't explicitly try to avoid conflict. I'll respond to anything, if I feel like it. Perhaps I've been lucky. I iggy a lot of WC, which cleans it up a bit and I have at least one on the forum that I block. In neither case to avoid drama but just because of the type of comments they make. In fact, I've never really had any drama.
On the other hand, I try to contribute as much as possible... my cartoon strip (well, ex-car...), image accompanied suggestions for improvement, etc. I have a good set of "friends" here still and enjoy the building process. Those things and the excellent quality user rooms/music streams keep me busy so I don't notice a lot of drama involving others either.
I don't necessarily disagree with anything you say, except that you "think Gizmo is not making as much money as he could be." Well, of course, he could be making more but the fact that he isn't has nothing to do with the "crap" on the forums or WC putting people off. It is the high cost subscription for little development return by them, compared to other games.

My personal story, not that it is anyone's business, is that I decided to scrap the entire thing and start completely over from point number one. With that it requires a lot of changes in attitude and behavior, but those things are possible if you try. Obviously by reading these forums some people are going to be impossible to deal with no matter what you do. Many times it is like they have a Rolodex of cliche 3dx insults, that they reference in times where they have nothing else worthwhile to say. I am not impressed, though many times amused and that is fine, they make for good entertainment watching them fuss about like rotten children, and you just keep moving forward to better things.

Edited by Sleeper_Girl

Bridget? I don’t think I have ever quoted myself before on forums, but in the spirit of the self-proclaimed king of forums and his vast kingdom of four people, here it goes.

Many times it is like they have a Rolodex of cliche 3dx insults, that they reference in times where they have nothing else worthwhile to say.

Walked right into that one did you? You are confusing what I represent and what your friend does, who was also on forums as KyleGamer and KorbinDallas, perhaps while he was suspended for homophobic and gender shaming remarks, as well as offensive comments about someone's alleged mental illness. In doing so he made all the same insults, attacks, and yes, even poems on all three forum accounts. Roses are red, violets are blue? Perhaps short term memory loss may be a critical flaw in his attempts at multiple personality trolling. Your friend really left tons of evidence all over his crime scenes didn’t he. The most compelling parts being when he had conversations with himself on those same accounts as if he was talking to other people. Now that’s special. It is odd that those two accounts were permanently banned while his favorite account still remains, and not for lack of trying by several members to have it removed. As I said earlier this week, it will come to end eventually. Probably not today or tomorrow, maybe not even this year, since he has been festering here for so long, and being such a serious and malignant tumor, so deeply entrenched, he is admittedly difficult to remove. But it will happen eventually. Have a beautiful day.

Edited by Sleeper_Girl

Comparing the state of the forums and WC now and to when i started 5 years ago, its safe to say the place has turned into a circus. Its a playground for bullies, idiots and the like to fester and prey on people. When I first started we had moderators in game, Bran would not have tolerated any of the bullshit that goes on in WC now, most would have been on a 24hour ban within minutes if she was still around. Sadly however that sort of power went to her head, which happens when you have a moderator who is also an in game player.

We had moderators on the forums for a while, again this failed and I think a lot of that was again because they used people from the game instead of a person that had no links to anyone. Posts were been seen as favoured

because some things got removed where other stuff wasn't, helps when your friend is a moderator as certain individuals on here would most likely know.

The saddest thing is, in a time when society is trying to stop cyber bullying, trying to eliminate racism, and  people being called out for their gender or their sexual preference, it largely goes unpoliced on here. That blame falls largely back on the devs who seem rather to encourage drama than do anything about it because hey...nobody wants to join a game where everybody gets along and is happy, like reality television that just won't get people in. So instead we let the bullies and trolls get away with it and the occasional " don't do it again" is the only consequence.

I just hope that one day someone is not trolled or bullied so much that they harm themselves or take their own life.....and don't say ….that doesn't or wont happen, because it does and could. And if so, not only does it fall  back on those bullying, but on the devs for doing nothing to prevent it.

That last part was a very heavy and dark thought. Not going to add anything to it.

But on the topic of moderators, they have had them in forums too, but the same things happened that you just described. That is an interesting aspect of having sociopaths present here, they can be quite charming and manipulate people that provide them some benefit to their bigger agenda, so those same things happened here. Certain moderators had the shade pulled over their eyes and started to protect and favor some really horrible people while not hesitating to punish others not in their favor. That being said I would not envy any person(s) who had to moderate this game or its forums as they are now, but I firmly believe it has to be done by administrator(s), as it is currently conducted, and not other members. Mostly I think more options and avenues to self-moderation need to provided instead. More thorough ignore systems within forums and also methods to remove unwanted visitors in user shared rooms (an eject/boot option) and also the removal of general locations and world chat.

hey, looking for master -baiters and i hear you guys form a circle jerk, chanting lesbian folk songs while writing my name over and over while you orgasm. what you folks lack in penis size you more than make up for in enthusiasm 

Rob Rob Rob... you can't stop doing this? I mean calling all girls not sharing your opinion fakes? Welcome to reality Rob where girls can be as smart as boys! Deal with it.

I'm gonna make this perfectly clear, I am not him, nor is he me. Neither is Tox or Mar. His alts have nothing to do with us. And have not made an appearance during his response to the hate posts. You sit there talking on and on about how he shouldnt do this or that and yet YOU continuously do the same things. You aren't surprised he responded to what was written because YOU were part of the provocation. Take accountability for your own actions for once instead of pointing the finger at other people when you push someone too far. He and everyone knows what he does, it's that self awareness thing that keeps circling around... the problem here is the inability to think for oneself, if something that someone does offends you or puts you in a place where you feel threatened and there is an option to BLOCK that from your view then that puts a question on whether or not you enjoy what you've spent hours, days even complaining about. This insanity keeps happening over and over because people like to poke and prod when life gets tough making others feel like they have to defend themselves. Enough is enough. If yall continue to bait then it will continue to be responded to.

Go ahead and twist what I said as always. I mean only what I said, not your interpretation of it and not some deluded presumption of an attack or defending of one person because several times our names have been in question for the sake of a rise, happy now? I bet not.

The tables turn and you do not like it. I have explain Why I think how I do about his alts. I think that explain is clear. There is no justification for supporting gender shaming, bullying, minority bashing or any of the other things.

What I support has not been stated, what i do not support has been clearly stated, but ignorance triumphs in this case since you fail to see the difference between support and standing up against bullies. You use that term like a cloak to hide the wrong that you are doing. It is no longer masked harrassment it has come to the point that what you're doing has been brought to light and you can't take a step back to assess the situation, you create your own truths instead of listening. Therefore escalating a situation that could easily be stopped if you look at your own behavior and realize that it is the cause on several occasions, which in turn is why your previous accounts have been permabanned and his has not.

I have said before that I value your opinion, Mikey. It is not possible to prove one way or another. I do not understand why Mar, Xandi and Tox support, even like, telling lies about someone many times. Why they support gender and minority shaming and personal attacks.

It has been shown before that I am not Ciera. I made a post when she was not able to. I have strong evidence that RobT is Simon_M. It is a screen grab of a PM sent to me. The original PM was deleted, not by me. I do not want to make it public because of what he says about one of his supporters. That would create shitstorm. I think he remembers the PM. I think he will realise that if I have copy other people will too.

Ouch! I think that one touched a nerve. Just like I said in my OP, the same old, same old goes on. Perhaps I'll go back to rl and come back in another three months, maybe something will have changed. /me ducks as a squadron of flying pigs (some wearing lipstick) go past.