3DXChat Community

Tamsin's New Diary

TamsinUK

RobT and LilCal have nothing to offer my diary. They go away now.

Again, I have not been rude, or even very argumentative. Only spoke on my opinion which differs from yours. So thank you for also illustrating my point for me. I have no intentions to take over your diary. I have spoken my piece..I will step out for now. Sends out hugs.

Thank you Xandisweet, I think you will understand why I take your good wishes with a lot of caution. Now i ask everybody to take their altercations elsewhere, even those people i normally accept. I suggest a certain new diary that has appeared is a good place. I say that anybody can post here if they abide by my rules and show respect and talk with intelligence, humour and consideration for other people. I make exception for RobT who I do not want here again.

I do not think that is too much to ask.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1425-3dxchat-community-rules/

I'm posting this here because this may be your diary you can't control who or who does not post on it as it's public.  I'm not saying this because of anyone, I'm saying it because of what the site is.  You can't state they need to follow your rules, a user must follow the rules set forth by the Devs provide as this is their forum.

I'm posting this here because this may be your diary you can't control who or who does not post on it as it's public.  I'm not saying this because of anyone, I'm saying it because of what the site is.  You can't state they need to follow your rules, a user must follow the rules set forth by the Devs provide as this is their forum.

So helpful always, thanks Mar. Knew you did care.

I want to reply to Mar_Mohan. She has missed my point. I do realise that I do not have any control over who posts here. What I was asking for was for people to to show each other respect when they do. That is why I say it is not too much to ask. I would like this thread to be a beacon to show how the forums could be if people want it. I want it to be a positive diary. I want it to be a brave diary too, that does not avoid controversy. Where difficult topics are discussed with respect, intelligence and consideration for others. I would like humour as well, teasing is OK, no. Bullying and trolling will be reported. I think this is what was intended when the user diaries were created.

Ah ha!

I don’t see that on the mobile version so that explains it, thank you for stopping me from the use of my office computer to post to a a sex site forum test it lol

Okay I won’t detract any further. Carry on! As you were!

Using my celly right now and it works exactly the same on the phone’s web browser as on my lap top browser. I didn’t use the actual mobile app but going to check it out now.

EDIT: The mobile app was useless.

Thank you Xandisweet, I think you will understand why I take your good wishes with a lot of caution. Now i ask everybody to take their altercations elsewhere, even those people i normally accept. I suggest a certain new diary that has appeared is a good place. I say that anybody can post here if they abide by my rules and show respect and talk with intelligence, humour and consideration for other people. I make exception for RobT who I do not want here again.

I do not think that is too much to ask.

I want to reply to Mar_Mohan. She has missed my point. I do realise that I do not have any control over who posts here. What I was asking for was for people to to show each other respect when they do. That is why I say it is not too much to ask. I would like this thread to be a beacon to show how the forums could be if people want it. I want it to be a positive diary. I want it to be a brave diary too, that does not avoid controversy. Where difficult topics are discussed with respect, intelligence and consideration for others. I would like humour as well, teasing is OK, no. Bullying and trolling will be reported. I think this is what was intended when the user diaries were created.

I didn't miss your point.  While you want your diary to be one thing, that's all well and good but as you has stated and I quoted it this time, you don't have rules.  All you can do is ask people to be respectful in how they comment.  It shouldn't matter who they are as you even stated that.  Then you singled out RobT who you don't want on your public diary.  Given that we can't control it maybe not provoking a response would be a good start to keep the diary as you want it.  I do want you or anyone else to have a good diary or even forum but at the same time we all need to understand in this day and age, everyone has an opinion even if it differs from ours.  All the best in a good diary.

I try to set an example. That is all. I do not want RobT to post here because I do not think he will follow that example. I change my mind if he shows he can. I say the same to everybody else who I am not sure of. I cannot enforce my wishes, I can only ask people to abide by them. I do not want to have to enforce my wishes. The point of my request is for people to show that they can moderate themselves. I think you understand this and you are finding your own approach.

Today has been a better day on the forums. Very quiet therefore not a good example. I cannot hope that it is anything to do with my diary. That will come if enough people decide they want to be mindful of others.

Please forgive if you think I preach.

I try to set an example. That is all. I do not want RobT to post here because I do not think he will follow that example. I change my mind if he shows he can. I say the same to everybody else who I am not sure of. I cannot enforce my wishes, I can only ask people to abide by them. I do not want to have to enforce my wishes. The point of my request is for people to show that they can moderate themselves. I think you understand this and you are finding your own approach.

Today has been a better day on the forums. Very quiet therefore not a good example. I cannot hope that it is anything to do with my diary. That will come if enough people decide they want to be mindful of others.

Please forgive if you think I preach.

You are directly targeting one user who you don't like, this is considered a form of harassment as he's not even replied you thread recently, yet you continue to bring him up.  If you don't want a reply from him, wouldn't it be easier to not mention him or a masked comment directed about him?  I clearly understood the point of a forum and I know how to control myself as I do it very well even when things were horrific against me by others.  I don't think you preach but as I said in my previous post, if you wish to have a good diary make that change yourself, don't bring up others even without mentioning their name.  If you state you don't want bullies to be on this forum, lead by example.

I think that is what she wants. To show that I don’t have control over who posts here. That point is important enough to her so she repeats. That is ok if it is an honest belief, which is why reply. It is not ok if it intended to be annoying.

Mar, do you want this to just be another tit for tat argument?

It’s easy to play this game, I thought I showed you that. Don’t you want to rise above this now?

I think that is what she wants. To show that I don’t have control over who posts here. That point is important enough to her so she repeats. That is ok if it is an honest belief, which is why reply. It is not ok if it intended to be annoying.

So it's clear to both of you, no tit for tat, certainly no game or done to be annoying.  I'm pointing out that Tamsin is doing exactly what she doesn't want done which is bullying by flat out saying another user's name and/or using a certain person in place of their name.  I'm not trying to show you don't have control, I've asked you to realize you are doing exactly what you don't want done on this very forum and your thread which is bullying.  If you want to have a good diary, then lead by example, don't mention any user(s) where you're directly stating their name or state certain person/people or situations that people are aware of as then they know who you're speaking about as it is masked insults and harassment.

Again, you should really check out Manage Ignore Preferences, it is awesome. You cannot read what you cannot see.

I will do that. I had busy day in real today. Looking at today's posts I am very dissapointed. The usual troll activity has been bad. They have posted some really awful things. I do not want to read this. I do my best to show this for what it is, I make reports about any posts I think break the rules. I feel that I flog the dead donkey but somebody has to stand up for what they believe is right.