• No - Keep it free for anything like now
    • Yes - Pay to post but 50 xgold or less
    • Yes - Pay to post but 100 xgold or more
    • Yes - No cost but alternative to advertise rooms needed
    • Yes - No cost but World Chat needs moderating
    • Yes - Remove it and provide a way to advertise rooms

I voted to keep it the way it is now.

I see two benefits to WC:

1) I feel that World Chat is a terrible place, and I never read it, but I appreciate that most of that badness happens THERE instead of wherever I am reading. 

2) When I first joined, it was helpful to have a place to go to ask basic, newbie questions from wherever I was.  

All the other choices would remove one or both of those benefits.

Now, if you wanted to make a UI setting that let me remove the WC tab from my chat box, I'd be up for that.  Not a big deal, though.  It's easy enough to ignore.

Tlaera

Voted NO, do nothing. Yes, its full of adverts. Yes, it comes with LOTS of crap too. But just like Google… gotta put a bit of effort into sortin thru the BS to get what you want. Does Google also need fixin? 

We already have tools to deal with WC... if our very own personal "iggy" filters aren't enough... 3dx already has a backup for us… another Iggy/Spam filter. I suggest you learn to use it. Point n click, pretty easy. Don’t want to see any resources spent on features we already have available.

There are countless other areas I would prefer to see the Devs focus their time n resources. With limited resources comes limited development.

Is this really that important? When Local, Group and Personal chat are also available…. are we really that sensitive n lazy?  

I don’t believe most of us are.

Despite the vocal protest to keep wc as it is so far the vote is,

27 in favour of a change, paywall, moderation or removal

10 in favour of no change

Interesting how the louder voices can distort the perception of majority wants. Turn out is low so the majority i suspect has nothing to do with wc and doesn’t care either way.