3DXChat Community

Naming - when charged?

Doc

I was wondering if anyone knows when creating a new character when the 10k gold gets taken (at what step)?  The reason I ask is I've spent time trying to coming up with a good name for a character and I feel like I might end up with a name I don't like. 

This is what happens:

1. Pick name

2. Game checks if name is taken

3. If name is ok, it puts you in the char editor

4. Then you enter game

5. Gold pulled after log off??

What I'm wondering is, if I choose a name and then get to the character editor is there a way to not go through with the name if I don't enter the game at all and just log out then?  I hope I'm explaining this right.

P.S. Wasn't there talk about a renaming thing for a cost in game?  Did that happen?

The Cogwheel in Char editor , lets you change gender and or name for 20k :)

P.S Dunno when it gets charged but you cant even click it if you dont have 20k

Ok - thanks for that info.

I was asking also about when you just make another character for the 10k and when that gets subtracted.

When choosing a name write it in, then do not hit create character. Just tap with your mouse anywhere outside of the name field. It will let you know if the name is available without even hitting create character.

The second part, the gold is taken immediately there is just a bug where it doesn’t show it subtracted. Maybe tell 3dx about the bug. That’s it.

When choosing a name write it in, then do not hit create character. Just tap with your mouse anywhere outside of the name field. It will let you know if the name is available without even hitting create character.

The second part, the gold is taken immediately there is just a bug where it doesn’t show it subtracted. Maybe tell 3dx about the bug. That’s it.

OH!!!  That's a great tip!  Exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!  :)