3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates Discussion

Gizmo

World chat transformed into a platform for advertising clubs and parties. This is good, but since there is no limit, useful information is quickly lost in spam / flame.

The idea is when messages are not free, people send fewer useless messages to World Chat. And there will be more helpful messages.

Do it, just do it gizmo!  :wub:

RobPathfinder said...

"However there is no monitoring what is being put out there. When people over message, others put them on ignore thus the room is not shown nor attended. There are so many ways i can post a message without paying 100 gold to post the same message, if you are going to charge gold to post a spam, then offer a premade display."

I'm still not sure you understand. The proposal is not 100 xgold for a "spam" message, it is for every message posted in World Chat in the hope that will deter people from spamming. I don't think there are/will be any ways to "post a message without paying 100 gold."

Actually I did understand that was what could be the idea. Thing is I was hoping that it was not the case. I can understand why people protest WC as a bad spot for cyber bulling and spamming. However constant spamming usually become counter productive. People ignore constant spamming, spamming does not guarantee more room visits. My advice is if people do not like spams on WC ignore the spammers, got issues with a person that is constantly negative ignore them, if however people wanted to pay 100 gold to spam or advertise their room then make a premade sign with it's own color. That is something people may actually pay for.    

World chat transformed into a platform for advertising clubs and parties. This is good, but since there is no limit, useful information is quickly lost in spam / flame.

The idea is when messages are not free, people send fewer useless messages to World Chat. And there will be more helpful messages.

As an addition to this idea, make it so people can add more details to the room when listing it? Theres no room in the current browser window, but maybe a redesign of it and/or add a small button to the listing that pops a window so more info can be added and viewed?

I definitely like the idea of adding more info on the Rooms.  Maybe even a mini pic of the room.  I know it only takes a minute to pop in and check a place out, but more details about the room than just:  "BBC - All Sluts Welcome" would be helpful.  :)

I do not think this is the update we are asking for. If there are too many spam you should try to put a button in the text chat that allows you to ignore the user for 30 minutes, then unlock automatically. The updates that we ask and suggest do not center with what you say in my opinion Gizmo, people have been asking for tattoos for years, poses FFF MMM, which makes sense to ask a question like "Upcoming Updates Discussion" if you know what we all want , for me you would solve many things by putting the pose editor and the clothes editor. We could do poses MMM FFF tattoos clothes earrings hats shoes and many other things. People do not care to read spam in the text chat, if I do not want to read them I ignore them directly. Do not turn the speech your way, because if really in the next update put this bullshit to limit text messages in the world or local or pvt, and moreover have to become paid, I will find myself changing the game, me and everyone who They are probably with me. It seems only to me to take this your Gizmo answer. So many questions to answer ... and answer us with this? It does not make sense. Excuse me, I do not agree with you this time. Good job Gizmo.

world chat is still used as a platform for chatting also, by making it cost gold you are hurting the people who use it for chatting more than the advertising people... people who are annoyed of spamming can simply right click> ignore the spammer.

also while we are on the topic of chat channels... I think having the ability to create a chat channel that certain user who was invited in it gets automatically logged in it when they log in the game can be very helpful for all the groups/clubs that exist in 3dx

Damn... 100Xgold is a bit pricy to say hello to world chat

I don't think it's a good idea to make the world chat messages paid, It will kill it more than it is now, especially when we have the ignore option when a spam annoy us.

Imagine a bit: 

-me- Hi oueurlde (-100 Xgold)

-person x- Hi Rukyaa, how are you ? (-100 Xgold)

-me- I'm fine thanks (-100 Xgold)

-me- How about you ? (-100 Xgold)

etc...

Wayyyy too pricy lol. If we must pay to write in wolrd chat, i will simply stop to write in world chat.

I don't think it's a good idea to make the world chat messages paid, It will kill it more than it is now, especially when we have the ignore option when a spam annoy us.

Imagine a bit: 

etc...

Wayyyy too pricy lol. If we must pay to write in wolrd chat, i will simply stop to write in world chat.

lol thats a good joke... the updates in this game are more and more funny...

Imagine a bit: 

etc...

I think he meant the opposite gizmo.

That is to pay 100 gold for not reading people's spam.

Felinia: WELCOME ETC ECC ETC ETC ETC ETC (SPAM) - 100 gold

EXAMPLE:

Leleoo: hello all :)

Gizmo: Hello!

XXXXX: HEY YOU, WELCOME MY ROOM! SUCH AS! (SPAM) -100 gold

I think you will have the choice to delete some spam, not to write for 100 gold.

However I find it a not good idea.

also since you claim that useful info is getting lost... how many useful information do you think are gonna get lost when you put a price on posting them???

Seriously, if you don't like spam in World Chat...

1 - don't go in World Chat

2 - ignore the spammer

Don't fucken charge people to message there... normal people use it to chat too. That's the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard. You already gave us the tools to sort it for ourselves.

Also... would be nice to have the option to have multiple group chats instead of only being allowed to join one at a time... dunno if that's already been mentioned.

USEFUL STUFF BEST DELIVERED  IN PRIVATE MESSAGES , THIS USEFUL TIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY YVONNY :D

AND THE DAY THIS UPDATE RELEASES IS THE DAY WORLD CHAT DIES...

I DON´T GET HOW YOU COULD EVEN THINK OF THAT TBH, IF YOU ARE ANNOYED BY SPAM ,THERE IS A FOOOKIN IGNORE FUNCTION FOR A REASON ;)

IGNORE TEXT MESSAGES NEEDS TO COMEBACK BEFORE HAVING TO IGNORE SOMEONE FULLY

END SENTENCE DONT MAKE WORLD CHAT 100 GOLD PER MESSAGE 

If the charge is to block out the spam instead of using ignore on a specific name I like this. It allows us to see clubs that those people own without having to read "HEY WE ARE OPEN COME IN" type messages. I understand the want to advertise there just no desire to read it since I can look at the room list and choose. This is a good option to filter other spammers without the need for ignore too. I don't see the real issue IF this is how it's set up to work not us paying to post but us paying to filter out certain things instead. To me this is a win and cheaply done rather then just using ignore when we just don't want to view that specific thing.

Posted Yesterday, 06:13 PM    By   Gizmo

"We want to make a paid world chat to avoid spam. What do you think about it?

All other chats will be free of charge.

6vrjplW.png 

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Personlly I think this is a really bad idea.

You will be  penalising the very people you want to attract  to 3DXChat:

The hosts of rooms, the DJ's,  the creativity of the builders, the very people who make the effort to enhance the experience of the game.

Of course we advertise our rooms in World Chat... why?   Because it publicises to everyone online. 

Some of us also advertise in Forum. 

What chat are we interupting by our ads?

The people who are nasty to each other?  The interesting conversations that insult other members?

If they dont like the Ads, they can chat in group, or PM.

Besides, WC has as much right to be used by Room Advertisers as the ones using it to publicly chat.

It seems harsh to charge people for wanting other members to experience their room, yet its ok for WC to be open to abusive members who go unchecked.

Please do not charge for advertising rooms. 

You will be penalising your positive members.

Paid world chat? Sorry, no, I simply put spammers on iggy or do not visit worldchat.

Bring the pose editor you did a poll for and the amazing update you announced which was so amazing that you could not tell what it is as the work of it has not eben begun. I am waiting. - After that we may discuss on other things that we should pay for.

Again: First do things you already asked for and maybe bring some new actions and moves to avas, last really new was wall pose and pool poses. It's VR world and nothing new is done except some run of the mill poses. Our possibilities to move and act in the world are still extremely limited. Work on that before we leave, days are ticking down, not much time left.

Thanks for listening though I know it will not change anything.

Are people reading and taking this in!? It will be 100 gold per message every time someone wants to chat in WC? How is that good for the people that don't spam and want to chat freely there?

Who

The fuck

Chats

Freely

In wc?

I haven’t seen it, go to local or group, or pm.

Poor Gizmo literally can’t do anything to please you people. Nearly everyone complaining I never see chatting in wc. Strange.