3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates Discussion

Gizmo

Damn... 100Xgold is a bit pricy to say hello to world chat

I don't think it's a good idea to make the world chat messages paid, It will kill it more than it is now, especially when we have the ignore option when a spam annoy us.

Imagine a bit: 

-me- Hi oueurlde (-100 Xgold)

-person x- Hi Rukyaa, how are you ? (-100 Xgold)

-me- I'm fine thanks (-100 Xgold)

-me- How about you ? (-100 Xgold)

etc...

Wayyyy too pricy lol. If we must pay to write in wolrd chat, i will simply stop to write in world chat.

Just imagine how sad Olesya she 's right now.

World chat transformed into a platform for advertising clubs and parties. This is good, but since there is no limit, useful information is quickly lost in spam / flame.

The idea is when messages are not free, people send fewer useless messages to World Chat. And there will be more helpful messages.

Here is the definition of a SPAM according to a dictionary 1. irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients. 2.TRADEMARKa canned meat product made mainly from ham. 

Meaning the ads for parties on WC actually prevent SPAMMING to individuals through private messages or local to local, since it is easier and more relevant to put one message on WC then on local or through private messages. So the party ads are not really the spamming since they are not irrelevant or inappropriate. Inappropriate messages by individuals using alts however those are the spams. It is well past time that if there is proof of individuals using alt accounts to send misinformation, that those individuals and their various accounts as a whole should face suspension, not just the avi that is really how SPAMMING is avoided. 

Unless you want to boycott the actual SPAM (#2), then hey do as you want..

10 sec or 20 secs cooldown time wont reduce spam etc 100xgold seems kinda pricey but 50xgold is super fine 

lemme explain now.

1 you said what if some new ppl want to ask for help right ? .....well those new ppl can simply go into a room n ask in local for w/e help they need n not in wc :)

2 you want to advertize ur party etc pay the fee ..u already pay to up ur room 300xgold 50 xgold to advrtize it its not bad :)

3 you want to troll in WC pay the fee :)  why troll free 

4 you want to make drama in wc pay the fee :)

we have pms local chats group chats free 

So as you see a paying WC is only for the best troll n drama from now on will only help game to have more updates :)

If we are going to do that why would we still call it World Chat, as it will no longer be a chat block, it will be for paid ads and people who want to throw slurs and start rumours.

Also what will happen when the trolls start going into local chats to do thier ego tripping, will we then have to pay for local chats ?

I know this is trying to clean up world chat, and I also know it needs it, but this is not the way to go about it.

What this is, is taking away world chat and replacing it with a money making tab where there will be no genuine chat.

Don't you see, we are fighting to try keep a world chat, yes it needs to be cleaned up, but no it does not need to be taken away.

If people need to advertise thier rooms, give them somewhere where they can advertise.

For the trolls, the devs need to start actually punishing them as they are often breaking the rules, instead they have been let go for far to long.

Taking away something from the game, which is what is happening here, making it so the few that do the wrong thing have to pay to be able to do so, means that the rest of us have to pay the price.

I am not just talking about having to pay to be able to say something in world chat, I am saying world chat will very much not be there for chatting any more.

There were things that world chat could be used for that neither local or group chats can do.

Yes it has not been used much for those things of late, but doing this will make it so it never will again.

Plus I really can't see it working, how many people do you think will go into world chat if there is no longer any real chat.

So advertising in their will become somewhat useless.

If we are going to do that why would we still call it World Chat, as it will no longer be a chat block, it will be for paid ads and people who want to throw slurs and start rumours.

Also what will happen when the trolls start going into local chats to do thier ego tripping, will we then have to pay for local chats ?

I know this is trying to clean up world chat, and I also know it needs it, but this is not the way to go about it.

What this is, is taking away world chat and replacing it with a money making tab where there will be no genuine chat.

Don't you see, we are fighting to try keep a world chat, yes it needs to be cleaned up, but no it does not need to be taken away.

If people need to advertise thier rooms, give them somewhere where they can advertise.

For the trolls, the devs need to start actually punishing them as they are often breaking the rules, instead they have been let go for far to long.

Taking away something from the game, which is what is happening here, making it so the few that do the wrong thing have to pay to be able to do so, means that the rest of us have to pay the price.

I am not just talking about having to pay to be able to say something in world chat, I am saying world chat will very much not be there for chatting any more.

There were things that world chat could be used for that neither local or group chats can do.

Yes it has not been used much for those things of late, but doing this will make it so it never will again.

Plus I really can't see it working, how many people do you think will go into world chat if there is no longer any real chat.

So advertising in their will become somewhat useless.

Dont worry all will be ok u will see  :P

World chat has been useless for years now, I don't see a point of it, else logging to the game and seeing someone yell toxic shit, pestering everyone, judging their fetishes or whatever fantasies they live and assuming their gender, or just some bunch of people throwing words at each other practicing the cyber bullying on each other for their own mental fun.

I already reported many people even some specific ones who been taking it personal with me and probably with some others and they just come around later with new alts to continue their harassment, and if we come to the reality we live in right now.. most of the people either use local chat, or just join their friends in a group chat, or just whisper other people trying to get to know them.

Making it cost money will simply make the trolls think twice before they burn their wallet, if they come to local chats, easy, just ignorelist them and let them bark as loud as they want.

Making it cost money will simply make the trolls think twice before they burn their wallet, if they come to local chats, easy, just ignorelist them and let them bark as loud as they want.

Yeah... But you can do that easy ignore step from world chat already as well, and also let them bark as much as they want.

Maybe the debate over world chat has gone full circle and it’s purpose is indeed advertising rooms and trolling. Without a live moderator it has already been shown it is difficult to enforce the rules for it including no spamming and several other rules involving not verbally attacking other members. Expecting everyone to do the right thing and follow the rules on their own is not realistic either. One solution might be to remove it entirely. The logic there being you do not have to police something that no longer exists. Will that end up hurting the game in the long run? I highly doubt it, but I guess overall I don’t know what the right answer is. Using ignore is an obvious one, the only down side being it cuts off your access to the rooms of spammers that you have put on ignore since you can no longer see them or their rooms. So maybe bringing back a ‘chat only’ ignore would be a good option too.

Yeah let's make chatting in a chatting game cost money... hey while we are at it, why not make it cost 100 gold to PM someone who's not in your FL... will also help control toxic people after all.

But... maybe we can have some kind of advertising strip at the bottom, that keeps rolling through ads... and to post your ad there for let's say 5 mins you have to pay some gold, can even make it bigger sum than 100 g...  some will argue that people will post ads also in world chat... well this is a community driven game, I think we should leave it to the community to iggy or report people who do that without imposing weird absurd rules on every one...

YMaSJn4.jpg

A news feed for advertising rooms is a nice thought, but realistically there will still be members that would just keep spamming world chat anyway, which would still require reporting and moderation. Along with that, what is to stop some members from using the news feed to attack other members instead of advertising rooms, only enlarging the moderation issue.

well its a 2 birds 1 stone  for Gizmo :) make trolls think twice before troll n also make more money 

this is how ppl that run buisness think to always kill 2 birds even 3 or 4 with 1 stone heheh

For one we all know how you love to charge for everything even when its not worth it but charging xgold will not make trolls think twice. Those that we complain about in world chat the most have multiple accounts with multiple alts so they don't care about spending their money to get coin to pay the cost to continue to be a nuisance. So none of that will solve any of the problems. Yes I agree they are very annoying and so are the room ads but you make it cost it won't change and if it does change it will be for the worst. People will then hop every room and send ads about their room in all other rooms, which I've seen done already. People will do anything for attention pretty much. 

I would agree that removing World chat entirely would encourage spammers and trolls to move on to local chats. With that in mind, creating an option for a room host to eject someone from their room would be a good option to add. I am not a 3D game programmer, but if the option could pop up something on the ejected person’s screen similar to the notice when a room closes. It could say something like You have been banned from this room. And hopefully another thing that could be programmed in is all of the banned person’s text disappears from local chat when they are kicked out. I think the last part is helpful because it helps people move on quicker from the disruption, not dwell on it and get back to enjoying their time.

One controversial suggestion I would make is removing General Locations as well. Instead making them available for download to be opened and even edited by individual members, so they can moderate those on their own too. I admit I would miss the Sin Club, Love Island and beach if removed entirely. The Saloon not so much, lol. So an option for members to still open them would be a good alternative. It was already proven to be successful with The Sluts in Public Bathrooms room, which copied the Night Club general location. That might be an unpopular suggestion, but just throwing it out there.

Edited by Sleeper_Girl

A news feed for advertising rooms is a nice thought, but realistically there will still be members that would just keep spamming world chat anyway, which would still require reporting and moderation. Along with that, what is to stop some members from using the news feed to attack other members instead of advertising rooms, only enlarging the moderation issue.

you are right... but since it's a place that shouldn't be used for chatting, I think making gold cost for posting there higher than the 100 g wont cause issues... which should act as deterrent at least...

but at the end of the day if gold is not gonna stop people flaming others there... what's gonna stop them from doing the same thing on paid world chat? which will circle us back to the fact that making world chat paid is useless idea.

But are you aware of all these Gizmo ideas? Do you take into account all these answers and answer us something? Or do we do "old ideas"? Created a post tattoos and piercings, many ideas and no conclusion ...
So many times I wonder when you create these posts if you really have the patience to read everything. :huh:

Here is a question, about WC, does it say any numbers what so ever about how many times an hour or 1/2 some one can post ads to their room? Because so far all we know is the price tag for talking in WC and the example posted does not show the ad repeated too many times, in fact it was only shown once in that section set as an example. If it is the trolls taking over WC causing constant spamming then that should be the issue not the room ads the trolls, problem with that is that some trolls are reported time and time again using alts accounts and Gizmo has not done anything to them knowing who the alt accounts belonged to. In fact when shown a page from the Pandora Program the victim that was hounded by the trolls was ignored as was the incident. So really what is the real reason for charging 100 gold in posting on WC, it is not the ads, people can ignore them if they get annoyed. This forum section really should be more for Afros and capes or something fun for rping.