3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates Discussion

Gizmo

5 hours ago, Aliviax said:

people will be able to make whatever pose they like :)

39 minutes ago, Ross the RoberT said:

because once its released and people get the hang of it, lots of people will start sharing like they do rooms . I

Why are you so sure that pose editor will work like a word editor? it's pretty possible that there will be another system. Maybe they will be approving some poses and adding them in the game for whole player base, while other poses will not even see a light. 

1 minute ago, Xizl said:

Why are you so sure that pose editor will work like a word editor? it's pretty possible that there will be another system. Maybe they will be approving some poses and adding them in the game for whole player base, while other poses will not even see a light. 

what u say isnt pose editor :) its like the system we have now if u have 3dsmax and a portfolio u make pose send to lisa :) 

They need to find a way to inform us, when we receive a pose request, to know what it is about, to have icons or something otherwise it will end up with peeps sending pose we dont want, or even using it wrongly, forcing peeps to go in pose they dont want by tricking them. So somehow there is some control or information needed on what users will create.

3 hours ago, Ross the RoberT said:

Yes, the way she explained sounds silly, already software that can do that and also if it was that way, have to think it would have already been done . Wouldnt be taking this long.   If i remember correctly, the room editor took a long time as well

thing is in unity there are many tools now to make animations in game all they have to do is buy a version ^^ and if they want adjust it also ofc wont be so easy as the build editor  but many ppl will be able to create new pose they want instead wait months get 1 random pose devs will make :) 

example lesbians cry years now for a lesbian pose -bdsm ppl cry for a pose ...

the pose editor as you post above gizmo post that he says they will make will solve all those issues .

Needless to say that making sex poses is faster than make a long dress ^^  in the standart workflow where people sit down in softwares like blender 3dsmax etc to create clothes model clothes make mesh or sculpt clothes then uv map unwrap them texture etc animation is a more straightforward :) all you want is a nice rig to work on :) 

My guess is it is not so much getting the pose editor to work, they seem to have done that a long time ago with the things they showed in these forums. I am also pretty sure they will have used one of the editor packages available in the Unity assets store and converted it to suite. It is more likely them trying to work out the best way to implement it. They can't just add it and have it so everyone can add poses and everyone can access them from where ever they want, the demands on servers and our own computers wouldn't be able to handle it. Likely it will be limited to rooms and permissions or the likes, but I think there would need to be a fair amount of testing go into any way they look at doing it. They would need to be sure it will not cause to much strain on things.

I doubt they are going to allow any creation of content that is submitted directly by users.  Anything created would have to be tested/approved by the devs and then added to an update.

If people could create and add directly there would be an enormous amount of buggy clothes and animations that would bring down the quality of the experience in the game.
The menu system would have to be entirely reworked to allow for the increase in body modifications, animations/poses, clothing and where people would store their clothes could be entirely incorrect  for where they should be stored.  Someone might create boots and list them under dresses for instance.
I cannot see anything being allowed in without approval on the dev side which is what they are doing currently with a few people creating new content.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of new poses and other content being created I just don't think it likely they will open up any form of direct submission to the game and there will still be a bottleneck while user created content is tested, approved and added.

14 hours ago, Twiggy said:

My guess is it is not so much getting the pose editor to work, they seem to have done that a long time ago with the things they showed in these forums. I am also pretty sure they will have used one of the editor packages available in the Unity assets store and converted it to suite. It is more likely them trying to work out the best way to implement it. They can't just add it and have it so everyone can add poses and everyone can access them from where ever they want, the demands on servers and our own computers wouldn't be able to handle it. Likely it will be limited to rooms and permissions or the likes, but I think there would need to be a fair amount of testing go into any way they look at doing it. They would need to be sure it will not cause to much strain on things.

Twiggy like the build editor not everyone can build and pose editor even less will be able to make so i dont see any issue with ppl share their  animation files with others.

Lets face it some orientations as game currently is will never get the poses they want they will keep dreaming and begging ... pose editor is their best bet to have pose they want and like .

20 hours ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

All bug fixes are first. No doubt.

They can walk and chew gum at the same time.  And with software, fixing a bug is often a question of choosing among different approaches.  The right choice might be informed by new feature development.  Fixing all the bugs first might result in fixing some of them again when the new development starts after, since it turns out that the bug fix is incompatible with the new work.  Bug fixing and new development happens on different branches but in parallel, so the developers can merge bug fix code into new development code at regular intervals and make certain things are aligning.  (If you're not a software developer, and are curious, look up "software management" to learn how software is developed using multiple branches that are synchronized at intervals. All software management systems, like Git, are organized around working on multiple branches at the same time.)

4 minutes ago, Ross the RoberT said:

so let me get this straight, the devs (who most of you call lazy) are going to take months and months to make an editor yet still create more work for themselves by having to hand pick items to use in game. that makes no sense because just as your post states, people create shit now without an editor. HIGHLY unlikely they are going to create something that has taken months that makes his and her job harder, not easier.

Are you saying they ARE creating such an editor to allow people to directly insert content into the game?
My post relates to in-game content like AVI animations, clothes, etc.  Not what people build in World Editor.

I am constantly amazed by what people build in World Editor.  I take every opportunity to give compliments when I visit rooms.
That is however not the topic of my post.

Apparently you misunderstood what specifically I was addressing in my post.  I should have been more clear since the topic of the room is upcoming updates and I was responding more towards Twiggy's recent post about pose creation tools.
The misunderstanding is understandable, I will try to be more clear in the future.  Perhaps you could refrain from mis-stating what I said as well since I never suggested anyone creates shit in the game.

31 minutes ago, SteveJackhammer said:

They can walk and chew gum at the same time.  And with software, fixing a bug is often a question of choosing among different approaches.  The right choice might be informed by new feature development.  Fixing all the bugs first might result in fixing some of them again when the new development starts after, since it turns out that the bug fix is incompatible with the new work.  Bug fixing and new development happens on different branches but in parallel, so the developers can merge bug fix code into new development code at regular intervals and make certain things are aligning.  (If you're not a software developer, and are curious, look up "software management" to learn how software is developed using multiple branches that are synchronized at intervals. All software management systems, like Git, are organized around working on multiple branches at the same time.)

I am not a software developer and I have no idea how it works. Thank you for information. 👍😊

1 minute ago, Ross the RoberT said:

people do create stuff in the game, the last poses were made by @Loruna, some dances were created by @FrenchTouchs and those two people have made clothes. the way they do it now is the way you say the devs will most likely do it after the editor which makes no sense, if they do that now, why would they need an editor for folks to do it.

My point was, if thats how they are going to do it, would make no sense to make an editor since people can make poses and clothes without it.

That was really what I was saying Rob.  I think we are actually in agreement, it was just a misunderstanding of what I was referring to as content and re-reading my post I see that it could easily be misunderstood.  I wrote it immediately after reading Twiggy's post about a pose editor and so that context was in my head but not stated in my message.

I do not see the devs making a new editor that would allow content to be put directly into the game.  The may or may not make one that allows easier content creation but I don't see how it would ever be direct into the game, it would likely still need an approval process like they are doing now.
I love the fact that they are allowing people to create and submit to them and they consider it to be added in future updates.
I don't see the system ever working like Second Life where anyone can create something and put it out there with no quality control.

It was on both of us.  I did not understand the issue at first and almost responded back far more negatively but I took a breath and a few minutes.  :)
I would have gotten angry if I thought someone was knocking on all the people creating rooms and objects in World Editor.
Not everyone has the same skill but people try and I respect it and help when I can.  
About the only thing I do in the game anymore is build and share out what I make.  Other peoples creations inspire me to keep going, I would never put anyone down for their  efforts though a lot of others do on a regular basis.

I spent a good 6 months working on my Overlook Hotel and people would come in with no comment other than "You need more wall poses" without a single positive word.
But you get that from someone no matter what you are doing in this world.

The pace of upgrades and new content has dramatically increased.  Some will always complain but I think they are making a much stronger effort now than at any time since I have been in the game which is going on three years now.

28 minutes ago, Ross the RoberT said:

people do create stuff in the game, the last poses were made by @Loruna, some dances were created by @FrenchTouchs and those two people have made clothes. the way they do it now is the way you say the devs will most likely do it after the editor which makes no sense, if they do that now, why would they need an editor for folks to do it.

My point was, if thats how they are going to do it, would make no sense to make an editor since people can make poses and clothes without it and submit it to the devs right now.

If i misread something you said, my apology

rob T not many have 3dsmax specificaly, i use blender for animations and not sure where the avatar rig is made and if its possible i can import the rig into blender so i start make sex poses for example :) 

21 minutes ago, HeatherK said:

It was on both of us.  I did not understand the issue at first and almost responded back far more negatively but I took a breath and a few minutes.  :)
I would have gotten angry if I thought someone was knocking on all the people creating rooms and objects in World Editor.
Not everyone has the same skill but people try and I respect it and help when I can.  
About the only thing I do in the game anymore is build and share out what I make.  Other peoples creations inspire me to keep going, I would never put anyone down for their  efforts though a lot of others do on a regular basis.

I spent a good 6 months working on my Overlook Hotel and people would come in with no comment other than "You need more wall poses" without a single positive word.
But you get that from someone no matter what you are doing in this world.

The pace of upgrades and new content has dramatically increased.  Some will always complain but I think they are making a much stronger effort now than at any time since I have been in the game which is going on three years now.

I love Overlook Hotel!  Spooky mirror face!  Your effort shows (and is appreciated).  Next time I'm there, I will make sure you know.

23 minutes ago, SteveJackhammer said:

I love Overlook Hotel!  Spooky mirror face!  Your effort shows (and is appreciated).  Next time I'm there, I will make sure you know.

Thanks Steve

I did not mean to suggest I don't get appreciation for my work.  Plenty of people have nice things to say.
I don't think people always understand when they make suggestions without any positive feedback that it just sounds like criticism.  Some mean it as criticism, some do not.  Depending on the mood I am in I might take it the wrong way but I try to just let things go these days.

I am glad you like the Overlook.  It was one of those things that started off innocently trying to make that carpet pattern just for kicks and then took on a life of it's own.  :)
I am straying from the topic of the thread though so to keep on topic, I would love to see future updates that provide for positive feedback and appreciation of peoples builds.
There is a suggestion for a featured rooms option that has some potential but I would love to see any other ideas.  Anything that could be built into the system to help support those putting in effort that benefits others in the game.

58 minutes ago, HeatherK said:

Thanks Steve

I did not mean to suggest I don't get appreciation for my work.  Plenty of people have nice things to say.
I don't think people always understand when they make suggestions without any positive feedback that it just sounds like criticism.  Some mean it as criticism, some do not.  Depending on the mood I am in I might take it the wrong way but I try to just let things go these days.

I am glad you like the Overlook.  It was one of those things that started off innocently trying to make that carpet pattern just for kicks and then took on a life of it's own.  :)
I am straying from the topic of the thread though so to keep on topic, I would love to see future updates that provide for positive feedback and appreciation of peoples builds.
There is a suggestion for a featured rooms option that has some potential but I would love to see any other ideas.  Anything that could be built into the system to help support those putting in effort that benefits others in the game.

Staying on topic, featured rooms would be great.  Might goose the user community to start generating more content.  With enough content, featured rooms could even be categorized as in "Famous Movie Locations" and "Real-World Places" and "Imaginary Castles" and so on.  I've seen people recreate things as pedestrian as a real-world subway station (from street level down to the platform) in great detail (ticket booths, snack shop, signage, etc), and they were fascinating to walk through.  They became meeting places in of themselves (not in 3dx but another famous 3d shared world game which will go unnamed).

"Where will I find you?"  "Come to the Overlook Hotel later."  "OK, see you there.  I'll bring the axe."  "Good..wait, what?"  "Here's Johnny!"

3 hours ago, Ross the RoberT said:

that way due to creating more work for them 

Well that depends on point of view. Time per item added in the game would be much less for sure, cheking other's works and choosing the good ones will take much less time than creating stuff themselves. Tho if they will add only stuff made by players and not do the stuff themselves it will make people ask questions.

3 hours ago, Aliviax said:

rob T not many have 3dsmax specificaly, i use blender for animations and not sure where the avatar rig is made and if its possible i can import the rig into blender so i start make sex poses for example :) 

forget about blender if you want to do animations for the game ))) DEV's use biped, it's a part of  3ds max, so you need to do animations only in it))) 3ds max our life )))))

Developers, when will we be able to color shorts, different jeans? There is no choice. Blue shorts,soft blue shorts, light blue shorts and black parody. I forgot where I can get offline mode to put rochi`s dll. for using colors. Simply make all Rochi`s mods work. Annoying really. It`s 2020.