3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates Discussion

Gizmo

Someone who does method A is not any less of a DJ than someone who does method B. Sure, it sounds cool if you get songs in matching keys and beat match or do some complicated poly-rhythm, then good for you, and other DJs will marvel at your craft. Beat matching is not the only way to transition between songs and when you have anything outside of electronic beats then beat matching becomes less of an option because human drummers can't keep a perfect BPM. What it is, is transitioning and a transition is such a small part of the process, sure it may sound a bit off for a couple of seconds if you try mixing two songs opposite ends of the circle of fifths, but most people won't even care. Most people care about the actual songs and feeling good, not your ability to transition between songs. A DJs main job is to entertain people, not impress other DJs and not to look down on other DJs who either don't possess your technical knowledge or simply do not care.

It would be as absurd as a rock musician claiming that a DJ in not a real musician because they don't play a "real instrument". There are no rules in music and there is no barrier to entry based on technical ability, there are only musical theory guidelines that can help point you in the right direction. The test of what makes a good DJ is whether people actually listen to and enjoy the music.

Edited by Mulan

1 hour ago, Ross The Boss said:

if its good music, most dont give two shits what the dj is doing during it. well, outside of you "real" djs

Its not about real DJs and people giving shits. Noone ever gave anyway... its about people downloading stuff from others and claiming it as their own and be like "Look how awesome I am"

And audience here be like "Yes god you so amazing"... of course it doesent matter cuz is all about "good music" and "noone gives two shits" but what I see here is 1 person making a fool out of others and others making a fool of theirselves to believe and want to give em rewards even! Thats basically what this is all about...

But then again people love to be lied to especially in this game so carry one be treated like dimwits and cheer to the amazing stuff around :D

Lifes good!

And yes!

Edited by Nikki

3 hours ago, Nikki said:

I cant believe i need to tell you the difference between this, but I will try anyway so...

The difference is

Method A: You sit back and relax in your chair waiting for your playlist to complete after 4 hours and 20 minutes while song after song plays in your Winamp Player that already has been forgotten in the session cuz its on Autoplayback. Its really zero effort (apart from the prepping of such lists wich mostly feel random still)

It is press play and forgot!

Method B: Someone who is sitting or standing behind a mixer for the same amount of time(might it be two or 4 channels no matter) and browses every song manually to find the perfect blend into each other by playing with the EQ's and volume sliders (called button and knob work) and perfectly beatmatching it.

Both need to select songs in the hope to please the audience, no questions asked. But the amount of effort put in comparison should be difference enough I guess...

But since most DJ's try it with Method A playing song after song or find pre-made DJ-set so they can put the DJ tag infront of their name and play famous in a sexgame, I made the statement in my earlier post. There shouldnt be any reward on top to encourage the fake machinima much more then it is already.

So effort is the difference?? 

So DJ "A" who plays a list of artists songs they most likely aren't paying royalties for isn't much of a DJ, and even if they pay royalties they arnt much of a DJ like a radio DJ isnt,  but some amature  DJ "B" sitting behind a mixer mixing tracks  to music they don't pay royalties too the artists fo,r and isn't  being paid real money for  ( and even if they pay) royalties is??

Not sure I see much of a difference tbh. 

However, if you do have rights to the music you mix, you could always  have legal counsel  file a copyright  takedown for you like real DJ's would.

Edited by THX

54 minutes ago, Ross The Boss said:

it seems foolish to care about someone elses crowds or what accolades they get or dont get because it really has no bearing on anything, its not like crowd size gets you free 3dx accounts or anything. At last check nobody gets anything for how many watch a certain dj but thats just me

For right now you are 100% correct.  Once DJ's start charging to spin though they will use those numbers to justify the price they charge.

I don't understand all these complaints against transfering/tiping xgold to others players. Since devs added the xgold peoples are complaining that they can't tip dancers or djs with xgold. It's 2 or 3 years now that peoples ask to be able to transfer xgold between players. And now that devs are about to give us the possibility, peoples are complaining against it...<_<

2 minutes ago, Leeloo said:

I don't understand all these complaints against transfering/tiping xgold to others players. Since devs added the xgold peoples are complaining that they can't tip dancers or djs with xgold. It's 2 or 3 years now that peoples ask to be able to transfer xgold between players. And now that devs are about to give us the possibility, peoples are complaining against it...<_<

Not everyone wanted it.  For some who did the impact of the reality is hitting and it is just being discussed not complained.  "Tipping" is voluntary.  "Charging" is a very different matter.

1 hour ago, Leeloo said:

No one can please everyone.

1 hour ago, SusanLouisa said:

Not everyone wanted it.  For some who did the impact of the reality is hitting and it is just being discussed not complained.  "Tipping" is voluntary.  "Charging" is a very different matter.

No one can charge something if you dont want it :) people can charge all they want But you have THE CHOICE  on what you will Do .

Well I am not sure what this is all about as I can't find anywhere where there has been any announcement of adding something like gold transfers to the game, but I assume it has been announced somewhere.

If so I think it is a good thing and something that a lot of people have asked for over the years, yes there has been a lot have said they don't want it but that can be said for every single idea that has been put forward.

As for the effect it will have on things like DJing I don't see the massive problems that some seem think will happen, yes there will be some that will abuse it but again that happens with everything that gets added. I think that Alivia has said something that is the biggest point said so far, CHOICE, as in in opens up a choice people can make on what they do.

If you are a DJ and you want to get paid for what you do then you can, if you still want to do it for free you can and I believe many will still do so. Some will charge sometimes and other times not. Some will only DJ if they are paid and others will never charge. But the big thing is they have the choice.

The same can be said for other things like stripping and prostitution and anything else where people will be willing to pay gold for the service, people will have a choice on charging for what they do and customers will have a choice on if they want to pay for those services. 

Maybe there will be some things where what has been offered for free everyone will want to be paid for doing, like stripping may go that way, but there is a plus there as well. Unless things have changed there were never really many people willing to strip let alone make up good acts when they did. Just maybe being able to earn gold for doing so will change that.

It is also possible a lot of services people have never even thought of will start appearing in the game, if they are good they will last and if they are not they won't. Isn't it true that if they are good they will only add to the game ?

Plus if it proves to be such a problem it can always be taken away again, but I hope this time the devs give it more than 24 hour trial like they did last time.

It is pretty much an assumption based on 1. Gizmo saying he may have to revisit the option of sharing gold (or something similar) and then a poll taken on the Discord channel. He never promised it and never mentioned a time frame.

Edited by SusanLouisa

3 hours ago, Twiggy said:

is also possible a lot of services people have never even thought of will start appearing in the game, if they are good they will last and if they are not they won't. Isn't it true that if they are good they will only add to the game

Till the first private eye business opens up and people start giving up information (true or not) for a bit of Gold. But I am tired of fighting it.  I'd rather sell the popcorn.

7 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

Till the first private eye business opens up and people start giving up information (true or not) for a bit of Gold. But I am tired of fighting it.  I'd rather sell the popcorn.

You know I looked at this and 1st thought yes that could be a problem, but then thought for me it wouldn't be as I never had anything to hide, but yes for those that do I could see that could be a problem.

7 hours ago, Aliviax said:

Btw 3dxchat should also sell a VIP service aside The current subscription  for more exclusive stuff for the ones that want to have more exclusive stuff :) 

example VIP service could give some QOF stuff  maybe more avatar slots maybe more exclusive dev locations you get the idea :)

What Do you think

I think the game where we pay for sub already includes it and everything. It is not ftp or btp model.

Edited by ☙𝔼𝕩❧

2 hours ago, Ross The Boss said:

If people stopped being so gullible and thought before acting on a whim, they wouldnt be duped.  At some point a person has to stop blaming others for the stupid lapses in judgement they make and take responsibility for his or her actions.  

While I do agree to a certain point that people can be to trusting in the game and can get hurt because of such, where if they were a little more careful it wouldn't happen so easily, I think we need to start putting the blame where it actually belongs. I see this lots where people are pretty much being told is their own fault if they get duped and to stop blaming others and hardly ever see people putting the blame where it actually belongs, the dupers.

For people reading these forums it must look much like 3DXChat is a place where you can do what ever you want, play people how ever you want even if when you know eventually they will likely get hurt, because when it happens you can say it is their own fault, they should have been more careful.

It actually happens in posts in these forums so much that it seems to be the accepted thing, if someone gets played and hurt they only have themselves to blame, the dupers seem to get not held responsible much at all. 

There are people in the game that are so good at playing people, lots of them, having them believe what they want them to believe and using the excuse that it is their own fault if they believe them that if you really want to keep yourself safe then you cannot trust anyone. That is how far it has gone.

The people who want to be able to trust get duped and lots end up leaving, whereas the people who do the duping tend to stay, so the game has filled with a certain type. So much so that perhaps a more correct thing to say is if you get hurt while playing in 3DXChat it is your own fault for playing it in the 1st place.

Edited by Twiggy