3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates Discussion

Gizmo

47 minutes ago, Phoenixsong said:

an idea for tattoos has popped into my little silly brain after seeing the very latest stockings

that idea is to use the same type of meshes (if that it the right term) and use them to create a new category of tattoo designs~ similar to how there are print designs for other clothing items, a new set of tattoo designs can be made too!

bhtCsjk.png

i dont know, but i am sure it could be used over the arms and the rest of the body too??? just a thought

@Slut does it for a long time. 

Edited by ☙𝔼𝕩❧
link

14 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

My avi on imvu has permanent arched feet when bare foot (as shown)  But still is capable of wearing both high heels and sneakers/flat shoes.  All it takes is a click of a button.  No sizers needed...

XJ18HAo.jpg\\

mrN1arG.jpg

b1dBr3T.jpg

U83Cbtf.jpg

vU5kseo.jpg

I5k03E4.jpg

HaVCuGC.jpg

yi5koUg.jpg

yeah if you have large enough boots and shoes to still stand on your toes inside them, otherwise it will change your height. Try standing on your toes and flat feet irl. 

Although I have no idea what is available in imvu and how the models are working, but in 3dxchat that is an issue. that's why we don't have height sliders, or anything, because poses don't match then.

Edited by Atalas

1 minute ago, SusanLouisa said:

Does that matter?  I don't care much as long as the shoes appear to be flat and look good with my outfit.  What my feet are doing inside the shoe is of no importance to me.

well In that case you already have a pair of sneakers (2nd pair) that are on the ground flat

2 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

No, not the same.  They still appear to be high heels where the ones I posted do not.  

well it depends on the texture they apply, but they have to be that big to be flat in 3dxchat.

Again I don't know how models work in IMVU, maybe there height changes are not an issue, and models don't have a pre determined size. But here the size of your foot, your height, remains the same

Edited by Atalas

4 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

And these?  Do they appear to be big/bulky with an arched foot hiding inside?

HaVCuGC.jpg

I edited my post with mor explanation. and YES in 3dxchat they must be big and bulky in order to be flat, unless they want to rework animations. Models are different here, and it's a different game. Here your height and feet will be the same size no matter what, (unless they care enough to rework teh models and poses for the sake of your shoes) and shoes will be huge enough to cover it

Edited by Atalas

Just now, Atalas said:

I edited my post with mor explanation. and YES in 3dxchat they must be big and bulky in order to be flat, unless they want to rework animations. Models are different here, and it's a different game.

I am quite aware it is a different game.  Don't misunderstand me.  3DX is my home.  But 3DX has one type of avi per gender.  IMVU has thousands.  And yet there is no adjustment needed for shoes on imvu.   With thigh boots there are times when thickness of thighs must be adjusted. On SL you must make sure to buy the right size shoe or the toes stick out the front and flap around.

Just now, SusanLouisa said:

I am quite aware it is a different game.  Don't misunderstand me.  3DX is my home.  But 3DX has one type of avi per gender.  IMVU has thousands.  And yet there is no adjustment needed for shoes on imvu.   With thigh boots there are times when thickness of thighs must be adjusted. On SL you must make sure to buy the right size shoe or the toes stick out the front and flap around.

I think the main issue is with the poses here. and all animation on foot. Otherwise they could easilly add a height slider to the character editor, since We like diversity in everything. 

As some of you assume correctly, the poses are fix animations. Like videos that get played over and over again in sex and other actions. Only small additions are able to be made. Like moaning.

That's a reason (I think) why we dont have height sliders at all and why we never will have flat feet. Well, at least until they change their method of making poses. But then, they would have to redo or import the existing poses into the new method.

Little fun fact: The reason, why the men and futas dont have a slider for penis size is this: The penis size does change, but automaticly when you choose a pose. Just test it with bob or betty if you want. The penis is really long when you take the MF Vaginal riding pose (on the couch), and if you compair it to the MF BJ pose where the men slaps his penis in the womens face, it is much smaller 😂

Why do I know that? 'cause I made some poses a year ago, but they never got into the game because... well... never got a reason for it to be honest 🤐😕

Edited by Loruna

17 minutes ago, SusanLouisa said:

Did you use Blender or Sketchup?  I have often wondered which was more 3dx friendly.

I use 3dsMax 2019. Back, when I got the models from gizmo, they were already in the 3dsMax format so I choose it. I think that just depends on what you prefer.^^

1 hour ago, Loruna said:

I use 3dsMax 2019. Back, when I got the models from gizmo, they were already in the 3dsMax format so I choose it. I think that just depends on what you prefer.^^

Do you mean you actually got the avi models from Gizmo ? like including the body mesh

11 hours ago, Rodin said:

It is really not easy as far as I know ! I am not 100% sure but it seems for me that a Female Avatar has always feet with a "High Heels" let`s say "System", This means that the heights of a female player will be different for all the existing poses  since released now! 

But you are right asking this ! Flat standing feet are natural and with sneakers too !

Just an example what I mean why this is so hard to make ….

hdthighheels.jpg

One way I have seen the flat heel and high heel design work in another game is by not changing the height, but changing the length of the lower leg(from knee down) so when you take shoes off or use flat shoes the shin becomes longer.

6 hours ago, Twiggy said:

Do you mean you actually got the avi models from Gizmo ? like including the body mesh

Well, to be honest. I got the models 2 years ago, and only the .max file of it. I don't really know, if they have the body mesh or not,. But to me, it looks like it:

Picture

In this pic, you can actually see why it is hard to do a titjob, for example. The devs are working with that breast size. Smaller or bigger would not match the animation, in the end :D (when they didn't changed it. As said. I got them two years ago.)

44 minutes ago, Loruna said:

Well, to be honest. I got the models 2 years ago, and only the .max file of it. I don't really know, if they have the body mesh or not,. But to me, it looks like it:

Picture

In this pic, you can actually see why it is hard to do a titjob, for example. The devs are working with that breast size. Smaller or bigger would not match the animation, in the end :D (when they didn't changed it. As said. I got them two years ago.)

Thanks :), Yes that does have the body mesh, which a lot of people tried to get to be able to make clothes, you need that model to do so, or at least be able to make things like dresses and such. The .max file can be loaded into several different programs for creating clothes, it is a file that belongs to 3DS Max but is a fairly standard file that lots will load. Are you able to hand it out to interested people, I am sure there still would be some that would be interested in making clothes if they had those models to fit them to. Also if you know where it may be available maybe would be an idea to talk to Ash to see if he can update his how to do custom content thread in this forum.

14 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Thanks :), Yes that does have the body mesh, which a lot of people tried to get to be able to make clothes, you need that model to do so, or at least be able to make things like dresses and such. The .max file can be loaded into several different programs for creating clothes, it is a file that belongs to 3DS Max but is a fairly standard file that lots will load. Are you able to hand it out to interested people, I am sure there still would be some that would be interested in making clothes if they had those models to fit them to. Also if you know where it may be available maybe would be an idea to talk to Ash to see if he can update his how to do custom content thread in this forum.

I don't know, if I am allowed to hand them out. I had to send a portfolio to gizmo for proofing my "skills" in animation in order to get the models. I don't think, that he want them to be spread to everyone. But on the other hand, there is a entire thread for it: 

I'd love to share them, but as said. I don't want to get in trouble for sharing them without permission. They still belong to gizmo, after all :)

29 minutes ago, Loruna said:

I don't know, if I am allowed to hand them out. I had to send a portfolio to gizmo for proofing my "skills" in animation in order to get the models. I don't think, that he want them to be spread to everyone. But on the other hand, there is a entire thread for it: 

I'd love to share them, but as said. I don't want to get in trouble for sharing them without permission. They still belong to gizmo, after all :)

Yes I understand that and didn't think you would be able to hand them out, but thought it was worth a try. The thread you linked to that Ash created has kinks to a file that Frenchtouch made available which does not have the correct models, they are standard 3DS models where I am about 99% sure the 3DX models have some changes. It's good to know that you were able to get the correct models, others had tried with no success doing the same you did, but that was well over 2 years ago, was around 4 years ago. Back then they didn't even seem to want to give out any information let alone the models. All people were getting told is their samples were in the wrong format and didn't seem to matter if they were good or not. Back then it just seemed they really were not interested in having people make clothes for them. Ash tried doing what he could with that thread but he didn't seem to get a lot of help from the devs, he had to modify it several times to get it to where it is as people pointed out problems. Maybe the devs just didn't understand what people were asking for or needed to be able to do things like clothes. I am only guessing here but it seemed like they tried the clothes on the 3DX models and when they didn't fit they didn't wake up that people need the model to be able to make the clothes to fit. Or as I said before they just really weren't that interested at that time.

12 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Yes I understand that and didn't think you would be able to hand them out, but thought it was worth a try. The thread you linked to that Ash created has kinks to a file that Frenchtouch made available which does not have the correct models, they are standard 3DS models where I am about 99% sure the 3DX models have some changes. It's good to know that you were able to get the correct models, others had tried with no success doing the same you did, but that was well over 2 years ago, was around 4 years ago. Back then they didn't even seem to want to give out any information let alone the models. All people were getting told is their samples were in the wrong format and didn't seem to matter if they were good or not. Back then it just seemed they really were not interested in having people make clothes for them. Ash tried doing what he could with that thread but he didn't seem to get a lot of help from the devs, he had to modify it several times to get it to where it is as people pointed out problems. Maybe the devs just didn't understand what people were asking for or needed to be able to do things like clothes. I am only guessing here but it seemed like they tried the clothes on the 3DX models and when they didn't fit they didn't wake up that people need the model to be able to make the clothes to fit. Or as I said before they just really weren't that interested at that time.

I was actually very surprised when he send them to me. I thought it was worth a shot but didn't expect it back then. Maybe, when the people wanted to create clothes, the devs weren't interested in clothes but people for poses and animations. Because clothes are very quickly done if you have the meshes. But animations are a bit more complicated. Maybe they didn't want to moderate those clothes files in addition. But I can only do assumptions here.

In the end, it didn't got me anything since my poses and animations I've created, never found the way into the game sadly. But, when I take a look on them now, I can understand it a bit xD Only the one, which I made the picture of, is quite okay for being part of the game xD