3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates Discussion

Gizmo

High poly bodies can also be used when in a room with just 2 or 3 people without putting a lot of strain on computers.

Yes they would strain our computers if it was tried where we all have high poly bodies when we are in a place where there are lots of people.

But just having 2 or 3 people in a room, like for when we are having sex, can be done.

With the ability to enable / disable this feature! ^ _ ^ At any time =)

Doing all job for 2 models instead of one only will icnrease amout of work needed and we will never see new poses and other nice stuff. No, thanks. Current models is well enough. 

The rigging the use (bones), is a standard one from what I understand.

So if they use the same rigging in better models then all the animations will work in both.

A higher poly count will mean that clothes used on one will not work on the other though.

My opinion actually is that they likely do not need to improve the poly count as much as they need to improve the texture maps, which could be done of the models they use now.

The shape of the avis is not that bad, it is the detail in the texture maps that let them down, that and the shaders they use.

If they use higher detailed skins, eyes and hair and such the avatars could look a lot better.

They can also set it up so lower end computers use the lower end textures.

At the moment people with high end computers are not getting the benefit from having them as the game is allowing for low end computers.

But both can be allowed for, just the ones with high end will see better looking avis which will likely cause jealousy.

If you want to understand a little on what the shaders do for hair in Unity and where the devs need to do more work in getting the later hair they added to the game to look much better, then watch this video from about the 13 minute mark.

Oh and by the way, you can do a lot better than he shows in this video, I am just meaning to show how it is done in Unity.

The shaders you use are very important, in particular the double sided shaders.

If higher resolution textures are used, then the hair will look better.

Hair will often have several parts to it, like scalp, bangs and so on, each may need different shaders.

Unity has settings for each part that sets the way the lighting is received, how it reflects lighting and such, they need to be set correctly.

Unity has other settings for things like ambiance and such, which also need to be set correctly.

It is not just a matter of importing something in and it will automatically look how it should, and if the item was made for another software package then it will likely need more work.

But having said all this, someone who knows what they are doing would not take very long to do it.

The hair styles they recently introduced to the game from Daz3D, well the signs are the devs really didn't work very hard on getting them to look right in 3DXChat.

I will later when I have a bit more time see if I can find other videos I can remember we watched, which showed how to improve our skins on the avis using shaders.

You can't pick the poly count for an avi as it's one or the other male/female with the finer details making a slight different if at all.  If you use a high poly avi, you have to realize that with the user created rooms and even the public room like Fresco and the beach the load time for the beach is bad enough let alone with high poly count avis that would be a nightmare.  Think of all the complaints that would be done if switched up to that.  Users create rooms with fine details and even with the barest of settings some can't handle the room let alone a huge amount of people in there for it.  Some games allow you to be able to see just how much your avi weighs from basic (bald, no make-up, clothes, add-ons like hip, hands, feet, breasts, asses and such) or fully dressed with the bits added, this game doesn't that I know of unless it's been said before.  All aspects need to be looked at first before putting any changes into place.  While some think the Devs don't give a fuck and don't bother or think they don't read.  They do, it's them choosing to respond or take your suggest and try to figure out how to make it work with the game.

For me, I just sit back, snuggled in a blanket, read my books, drinking my big mug of hot green tea while enjoying my Skittles.  I look on here once in a while and see the same things, commenting here and there.

Doing all job for 2 models instead of one only will icnrease amout of work needed and we will never see new poses and other nice stuff. No, thanks. Current models is well enough. 

That is where user created content is the game changer. The existing models in the hands of capable artists can make them look vastly different just through 'painting' - and if controls given, users can modify the avi a tremendous amount.

There are also controls that 3DX could enable. The sliders we have now to make boobs bigger and smaller, head, waist, etc... well there are literally dozens more that exist.

When Curio was being developed, the sliders you are used to here where in it also, but so so many more for each part of the avi.  The eyes for example, could be made bigger or smaller, the corners raised or lowered, they could be bugged out or sunken, the upper and lower lids, opened or closed, they could be widened or narrowed, etc... that is just the eyes!!! If I typed everything else about, cheekbones, jawline, forehead, mouth, nose, ears and all their individual adjustments we would be here all night and we never got to arms, hands, torso, legs, feet, etc..!! When first learning them it was so overwhelming how much you can adjust an Avi. The same holds true here. Curio was the same Unity as 3DX. Those sliders can be added to the existing menu.

As for the higher poly models, there certainly is a limit on what would work. My gut instinct after conversations with some of the Developers in world during Curio's creation is that in hard coded rooms you might be ok. Apparently Unity doesn't like lot's of little objects. It like's to handle single higher poly objects more efficiently. I rember when there was a thought that user built rooms on unity would start to lag severally at a few hundred props. As we all know on a modern computer running win 7 and above you can get over a thousand. I just hope they stop dumbing down rmthis game for people who have puters from 1947 running anything under windows 7.

Lol,

Improvement is not a clone and you obviously havn't a clue. Out with the old and in with the improved.

Windows XP lol 

Might wanna go back to RLC for that . I bet there are some old rigs there.

Lol Which improvement? I see no improvement. I see more lag, more bullshits. XP ?  I care for all players, not only for the whiners . Some have graphical issues, that could be fixed by allowing Open GL (of course you don't care for them). Btw, you seem to forget that the main content in this kind of games are....players. Now I gonna be true about player contents: most of what I see is shitty. I pay a service. I want good content only dev can do this, anyone else.

Look, it is blatantly obvious to anyone paying attention that you don't want improvements cause you have a 1947 era computer with windows XP.

It is also blatantly obvious you want the status quo.

As for your content concearns, then don't use any of it. Geezus christ. Pretty simple fix for you wasn't that?

Your arguement is irrelevent.

3DX has a huge chance to improve. One way is migrating the game to unity 2018.X. The downside to this is that 3DX has a ton of scripts written in JavaScript and the newer versions of Unity are scrapping JavaScript in favour for C# this means the developers will need to rewrite half the game for it to migrate correctly with minimum issues. This most likely would be a main reason why we're still using the old 2017 Unity 5 version.

Also I have seen some users request support for performance and see they are using Intel HD chips. I do agree with some points above, the game is built in mind of older computer systems and eventually it will need to be updated to 64bit and improved to stay within the market. Which will eventually make older systems obsolete, especially as both Nvidia and AMD havebscrapped 32Bit drivers entirely.

Also some users most likely who use laptops might have discreet graphics cards in their system and not realise it's not using that device and is instead using the integrated CPU chip. There is a lot of different factors as to why the game may not have higher quality hairs, skins etc.

Hopefully the 3DX developers will work on a solution that will please all involved, but I guess time will tell.

3DX has a huge chance to improve. One way is migrating the game to unity 2018.X. The downside to this is that 3DX has a ton of scripts written in JavaScript and the newer versions of Unity are scrapping JavaScript in favour for C# this means the developers will need to rewrite half the game for it to migrate correctly with minimum issues. This most likely would be a main reason why we're still using the old 2017 Unity 5 version.

And wait for year without updates? I think that more clothes/poses/clothes and poses editors and other nice stuff to add in game is more important than better graphics. 

For me, this 3DX experience has been more about the other people playing, and interacting with them, more than clothes, poses or graphics. I know that's not the topic of discussion, but still, I think the game can use some improvement in that area too. Maybe more game options would bring more people? But maybe not. High quality does not always ensure something selling more than something of low quality. Just look at pop music.

And wait for year without updates? I think that more clothes/poses/clothes and poses editors and other nice stuff to add in game is more important than better graphics.

The issue with that is, the more content as big as those you mention they release the longer it will be come the time of the migration to a new engine version and also cause older versions to potentially no longer be valid example being you make a ton of clothes in a clothes editor for example then they're all useless due to format changes, then all that hardwork has gone.

Unless they start to write those applications in C#.

Edit; But who knows what they're working on. ^^ Hopefully we see some content improvements soon. I have been keeping track of this game and am surprised to see such little updates the past year compared to how it was back in '14-'15

The update issues with Unity and Unreal is the reason five years ago Linden Labs decided Sansar would be made in their own custom platform engine.

Sansar and Oasis aren't going to stop developing, and who knows who else may enter the frey. It is logical to deduce 3DX simply cannot remain static if longevity and growth is a goal.

I tried to put sansar on my computer (and it's a medium one, not a basic), but i was unable to load a single room or place or whatever they have. It's a game for heaaavy computers only. Better to go in SL, at least low computers can enter a basic room lol. Didn't saw Oasis thing though.

Rewriting scripts from UnityScript to C# is not that hard really, can probably be done in a couple of weeks or something if you have sources. Or can be done via .dll decompilation to C# and some manual fixing (mostly required for IEnumerators).

Have they changed what they originally intended to do, which was to no longer supply the UnityScript compiler but still leave it so existing script would still work.

That was my understanding of it anyway, but was a while ago when I saw that.

For those wanting to understand some of the problems using Unity and Unreal pose to having lot's of user content and version updates, heavy modifications like pose editor, etc... this article from Linden Labs touches upon why they decided to build their own engine and why worlds like 3DX in Unity have major choices to make. 3DX may have some very hard decisions to make.

* Note: never used SL but it has 24 billion pieces of user created content. Holy shit.

https://modemworld.me/2019/03/09/sansar-why-ll-are-building-their-own-engine-w-audio/

For those wanting to understand some of the problems using Unity and Unreal pose to having lot's of user content and version updates, heavy modifications like pose editor, etc... this article from Linden Labs touches upon why they decided to build their own engine and why worlds like 3DX in Unity have major choices to make. 3DX may have some very hard decisions to make.

* Note: never used SL but it has 24 billion pieces of user created content. Holy shit.

https://modemworld.me/2019/03/09/sansar-why-ll-are-building-their-own-engine-w-audio/

IMVU has a lot as well not to mention Utherverse games but that's the thing, Gizmo stated that they would never do a store because they want the users to all have the same thing.  The only difference has been the rooms to which people would be able to decorate with what we have.  Now with World Editor, people can build differently but like others agree that no money should be made off builds.  While time and effort goes into it, if they ever do away with it, those builds like the ones of the past are no longer of any use.

IMVU has a lot as well not to mention Utherverse games but that's the thing, Gizmo stated that they would never do a store because they want the users to all have the same thing.  The only difference has been the rooms to which people would be able to decorate with what we have.  Now with World Editor, people can build differently but like others agree that no money should be made off builds.  While time and effort goes into it, if they ever do away with it, those builds like the ones of the past are no longer of any use.

The link is more about how when you start adding a lot of custom scripting (like a Pose Editor, Clothing Editor, Stores, and things of that sort would require)  you can face some major hurdles when updating to newer versions because of the custom stuff needing redone. Factors i'm sure they are weighing. Factors which lead LL to NOT use Unity or Unreal.

Do you stay with the current version you are using?. Do you upgrade? If you upgrade when? Do you upgrade at all? Do you work on a new upgraded version independently till it is ready?

I think that flaccid dicks should not be as big as hard ones, they should be smaller. And there should also be an option of flaccid penis for girl avis because a lot of people play female avis permanently with dick - futas/shemales/sissys/femboys.

Our avis are very much the same as they were 5 years ago.

I thought when the devs converted to unity 5 that the avis would be improved, as from what I understand almost all version upgrades done in other games do that.

The main feature of the game is the avis and I was really surprised when they weren't touched.

There are so many things that can be done that will allow people with more powerful computers to be able to see much better avis, and it can be done without effecting how others with lower end computers can play.

For example, if what has been explained to me is correct, then Material.SetTexture can be used to have it so we can select how high the detail of the textures on our avis is during gameplay.

Meaning we can have a control in the UI that allows us to set the resolution of the textures used.

Textures can be a big drain on our computers.

On each avi the color shown in the rendering is set by things like lighting for each single pixel on the avi.

The higher detail (higher resolution) texture maps used will require more power to render as there are so many more pixel need to be processed.

A 4096x4096 texture map has over 16 million pixels compared to a 2048x2048 which has 4 million, so to go to a map twice the size requires 4 times the processing.

And that goes for every single avatar we see on our screens.

So just setting the maps to a higher detailed map can create a lot of problems for people with low end computers.

But if they make it so we can select the detail, which map we use, then we can control how much our computers get effected.

There are also settings in unity that can be set the LOD to different objects during runtime, meaning we can have a control in the UI to set it.

The LOD controls the level of detail we see in objects that are over a certain distance away from our view point.

And this can reduce the amount of triangles used to draw objects that are more than that distance away from us.

Which can again be used to offer higher detail to people who have higher end computers while still allowing for those with low end computers.

I personally think the devs have not done enough with the avis over the years to allow for the increase in computer performance over that time.

Our avis should now be a lot better than they are and should have kept up with the improvements made in the detail made in the environment we have them in.