3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates Discussion

Gizmo

I didn't think that offended you so much, sorry. 

well, you are right and you convinced me. if only I don’t like the update, it’s really only I who are mistaken. otherwise, there would be more feedback from the players. and if there are no negative responses, then everything is fine.

The are Just To Many Request,, devs cannot make them all, and select the ones that suits more for the moment they need to, Me and some others have been "lucky?" for a way to say, or maybe we "hitted the nail" on what dev's proyect aims and presented it in the right way...

Okay. That's actually sounds like a reasonable argument. Instead of all this talks about likes ratio and good players. 

Tattoos indeed would be nice , here´s what a friend made for me :3

db719d72c12415c6ff5a3b9566de1434.png

^said Friend´s name :)

No matter what you think about Second Life...

I have pictures (that I uploaded) on the walls - been asking here for years.
I have moving (venetian) blinds - asked for years ago.
I have more jewelry than I know what to do with - I have three necklaces here and a few weird things for my wrists.
I don't ever change my tattoos but there are a million and one to choose from - none here.
I can watch TV wherever I go - we lost it here years ago, never to return.

There is nothing difficult about the above. So, either Unity can't support them (lol!) or the devs are just not capable of implementing them.

SL-home-pics-and-tattoos.jpg

Ahhh we all love our tatts.

When I used to play RLC (I don't now they are cunts) this was one of my avis.

NEW-AVI-ROCKSTER-RLC-DUPLICATE-WITH-EYES

Tatts for 3DX!!!

Do it Now!!!

Pleeeeaaasse!!!

out of subject... and tatts aside...but it makes me sad that male avatars face here, don't look as manly as this.

Two main things for me still are more clothes for both men and women (mainly so we have more unique looks in the game - I mean who doesn't hate running into their twin in the game).  And the other thing is more activities, actions in game.  Dice, mini-games, sounds you can make, etc.  I want it all to feel more real.

There are so many high impact things that would improve 3DX.  I still wonder why a pose editor was offered then nothing more was said of it.

Why hasn't the emphasis been on creating avenues for more user made content like  the World Editor? The World Editor should be a clear indicator for the impact such creative tools can bring. 

Perhaps spend more time on creating a plug-in where movies and youtube can be streamed real time in world and theaters could be made, and focus on the creation of some kind of texture editor for the clothing meshes users can make designs with,  tattoos, accessories and other things. Also, any other tools for that enable community created content to be developed and added 24/7. The older worlds have had this ability for over 10 years.

Personally I find the blokes’ permanent erection rather laughable, but I guess some of the chaps see this as their best feature.

Well I don't want to rob them of this feature, I just want the option to be limp to be added in game.

No matter what you think about Second Life...

I have pictures (that I uploaded) on the walls - been asking here for years.

I have moving (venetian) blinds - asked for years ago.

I have more jewelry than I know what to do with - I have three necklaces here and a few weird things for my wrists.

I don't ever change my tattoos but there are a million and one to choose from - none here.

I can watch TV wherever I go - we lost it here years ago, never to return.

There is nothing difficult about the above. So, either Unity can't support them (lol!) or the devs are just not capable of implementing them.

SL-home-pics-and-tattoos.jpg

I wonder if the whole thing with DMCA notices regarding textures is what keeps them from adding such features. Maybe they don't want the hassle. I dunno. However, damn would it be kewl to be able to add textures of our own to the Prims and clothing.

In RLC there is a fellow who used Granny viewer to extract the UV maps for all the props and prims in that game. I don't think Granny works in Unity, but I wonder if there is another program that would do the same.

You'd think if the dll can add a print to the clothing, a UV map of the clothing or Object could make any textures fit correctly.

As for Avi's there must be a reason they don't use things from places like Turbosquid.

gl.jpg914d5d93-12b0-4e8e-83e9-307561ded03D-female-body-model_0.jpg

Turbosquid stuff is typically too high poly which if put in a real time game like 3DX will lag like a boss and is often designed for Daz Studio builders. So it would be designed to specific body shapes known as the Genesis Bodies for women. I do agree though Turbosquid does bring some amazing content for people to purchase and use, but often requires beefy machines to run it and is typically used mainly as a demostration for your portfolio/demoreel when getting a job in the industry than actual game content, although some of the stuff on Turbosquid could theoretically be brought into 3DX but it will need to be readjusted, which means they'll need to purchase them via the interactive license, which costs a lot.

It would be better if they potentially spend the money they would do on Turbosquid and the licenses, on another Artist to create unique stuff to the game that cannot be "Referenced" to another creators creation.

As for Avi's there must be a reason they don't use things from places like Turbosquid.

the reason is simple. 3dxchat devs no need to make any updates or making the game better, as the player number not changing significantly by adding or not adding a new feature. gizmo could work much hard, every day, making this game more cooler, but it wont result significant player (aka customer) number increase. also if there will be much more player (3-5 times more than now) that would raise the cost and problems of maintaining the game and the server, etc. the best thing he can do in his perspective, is what he doing in the last years: using this game for practicing his programming skills and solving problems what he (and not the players) interested in. he dont need to make new poses, clothes, content, because player base is slowly growing without it also. plus is he would like to make big things for bigger money, he has to hire more ppl, office, etc. now he can do it from home as a hobbie with a steady income and without a lot of headache. its similar why someone wont change place with his/her boss. maybe someone's boss making much more money, but with the price of much more stress.

Turbosquid stuff is typically too high poly which if put in a real time game like 3DX will lag like a boss and is often designed for Daz Studio builders. So it would be designed to specific body shapes known as the Genesis Bodies for women. I do agree though Turbosquid does bring some amazing content for people to purchase and use, but often requires beefy machines to run it and is typically used mainly as a demostration for your portfolio/demoreel when getting a job in the industry than actual game content, although some of the stuff on Turbosquid could theoretically be brought into 3DX but it will need to be readjusted, which means they'll need to purchase them via the interactive license, which costs a lot.

It would be better if they potentially spend the money they would do on Turbosquid and the licenses, on another Artist to create unique stuff to the game that cannot be "Referenced" to another creators creation.

I get what your saying about poly count. I believe there is lower poly stuff too and you never know what kinda deal you may be able to swing. Not like the company hasn't already bought 3rd party content already. You might even be able to hire someone with demonstrated skill on a contract specific bases. There are a lot of hungry 3D modelers these days.

But yeah, another Dev would be a bonus. 

There is a developer from Utherverse's Oasis who recently left that team who might be what Gizmo is looking for.  A couple years experience now in creating things in that platform for their adult world concept. Also Unity. There are people out there. That much is a certainty.  Oasis Developer Most of that is stuff he built for Oasis.

I just hope 3DX finds some talent to help in faster content development. It certainly isn't growing much it appears. I suspect the limited content is one of the reasons among others.

High poly bodies can also be used when in a room with just 2 or 3 people without putting a lot of strain on computers.

Yes they would strain our computers if it was tried where we all have high poly bodies when we are in a place where there are lots of people.

But just having 2 or 3 people in a room, like for when we are having sex, can be done.

High poly bodies can also be used when in a room with just 2 or 3 people without putting a lot of strain on computers.

Yes they would strain our computers if it was tried where we all have high poly bodies when we are in a place where there are lots of people.

But just having 2 or 3 people in a room, like for when we are having sex, can be done.

I'm sure high poly Avi's could exceed 25 in a "room". Provided the room was hard coded like the 3DX properties and not user created with hundreds of pieces. But 3DX needs low poly if the building is part of the experience. .